Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exercising in a public park while armed = "Suspicious"

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I had a recorder once that fit perfectly in a magazine carrier... wish I knew where it was now.
    Mine is a RCA VR5220-A.....fits perfect in my mag carrier!!!....G-36....anyway. Has a direct USB plug in...no cables..

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-VR5220-Dig...6133643&sr=8-1
    Last edited by zekester; 05-04-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Fallschirmjäger:

Additionally, The Governor of The State of Georgia, Nathan Deal, has Signed into Law Georgia Code 16-11-136.

Georgia Code 16-11-136, under Senate Bill 432, Preempts Knife Regulation to The State of Georgia.

Therefore, Gwinnett County, as of July. 1, 2012, will NO LONGER be able to Regulate Knives in Their Parks either.

Their Current Ordinance DOES Regulate Knives, BUT, Effective July. 1, 2012, This Regulation will be: Invalid, Null, and Void.

The Law is Viewable here: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/...0112012/SB/432

aadvark

GCPD released the audio of the initial call earlier today -

http://www.youtube.com/v/IlUXUHgYn0g...6fmt%3D18&fs=1

Has anyone downloaded the case documents from PACER and is able to post them? I figured I would ask, before downloading them myself, to save document access costs....
    Last edited by Dogbait; 05-10-2012 at 11:35 PM.

The civil suit has been filed and as a public document will be posted.
    The statements of the three involved officers are available and will be posted in the next day or so.
    The security guard's statement is subject to discovery as charges have not been preferred/dropped.

Good luck. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Also can't wait to hear the recording of events that may or may not have been taken with the recorder you may or may not have been carrying at the time.

Ill be keeping an eye on this thread for updates.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Loved the "I'm not driving" response, can't wait to hear them backpedal when the recording shows them detaining without RAS in the first 5 seconds of the encounter.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    Loved the "I'm not driving" response, can't wait to hear them backpedal when the recording shows them detaining without RAS in the first 5 seconds of the encounter.
    Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    Grease, I am shocked and disappointed that you would rush to judgement about the conduct of a fine officer such as Adam Bell like that.
    It actually took a minute and twelve seconds to detain.

30m:00s Arrival of GCPD, elapsed time: 9m:37s
    CAP: Okay. Damn that guy’s got legs. (Referring to the arrival of an officer driving a police pickup truck with a bicycle on the back.
    Bell: I worked really hard for that.
    Bell: How’s everything
    Hanna: Pretty good, how are you doing?
    Cap: ‘Morning.
    (Voice on phone) “This is Sam.”
    Cap: Hey Sam, this is Chris. Is there a prohibition against legally carried firearms, um uh, in parks?
    Sam: We don’t, we don’t, Allow firearms in parks.
    Bell: (to Hanna) What’s going on?
    Hanna: (to Bell) He’s on the phone with parks staff…
    Cap: Is there a prohibition? Yes, in light of the court decision about two years ago, where all the parks lost that? Note: OCGA 16-11-173
    Sam (unintelligible, but mentions an “Andy”)
    Cap: Okay, What’s Andy’s last name, is it something weird?
    Sam: M(________)
    Cap: That’d be the weird name, yeah.
    Bell: Hey, sir, I need you to get off the phone, you can call them back.
    Cap: (to Sam) I’ve got to go, I’m being detained by Officer Bell.
    CAP: (To Bell) Am I being detained?
    Bell: Do you have any I.D. on you?
    CAP: Am I being detained?
    31m:12s … 1m:12s after contact by Ofc Bell
    Bell: What’s that? Yeah, you’re being detained. Do you have any ID on you?
    Cap: um, no. (A truthful and unequivocal answer. My driving license stays in the visor of my car where it’s always there since I have several times left home, late, without finding my wallet.)
    Bell: Come on over here. (Leads across the bridge to his vehicle) Wait by my patrol car.
    CAP: Certainly.
    CAP: Am I required to have identification on me, Officer Bell?
    32m:33s
    Bell: If you’re going to be carrying a gun in the open, yeah.

... At least that's my recollection of events, to the best of my recollection, that I recall, ... errrr.....
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 05-12-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Good suggestion, I bought an Olympus 8000 on the recommendation from a user in our state, and took string line (we use it all the time to make sure things are straight in construction) and made mine into a necklace I wear inside my shirt.
    Prior to getting an Android phone and downloading Cop Recorder II, I used a Sansa C250 MP3 player which is also an excellent voice recorder. One of its added benefits is that it's quite small. I hang it from a belt loop using a lanyard and a miniature carabiner. It looks just like a miniature MP3 player. I doubt most people would give any thought to it being a recorder.

Quote Originally Posted by WCrawford View Post
    Ya know....After reading some of the comments by Law Enforcement "Professionals" there; especially joe319, I am defiantly going to have to get a easily hidden recorder (have been eyeing one that looks like a cell phone Bluetooth ear piece) so many there are the "Papers! You vill show your identity papers" type it is scary.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    "so you're just assuming he's got a gun"... LOL
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 05-12-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    "so you're just assuming he's got a gun"... LOL
    It was a fairly safe assumtpion; after all, I was in public and I was wearing pants. A true gentleman doesn't go out in public half-dressed.

State Researcher
    Following the matter, and supporting you from afar...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobarino
    The attitudes are telling, troubling and disgusting. I used to buy the "few bad apples" theory.
    Now I assume they are the bad ones right off the bat.
    I used to believe in the FBA theory myself.
    Then I met someone who has been LEO of various flavors for many years, from working on the street through being chief of police & now working for HS. He told me that at least half of all the cops he knew fit the description of "bullied in grade school & never got over it".
    Those are the ones who abuse the powers they are lent to do their jobs. Add to them the ones who are afraid (for whatever reason) to stop those bullies, & instead of a few bad apples we now have a few good apples.
    It's sad.

From comments on the policeone.com article:
    "take the person aside and school them on proper etiquette towards an LE"
    Talk about attitude!

"LE's are trained to "persuade" contacts into ID and search consents"
    Finally, an admission.

"Why does it seem that everyone who open carries has to be an a**hole? If they were just calm, didn't film the whole thing, answer some simple identifying questions about who they are, they would be free to go."
    Why is it so many cops have to be jerks toward citizens? If they just followed the law, didn't infringe our rights, they wouldn't get sued.

"You can not tell if someone has a permit just by looking at him. That gives cause for the contact"
    Another one of those that hasn't read or understood the Constitution. Insert "going to church" for "carrying a pistol" & see how ludicrous it sounds.

"people like this that think because they have a permit, they are now above the law when it comes to cooperation with an investigation."
    People like this that think because they have a badge, they are now above the law.

"always treat an officer with the respect he deserves"
    Problem is, some officers who are jerks get upset when they get the respect they deserve.

There are a surprising number of commenters (who have to all be LEO) backing the citizen & others who carry, even OC: buzzard60, t11spanner, polfstsgt, 3102, grumpyolbuzzard.

"Law enforcement needs to ignore these people if your state has an open carry law. Don't even ask them for the time of day."

"Whether or not you agree with the individual's actions, he wasn't doing anything illegal. People are supposed to be able to go about their business, and the burden of proof is on law enforcement."

"The growing attitude among Badge toters is that the "peasants" need to kowtow before them or they "fail the attitude test" is why so many citizens do not like or trust police."
    (Where's the "applauding" smiley?)
    Last edited by MKEgal; 05-14-2012 at 02:41 PM.

While one person in a park may be "suspicious" it was apparent that close to a dozen openly armed citizens having a good lunch at Quizno's was just "another bunch of guys getting lunch." Booger King lost a hundred dollars or so and Quizno's retains the 'Best Lunch' crown.

Burger King discriminated against people based on nothing more than the way they were dressed.

Quiznos....mmmmm TOASTY!! - Didn't discriminate, had better food, and made money.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 05-15-2012 at 05:48 PM.

What did BK do? Did they ask you to leave when you arrived or did they have a sign posted? If they asked you to leave, had anybody placed their order prior to being asked to leave?

The guard at BK stopped the first person of the group that entered, and everyone politely waited while the manager was invited. He said that his rules (that BK is a franchise) were only concealed weapons could be allowed 'because of the clientele'. As no one wished to change their mode of dress, we went to Quizno's where an even better lunch was to be had.
    Never a more politely behaved bunch of desperadoes.

Burger King's new menu is thoroughly underwhelming anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    The guard at BK stopped the first person of the group that entered, and everyone politely waited while the manager was invited. He said that his rules (that BK is a franchise) were only concealed weapons could be allowed 'because of the clientele'. As no one wished to change their mode of dress, we went to Quizno's where an even better lunch was to be had.
    Never a more politely behaved bunch of desperadoes.
    Your BK has a guard?!? Is he armed?

Well, mine doesn't, but apparently the clientele at the Five Points MARTA station is a bit.... aww hell, then need security there, I guess.

I was on the left, so I don't know if he was armed or not, but I think he was. He also looked like they paid in cheeseburgers..and I'm hardly one to talk that way about others.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 05-15-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger
    The guard at BK ...
    ... only concealed weapons could be allowed 'because of the clientele'.
    So lemmie get this straight:
    they're worried about their customers being generally stupid & lawless,
    so they've hired a guard,
    & they're worried about their customers being stupid & lawless enough to attack someone openly carrying,
    so they only allow concealed carry?
    Not a place I'd want to be, armed or not.

Never a more politely behaved bunch of desperados.
    LOL!

Well I guess I wont be walking in that park anytime soon.
    But maybe I will see you around town sometime Falls
    Carrying isn't suppossed to feel comfortable...Its supposed to feel safe.

Your Story Made it on Armed American Radio!

Just wanted to let you know that this incident made it onto the 3rd hour of Armed American Radio this past week. It is on Itunes in the form of a podcast. The host, Mark Walters, completely supported you, and talked some smack about the mayor (who made some dumb comments about the case).

Here is a link to the audio on the AAR page.

http://armedamericanradio.org/aar-post-board/

I'm not even going to complain that they got the name mispronounced, no one ever gets it right the first time unless their Germanic.
    The family pronounces it Prōsh'er (as in "pro+sure" with a long O)
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 09-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast