• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

River Falls visit

Tucker6900

Heading to River Falls this weekend for some business. Just curious as to the exacts of the Wisconsin carry laws. A few questions.

1) Is my Iowa Permit required to carry?

2) Open Carry?

3) If the anwer to #2 is yes, am I required to show permit if approached by LEO?

Thanks for the info. Im going to look through the page here and see what I can find. Thanks again!

Wolf1477

USA Carry shows WI recognizing your permit, so you should be good to go with concealed. You may want to check the Wi DoJ site to verify. There is no license to OC in WI.

protias

1) Not if you are OC, unless you are in a state park, public building, place that serves alcohol for consumption (bar/restaurant) or inside 1,000' of a magical GFZ.
2) Carry on! :banana:
3) See #1, if he persists, ask for statute it is that requires to show said permit/ID. Otherwise, say nothing and walk away. If you are being detained, don't talk to police. Read this thread too: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rrying-(OC)-In-WI-Here-s-what-you-should-know

Tucker6900

Thanks guys! I must say, I am excited to visit. Wisconsin will be the 32nd state I've been to. Anyone near river falls on Sunday are welcome to give me a shout. Ill be all by my lonesome while my wife gets her fitness certifications. If you feel like it pm me either a number and ill get hold of ya.

Tucker6900

Well, one day, one encounter.

Two officers from the RFPD approached my wife and i as we were sitting on main street eating ice cream. As they got close, I could see one of them staring at my sidearm. As it turns out , he was staring at the garbage under the bench. He asked if I would grab it for him and as i stood to pick it up, my ice cream fell off my cone and splattered on the ground.

Like I said.....Horrible!!

protias

Well, one day, one encounter.

Two officers from the RFPD approached my wife and i as we were sitting on main street eating ice cream. As they got close, I could see one of them staring at my sidearm. As it turns out , he was staring at the garbage under the bench. He asked if I would grab it for him and as i stood to pick it up, my ice cream fell off my cone and splattered on the ground.

Like I said.....Horrible!!

That sucks man. :( Don't let that experience give you a bad idea of WI.

Tucker6900

Well, all went great!

Had a great weekend in River Falls! What appeared to be a sleepy little town when I got there on Friday turned out to be a busy little community! No encounters, negative looks or treatment. I was even able to squeeze in the Avengers at the River Theater on sunday.

Thanks for all the hard work to get Wisconsin on the right track!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Well, all went great!

Had a great weekend in River Falls! What appeared to be a sleepy little town when I got there on Friday turned out to be a busy little community! No encounters, negative looks or treatment. I was even able to squeeze in the Avengers at the River Theater on sunday.

Thanks for all the hard work to get Wisconsin on the right track!
Glad you enjoyed yourself and exercised your rights! I live just a hoot and a holler away from Iowa so I get over there pretty often. Where do you suggest I get the best information on carrying in the Hawkeye state? :D

Tucker6900

Glad you enjoyed yourself and exercised your rights! I live just a hoot and a holler away from Iowa so I get over there pretty often. Where do you suggest I get the best information on carrying in the Hawkeye state? :D

Iowacarry.org is the best for information.

But as far as carry is concerned, Iowa code 724.28 is the word.

I plan on adding that info to the Iowa page here, just haven't gotten around to it yet.