• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

show us your 1911's

jeeper1

Mitchell_Arms_Gold_Series_95.jpg

jeeper1

It may be heavy but I'll bet the recoil is minimal.
I really like the trigger, who made it?

Yard Sale

SV interchangeable trigger system with the top-curved insert. Trigger bow has a tiny ball bearing that meets another bearing on the sear spring.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I LOVE 1911s!!!!!!!!

ad494d72-197a-f3f4.jpg

All custom grips by Raasco grips!! Great grips at great prices!

Last edited:

Yard Sale

But this is a 1911 thread, and that doesnt look like Any 1911 I have ever seen!
Please tell me what that is, who made it, where I can get one too??
It's a custom made gun on a STI 2011 frame. Not exactly a 1911, but as close as I have. Uses 1911 fire control parts, except for the wide body trigger bow. Uses 1911 beavertail, thumb safeties, plunger, slide stop, barrel (with Wilson/Nowlin cut), slide, firing pin/spring, guide rod/spring. It was made by a now-retired gunsmith in California, then modified with a tungsten barrel sleeve, heavier slide, and better sear/hammer by an Oregon gunsmith.

You can get one like it from STI http://www.stiguns.com/ or from any one of a number of competent gunsmiths. (Limcat, Shuey, Millenium, Brazos, Triangle, etc.)

spinks8824

auto ordnance 1911A1 may not be mine but looks just like it
autoordnance_left.jpg
autoordnance_right.jpg
bone stock just the way I like it and hammer bite well I just think of it as a badge of honor

45acpForMe

Just picked this up Tuesday after trying to locate one for a year... She's my first 1911...

1911SC-1sm.jpg

Very nice! I didn't know that S&W had a bobbed grip. I also love the M&P-Fishscales on the slide. The only thing which I hate about it is the caution on the frame. I understand that they may have it there so it can be sold in CA but come on, a gun is supposed to go bang when you pull the trigger regarless of whether a magazine is in the magwell!!!! Let us know how you like it accuracy, comfort and trigger-wise.

chammer

Very nice! I didn't know that S&W had a bobbed grip. I also love the M&P-Fishscales on the slide. The only thing which I hate about it is the caution on the frame. I understand that they may have it there so it can be sold in CA but come on, a gun is supposed to go bang when you pull the trigger regarless of whether a magazine is in the magwell!!!! Let us know how you like it accuracy, comfort and trigger-wise.

Thanks! I agree about the Caution, but what can ya do? Maybe black Crayon or something to make it less visible lol... :lol:

I did an initial quick write up on another forum, so I will just quote it here:

Well, I got her out to the range today and put 50rnds through it. It's definitely a whole different animal than my Glock 19 or even the .38 snubby I have. I'm not sure if its because I shoot the Glock so much, but I found my shots wayyyy way low and a touch to the left of center. I'm talking like 4-5" low and 1" left at 15 yards. Although, despite that, my grouping there was quite nice lol. In comparison, the last range trip with the Glock I did the last 50rnds center mass in a palm size group at 15 yards.

Definitely packs a heck of a lot more punch than that 9mm does, thats for sure. I was shooting 230gr ball, and my recoil management needs a lot more work for that. I'm normally burn 115gr in the 9mm, so it was a lesson for sure.

Despite those issues, the firearm itself is extremely impressive. The trigger is the best I've experienced to date, although my experience in various firearms isn't quite extensive. Shot a lot over the years from the age of 13 (33 now), but never owned or spent any real time with anything until my Glock purchase last year.

Night sights too are a new thing for me too. I've been wanting to put them on the Glock, but it's never on my mind long enough to actually do it. However, it's amazing how great they actually work, and the sight picture is great!

The magazines, however, leave a bit to be desired. Perhaps because they're new and need to loosen up a bit, but on a freshly loaded mag it did hang up on me once. I've found that both mags fully loaded seem to make the round below the top most point down a bit which causes the top most round to not feed out of the mag cleanly as it too wants to try and take a nose dive when feeding. Will keep an eye on it, and see how it does with some age/wear but it's really my only gripe.

The only thing I didn't really touch on was comfort. It's a very comfortable fit in my (very) small hands, although, I found shooting it to be a bit rough. Maybe a bit rougher than the grip on my Gen4 G19. After only a mag I ended up throwing my gloves on. I could be just a wuss though, who knows? :lol:

As touched upon, the accuracy leaves a bit desired right now, but with only 1 hour and 50 rounds, I can hardly expect to shoot the same as I do with a firearm I've spent the last year on. Based on various reviews I've read, however, it seems to be an extremely accurate pistol.

This weekend is pretty booked so not sure if I'll make it to the range this weekend, but will be getting some more time with her as soon as I can! Also planning to carry her for that dinner on the 6th. Hoping for no maintenance this time so I can stay longer than 20mins unlike the last time. :banana:

DreQo

State Researcher
Just picked this up Tuesday after trying to locate one for a year... She's my first 1911...

1911SC-1sm.jpg

Quoted image one more time for a beautiful gun...

chammer, I hate you. This is the gun I want! Unfortunately i couldn't justify the expense right now, so I decided to pick up a tactical RIA first. The next thing I did was order some tactical grips, stainless grip screws, a standard thumb safety, rounded mainspring housing, and an oversized firing pin stop so I can implement JMB's original design. I'll post pics once the parts show up and get installed.