Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sedro-Wooley Shoot! Saturday, May 19th!

Sedro-Wooley Shoot! Saturday, May 19th!

Ok Guys & Gals! It's shootin' time again! This time it's up in Sedro-Wooley at a giant Gravel Quarry. So feel free to come on out! I was thinking around 11:00 AM, since the pit fills up fast.

48.545137,-121.993303

There's the Cords, but I don't know how to make them work just yet!

So who's in?
    Beware! For I am the BB sniper...

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    Ok Guys & Gals! It's shootin' time again! This time it's up in Sedro-Wooley at a giant Gravel Quarry. So feel free to come on out! I was thinking around 11:00 AM, since the pit fills up fast.

48.545137,-121.993303

There's the Cords, but I don't know how to make them work just yet!

So who's in?
    Here, let me google that for you.

Didn't know there was a pit there. Put me down as a definite maybe.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Here, let me google that for you.

Didn't know there was a pit there. Put me down as a definite maybe.
    Thanks.

If you look on Satellite View, You can see a pit there! It's nice and Big!

The best way to get there is by Medford Road, and follow it all the way to "Cowboy Camp". There the road makes a Y, and keep to the left. The road goes on for a little bit, then drops down into a ravine, cross the bridge, go up the hill, keep going then it pops out into the Shooting area! The road cuts through the place, so drive slow. When I was last there, there's 4 or 5 "Arenas" or "Bowls" in which multiple groups can shoot and not disturb each other.

Too bad I work, I live sooo close.

Cool

I've never been down there but I've put it on my calendar. Sounds like fun!

Googling it looks like Scott Paper Road /Crown Pacific Mainline is the most direct access, rather than the Medford Road as suggested above.

Which way would be best?

Quote Originally Posted by ARADCOM View Post
    I've never been down there but I've put it on my calendar. Sounds like fun!

Googling it looks like Scott Paper Road /Crown Pacific Mainline is the most direct access, rather than the Medford Road as suggested above.

Which way would be best?
    The Crown Pacific Mainline road is closed off, That's why I listed Medford Road. I got caught off guard by that too.

You start off at Scott Paper Road, then go to Medford Road. It's not too hard to get to, but can take awhile.

Update:

This has been re-branded a "Clean-N-Shoot" Event.

I'm bringing a trash bag to haul out some of the garbage up there. If we all set a good example, everyone else will follow.

And I'm bringing Munchies and some camp chairs if anyone wants to sit during Cold Range.

Thumbs up Cleanliness is next to Godliness!

I'm in for the cleanup part and can take a couple of bags of trash with me when I leave.

And I'll bring my own chair and a cooler of drinks to share.

What type of shooting? Can I use my revolver? Can I bring my really cool air rifle? How about explosive targets or clay?
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Cool Shoot 'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    What type of shooting? Can I use my revolver? Can I bring my really cool air rifle? How about explosive targets or clay?
    I've never been down there so I can't say about explosives or clay. But I'm planning on shooting several pistols, rifle and shotgun.

I've never shot clays before. Maybe you'd let me take a try at a couple of yours?

I've never been down there so I can't say about explosives or clay. But I'm planning on shooting several pistols, rifle and shotgun.

I've never shot clays before. Maybe you'd let me take a try at a couple of yours?
    I want to make it and if I do I'll bring a few discs. I'll share a few, np. I like shooting them because they shatter.

If you don't know then I'll not bring explosive targets. Very cool but messy.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I want to make it and if I do I'll bring a few discs. I'll share a few, np. I like shooting them because they shatter.

If you don't know then I'll not bring explosive targets. Very cool but messy.
    What do you mean by explosive targets? Tannerite or objects like tv's and bowling pins? If Tannerite then yes you can. If the other stuff no. It makes to much hazard and mess to clean. Yes bring the revolver and air rifle. It's a out door shooting pit. So any guns you want really.

1 Week to Go!!!

Ok Guys & Gals! It's only 1 week until the big shoot of the season!!!

And 11:00 is when shooting commences "Officially", I'll be there around 10:00 AM or so, and everyone can filter in whenever they like as long as they get there by 11:00.

Circle the wagons and get out the guns, It's Shootin' time!

Anyone going from the Tacoma area, I'd love to get a ride. I'd be willing to put up some gas money and/or buy lunch.

Attention!!!

Just a reminder here for all that are attending: The purpose of this event is to help the environment and spread Responsible Shooter's Awareness(RSA). But, All rules of firearm safety still apply(I know, we're all getting together to have fun and show off our toys). But ANY Tomfoolery or Trouble-making will not be permitted. Zero Tolerance here. Unlike most ranges that have rules on how fast you can fire and how many rounds you can put in your gun, etc None of that here. You can Bump-Fire if you want! just as long as it's safe to do so. But The rules of safety must be followed.

I don't want to sound like a asshat, but life is expensive, and those few extra precautions can go an awfully long way to keeping everyone safe. I just want everyone to have the best time and come out safely.

I'm just afraid of that one person showing up and ruining it for us all.

Did I sound like an Asshat?

Ok, Only 2 days until the Shoot!

Cool "Clean-N-Shoot"

Are we still on for this event tomorrow?

Chime in if you're going to be there.

Affirmative. FMJ and I will be getting there around 10am to clean and setup targets.

Unfortunately, my motorcycle isn't up for the trip so I'm not going to make it.

Thumbs up Coming in from Bellingham!

I will be there with bells on, and I am bringing my girlfriend who will be shooting a gun for the first time in her life. I will bring a few guns, and some ammo. Is there anything else needed? Snacks, soda, targets, etc?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    I will be there with bells on, and I am bringing my girlfriend who will be shooting a gun for the first time in her life. I will bring a few guns, and some ammo. Is there anything else needed? Snacks, soda, targets, etc?
    Bring it all.

Cool Clean it up! Shoot it up!

Well, I had a pretty good time. Nice to meet SigGuy23, FMJ911, Boomboy007 (w/GF Cecelia), JustCallMeDave (w/GF/Wife?). Sig and FMJ were hard at work cleaning up when I got there and we got some help from a local, Mike, who was doing some shooting of a really cool S&W Thunder Ranch 8-shot .357, mostly alloy and really light.

We got about a dozen big garbage bags full and burned a LOT of stuff. Kind of cool in that another group across the pit saw what we were doing and started their own cleanup.

FMJ's AK47 w/75 round drum mag was just to cool and of course SigGuy had a nice Sig and Boomboy had a very nice Steyr, the first I've seen. I let loose with my Mossberg 930, Ruger 10/22 takedown, Star .40. Taurus .40, Ruger SR 9. Cecelia had fun with my Browning .22 (first gun she ever shot) and moved on to Boomboys Steyr .40 and my SR 9.

Thanks to FMJ for getting this thing rolling and everyone else for the hard work and fun time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0246 copy.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	8475  
    Last edited by ARADCOM; 05-19-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Sounds like a great time, Hope to be able to start doing some of these types of things in the future.

Thumbs up Everybodys Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Blueslant View Post
    Sounds like a great time, Hope to be able to start doing some of these types of things in the future.
    We hope to see you at the next one, I think I'll set one up at the pit on the North Fork Nooksack later this summer..

We hope to see you at the next one, I think I'll set one up at the pit on the North Fork Nooksack later this summer..
    Not being here for that long, I'm now having to look up exactly where that is. Hope I can make it. Looks to be about 5 hours for me.
    Last edited by Blueslant; 05-19-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Google Maps is awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast