Thread: Chesterfield County and the Tea Party can overrule State law

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Chesterfield County and the Tea Party can overrule State law

I've about had it with idiots today.

I went out to film the Tea Party Protest at the Hilton this morning. The Alert said something like "Line the Street"....well they did. All 5 of them

Before protestor number 2 showed up, Protestor number 1 and apparently one of the Chiefs, parked his truck and asked me what I was there for.

I don't like that question....duh, I'm standing there with a tripod, two cameras and a press badge...what the Hell does he think I'm there for....so I said, to video the Tea Party make fools out of themselves.

A heated discussion followed and of course, the Tea Party being anti gun came up.

The Chesterfield Fairgrounds parking became a topic and this moron said" The law against having a gun on school property only applies while class is in session".

Then he dropped the BIG ONE! He said "I arranged it with Chesterfield for people with Guns to park in the School Parking Lot and the Chesterfield PD OK'ed it".

So now all you folks that worry about carry on school property and the GFZ know what to do...just get a note from the Richmond Tea party. No worries at all!

Banned
    I'm sure the guy accidentally already killed himself .... did the police come over and hose these guys down?

The local group has always had issues (or at least split personalities) , but increasingly over the last year has been ever more erratic leaving me to be thankful I stopped associating with them a while back. most of my friends who used to go haven't gone in a very long time.

They even had a falling out with Doc Thompson, which is tough to do since he isn't even in the market anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    The local group has always had issues (or at least split personalities) , but increasingly over the last year has been ever more erratic leaving me to be thankful I stopped associating with them a while back. most of my friends who used to go haven't gone in a very long time.

They even had a falling out with Doc Thompson, which is tough to do since he isn't even in the market anymore.
    Yep, odd bunch Skeptic.
    This is OC related BTW. I was OC'ing a 44 Mag and what Skidmark calls my "Almost a Gun"...Tazer.

This is a screen grab of one of the video's. The fellow in the middle is the one who claimed to have superseded school property carry.
    This was the whole demonstration...embarrassing!

Last edited by peter nap; 05-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.

lol only 5 people?

lol....

This is OC related BTW. I was OC'ing a 44 Mag and what Skidmark calls my "Almost a Gun"...Tazer.
    So you OC both a handgun and a tazer? You got a picture how you have your rig set up while dual carrying?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    lol only 5 people?

lol....

So you OC both a handgun and a tazer? You got a picture how you have your rig set up while dual carrying?
    I don't have a picture because it depends. I have a camera bag that has a section on the backside I carry the Taser in a lot. Today, I had a bag that had a compartment on each side. Had the 44 on the right side and the Taser on the left.

If I'm wearing a jacket, the Taser goes in a shoulder holster and my gun on a strong side belt holster (which is where I usually carry it)

Sometimes I just have a belt holster on both sides with the Taser on the left and cross draw style.

If I'm going somewhere don't like...I carry a can of bear spray too.
    Last edited by peter nap; 05-02-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    --snip--

A heated discussion followed and of course, the Tea Party being anti gun came up.

The Chesterfield Fairgrounds parking became a topic and this moron said" The law against having a gun on school property only applies while class is in session".

Then he dropped the BIG ONE! He said "I arranged it with Chesterfield for people with Guns to park in the School Parking Lot and the Chesterfield PD OK'ed it".

So now all you folks that worry about carry on school property and the GFZ know what to do...just get a note from the Richmond Tea party. No worries at all!
    Ignorance can generally be fixed - stupid may take a while longer.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Ignorance can generally be fixed - stupid may take a while longer.
    Wish you'd get that quote straight:

Ignorance, like virginity, can be cured. Stupidity is like a genetic disease that no amount of splicing will improve.
    What gets me is that those people actually thought they were being helpful. May the saints preserve us from those who want to be helpful.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    --snip--

What gets me is that those people actually thought they were being helpful. May the saints preserve us from those who want to be helpful.

stay safe.
    So how did you get your SMV behind the group w/o even Peter seeing you?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    So how did you get your SMV behind the group w/o even Peter seeing you?
    Vewy, vewy carefuwwy.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit