• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chesterfield County and the Tea Party can overrule State law

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've about had it with idiots today.

I went out to film the Tea Party Protest at the Hilton this morning. The Alert said something like "Line the Street"....well they did. All 5 of them:lol:

Before protestor number 2 showed up, Protestor number 1 and apparently one of the Chiefs, parked his truck and asked me what I was there for.

I don't like that question....duh, I'm standing there with a tripod, two cameras and a press badge...what the Hell does he think I'm there for....so I said, to video the Tea Party make fools out of themselves.

A heated discussion followed and of course, the Tea Party being anti gun came up.

The Chesterfield Fairgrounds parking became a topic and this moron said" The law against having a gun on school property only applies while class is in session".

Then he dropped the BIG ONE! He said "I arranged it with Chesterfield for people with Guns to park in the School Parking Lot and the Chesterfield PD OK'ed it".

So now all you folks that worry about carry on school property and the GFZ know what to do...just get a note from the Richmond Tea party. No worries at all!:uhoh:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
The local group has always had issues (or at least split personalities) , but increasingly over the last year has been ever more erratic leaving me to be thankful I stopped associating with them a while back. most of my friends who used to go haven't gone in a very long time.

They even had a falling out with Doc Thompson, which is tough to do since he isn't even in the market anymore.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The local group has always had issues (or at least split personalities) , but increasingly over the last year has been ever more erratic leaving me to be thankful I stopped associating with them a while back. most of my friends who used to go haven't gone in a very long time.

They even had a falling out with Doc Thompson, which is tough to do since he isn't even in the market anymore.

Yep, odd bunch Skeptic.
This is OC related BTW. I was OC'ing a 44 Mag and what Skidmark calls my "Almost a Gun"...Tazer.

This is a screen grab of one of the video's. The fellow in the middle is the one who claimed to have superseded school property carry.:banghead:
This was the whole demonstration...embarrassing!

tea-1.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
lol only 5 people?

lol....

So you OC both a handgun and a tazer? You got a picture how you have your rig set up while dual carrying?

I don't have a picture because it depends. I have a camera bag that has a section on the backside I carry the Taser in a lot. Today, I had a bag that had a compartment on each side. Had the 44 on the right side and the Taser on the left.

If I'm wearing a jacket, the Taser goes in a shoulder holster and my gun on a strong side belt holster (which is where I usually carry it)

Sometimes I just have a belt holster on both sides with the Taser on the left and cross draw style.

If I'm going somewhere don't like...I carry a can of bear spray too.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

A heated discussion followed and of course, the Tea Party being anti gun came up.

The Chesterfield Fairgrounds parking became a topic and this moron said" The law against having a gun on school property only applies while class is in session".

Then he dropped the BIG ONE! He said "I arranged it with Chesterfield for people with Guns to park in the School Parking Lot and the Chesterfield PD OK'ed it".

So now all you folks that worry about carry on school property and the GFZ know what to do...just get a note from the Richmond Tea party. No worries at all!:uhoh:

Ignorance can generally be fixed - stupid may take a while longer.:p

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Ignorance can generally be fixed - stupid may take a while longer.:p

Wish you'd get that quote straight:

Ignorance, like virginity, can be cured. Stupidity is like a genetic disease that no amount of splicing will improve.

What gets me is that those people actually thought they were being helpful. May the saints preserve us from those who want to be helpful.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

What gets me is that those people actually thought they were being helpful. May the saints preserve us from those who want to be helpful.

stay safe.

So how did you get your SMV behind the group w/o even Peter seeing you? :lol: