• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big Dogs restaurant is an anti-firearm establishment

vegaspassat

Thank you guys for your responses and opinions. I don't post much on the other site because I have found that people over there are very close minded and opinionated. I completely understand what all of you are saying and when I do go for a drink if I plan on having more than 2 then I will leave the gun at home or in the car. When having a drink I always keep my situational awareness (as well as self awareness), and sit in a manner that my gun isn't exposed and isn't readily visible unless I were to stand, or if you were really looking for it.

ManInBlack

sit in a manner that my gun isn't exposed and isn't readily visible unless I were to stand, or if you were really looking for it.

Personally, I always try to sit with my back to a wall and facing the door. ;) If folks can see my gun while seated, so be it. They're going to see it when I stand up, anyway.

Your mileage may vary.

vegaspassat

When I sit at any restaurant/bar I make a mental headcount of the people in the place and where they are and find a seat that is in a corner and facing the door and where I won't draw too much attention to myself.

Lostlittlerobot

I don't go to big dogs, but been plenty of places and asked to leave, or told they don't allow firearms. Try to search for the threads on PT's pub. A few months back was asked to leave, people here on the forum rallied and sent letters to their management and it made them rethink their ways. They're now allowing firearms back, and even offer to host functions for open carry events. We had a dinner meetup there a ways back. They're a slightly bigger company, with more bars/restaurants, but the idea stands - if you get us information about this director of operations guy - like The Big Guy said before - many of us may write the company and let them know they can also count on losing our business.

Your one complaint doesn't matter much to a director guy who never actually interacts with customers...but when he starts to get a dozen or so letters in a week, it very well may change his tune. Sadly this thread got side tracked by 'what is or isn't brandishing' and now about to drink or not to drink.

Bottom line is, if a place like Big Dogs doesn't allow any form of carry - none of those conversations matter, cause none of us are even allowed there to begin with. If you want to PM me the guys email, or put it up here, I'll happily send them a letter.

(and if I missed their contact info, my bad...repeat it)

vegaspassat

I guess the biggest reason I started these threads isn't so much because I'm pissed about my rights and blah blah blah. I absolutely LOVE this restaurant. The food, the staff, the venue, and the beer. All of it is fan-freaking-tastic! I know it sounds funny, but I'm more hurt than anything. I was a regular for so long and now all of the sudden my money/presence isn't welcome? And I guess there is a small part of me that hopes it can be changed. Here is the contact information again

Big Dog's Hospitality Group
(Corporate Office)
4547 N. Rancho Drive, Suite A
Las Vegas, NV 89130
Office: (702) 368-3715
Fax: (702) 368-3723
Email: customerservice@bigdogsbrews.com

davidmcbeth

Banned
LOL, yeah, you're right. I would not hand my firearm over to anybody, unless I knew them and they were legally able to carry a firearm, and was 100% sure what they would do with it.

I would only hand over the bullets ... in the manner the item was designed to dispense them.

mp06011999

Petition?

Mine has been sent.

TBG

The guy who actually runs the Drafthouse on North Rancho is Robert Snyder (rsnyder@bdhginc.com). He is the company CFO, but acts in capacity as COO.
Robert Snyder, Chief Financial Officer
BIG DOG'S HOSPITALITY GROUP, INC.
(702)368-3715 ext. 104

Also, for what it's worth,
Tyrone is a manager there and honestly, about the "dimmest" one I have met. Not trying to be insulting. Some people just are not very bright and he is one of those. And he seems to be unaware of it. He is dim with confidence. A bad combination. I avoid him as much as possible because, quite honestly, I have found talking with/to him to be a wasted effort.
Dave, the bartender, has been there longer than anyone - about 15 years. He is very professional and quite likable. He is quite bright, hardly a minimum wage earner and yet obligated to do as his employer tells him.

Know that the rumor mill has it that Rob RUNS everything. And not necessarily to the employees' liking. I love the place. Go there all the time. I really hope they do not have an anti 2A policy.

I am new to this forum, but it seems that TBG is quite a fixture here. Hence why I am replying to your post. Big Guy, what do you think about an electronic petition that we can all sign on here and then forward to Rob? Like I said, I love the Drafthouse and cannot imagine not going there. I don't gamble, I drink beer. And Dave Otto (their brewmaster) makes the best beer I have ever had. :)

Thanks

The Big Guy

Big Guy, what do you think about an electronic petition that we can all sign on here and then forward to Rob? :)

Thanks

Nice to have you on board. I don't as a rule like petitions electronic or otherwise for something like this. The personal touch in my opinion is much more effective. Emails are ok but snail mail is far better. I think people are impressed that you took the time to write and send an old fashion letter. It takes effort and I think they take you much more seriously. When you boil it all down, anything is better than nothing. Just get and stay active.

TBG

vegaspassat

I think our only other option at this point would be writing more letters or to stage a sit-in or something. Personally I would love to get about 100 people to go CC and order food. Once their orders come out have everyone switch to OC and then ask if they would still like to do business or not.

Last edited:

mp06011999

Yea, I don't get that either. People know that you can get a CCW and be carrying concealed. So why is that when they can see the gun, as opposed to not seeing it, is it so scary? I don't get that. If I put my shirt over it then it suddenly goes away? What? Are people 6?

I honestly wanna play peek-a-boo with them. "See it? Ooh scary. But wait, now ya don't. Ooh, all safe again."

I'm sorry, but the absurdity of that whole thought process just makes me :banghead:

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I think our only other option at this point would be writing more letters or to stage a sit-in or something. Personally I would love to get about 100 people to go CC and order food. Once their orders come out have everyone switch to OC and then ask if they would still like to do business or not.

If I am asked to leave before I am COMPLETELY DONE with my meal, AND all my socializing, I will not be paying. Because that's what I pay for.

Merlin

If I am asked to leave before I am COMPLETELY DONE with my meal, AND all my socializing, I will not be paying. Because that's what I pay for.

Heh, that's funny.

"Are you absolutely certain that I am not welcome here? Well, if you insist."

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2