• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sedro-Wooley Shoot! Saturday, May 19th!

FMJ 911

Ok Guys & Gals! It's shootin' time again! This time it's up in Sedro-Wooley at a giant Gravel Quarry. So feel free to come on out! I was thinking around 11:00 AM, since the pit fills up fast.

48.545137,-121.993303

There's the Cords, but I don't know how to make them work just yet!

So who's in?

Metalhead47

Ok Guys & Gals! It's shootin' time again! This time it's up in Sedro-Wooley at a giant Gravel Quarry. So feel free to come on out! I was thinking around 11:00 AM, since the pit fills up fast.

48.545137,-121.993303

There's the Cords, but I don't know how to make them work just yet!

So who's in?

Here, let me google that for you.

Didn't know there was a pit there. Put me down as a definite maybe.

FMJ 911

Here, let me google that for you.

Didn't know there was a pit there. Put me down as a definite maybe.

Thanks.

If you look on Satellite View, You can see a pit there! It's nice and Big!

The best way to get there is by Medford Road, and follow it all the way to "Cowboy Camp". There the road makes a Y, and keep to the left. The road goes on for a little bit, then drops down into a ravine, cross the bridge, go up the hill, keep going then it pops out into the Shooting area! The road cuts through the place, so drive slow. When I was last there, there's 4 or 5 "Arenas" or "Bowls" in which multiple groups can shoot and not disturb each other.

ARADCOM

I've never been down there but I've put it on my calendar. Sounds like fun!

Googling it looks like Scott Paper Road /Crown Pacific Mainline is the most direct access, rather than the Medford Road as suggested above.

Which way would be best?

FMJ 911

I've never been down there but I've put it on my calendar. Sounds like fun!

Googling it looks like Scott Paper Road /Crown Pacific Mainline is the most direct access, rather than the Medford Road as suggested above.

Which way would be best?

The Crown Pacific Mainline road is closed off, That's why I listed Medford Road. I got caught off guard by that too.

You start off at Scott Paper Road, then go to Medford Road. It's not too hard to get to, but can take awhile.

FMJ 911

Update:

This has been re-branded a "Clean-N-Shoot" Event.

I'm bringing a trash bag to haul out some of the garbage up there. If we all set a good example, everyone else will follow.

And I'm bringing Munchies and some camp chairs if anyone wants to sit during Cold Range.

ARADCOM

Cleanliness is next to Godliness!

I'm in for the cleanup part and can take a couple of bags of trash with me when I leave.

And I'll bring my own chair and a cooler of drinks to share.

Levi

What type of shooting? Can I use my revolver? Can I bring my really cool air rifle? How about explosive targets or clay?

ARADCOM

Shoot 'em all!

What type of shooting? Can I use my revolver? Can I bring my really cool air rifle? How about explosive targets or clay?

I've never been down there so I can't say about explosives or clay. But I'm planning on shooting several pistols, rifle and shotgun.

I've never shot clays before. Maybe you'd let me take a try at a couple of yours?

Levi

I've never been down there so I can't say about explosives or clay. But I'm planning on shooting several pistols, rifle and shotgun.

I've never shot clays before. Maybe you'd let me take a try at a couple of yours?

I want to make it and if I do I'll bring a few discs. I'll share a few, np. I like shooting them because they shatter. :cool:

If you don't know then I'll not bring explosive targets. Very cool but messy.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I want to make it and if I do I'll bring a few discs. I'll share a few, np. I like shooting them because they shatter. :cool:

If you don't know then I'll not bring explosive targets. Very cool but messy.

What do you mean by explosive targets? Tannerite or objects like tv's and bowling pins? If Tannerite then yes you can. If the other stuff no. It makes to much hazard and mess to clean. Yes bring the revolver and air rifle. It's a out door shooting pit. So any guns you want really.

FMJ 911

1 Week to Go!!!

Ok Guys & Gals! It's only 1 week until the big shoot of the season!!!

And 11:00 is when shooting commences "Officially", I'll be there around 10:00 AM or so, and everyone can filter in whenever they like as long as they get there by 11:00.

Circle the wagons and get out the guns, It's Shootin' time!

Levi

Anyone going from the Tacoma area, I'd love to get a ride. I'd be willing to put up some gas money and/or buy lunch.

FMJ 911

Attention!!!

Just a reminder here for all that are attending: The purpose of this event is to help the environment and spread Responsible Shooter's Awareness(RSA). But, All rules of firearm safety still apply(I know, we're all getting together to have fun and show off our toys). But ANY Tomfoolery or Trouble-making will not be permitted. Zero Tolerance here. Unlike most ranges that have rules on how fast you can fire and how many rounds you can put in your gun, etc None of that here. You can Bump-Fire if you want! just as long as it's safe to do so. But The rules of safety must be followed.

I don't want to sound like a asshat, but life is expensive, and those few extra precautions can go an awfully long way to keeping everyone safe. I just want everyone to have the best time and come out safely.

I'm just afraid of that one person showing up and ruining it for us all.

Levi

Unfortunately, my motorcycle isn't up for the trip so I'm not going to make it. :(

Boomboy007

Coming in from Bellingham!

I will be there with bells on, and I am bringing my girlfriend who will be shooting a gun for the first time in her life. I will bring a few guns, and some ammo. Is there anything else needed? Snacks, soda, targets, etc?