Thread: You might not want to write that on the forum.....case in point

You might not want to write that on the forum.....case in point

So George Zimmerman out in Florida has now had comments from his 2005 MySpace account pulled up from the depths of the archival storage of the internet...and those comments may play a part in his upcomming trial.

A prime example of why we should never "spout off flippantly" in this (or any other) forum or social media. You never know when you're remarks may suddenly be used against you, even if taken out of context.

Here's the news story:

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read..._viewed&page=2
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

"It's not just speculation and innuendo. He has a history and a habit of profiling people," Crump said. "He thinks certain things about certain racial groups."
    zomg, that's so unusual!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    zomg, that's so unusual!!!

Maybe in his defense they can play an episode of Family Guy, or Futurama, or any of Russel Peters stand-up routines. If any of the judge, jury or prosecutor laugh then that evidence should get thrown out. ...cast the first stone etc...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

"It's not just speculation and innuendo. He has a history and a habit of profiling people," Crump said. "He thinks certain things about certain racial groups."

Yup, and Jesse Jackson does the same thing. Paraphrasing from memory he said "America has come a long way when I, a black man, hearing a group of young men behind me, turns and is relieved to see that they are white". Yup THE Jesse Jackson said that.... now wouldn't that be "thinking certain things about certain racial groups"???
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

I really didnt see anything that negative from his comments seven years ago.
    Either Im not brainwashed by the Mid-Stream media or Im missing something.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    I really didnt see anything that negative from his comments seven years ago.
    Either Im not brainwashed by the Mid-Stream media or Im missing something.
    +1

I would agree that anything we post on this or another forum could potentially come back to haunt us if we are involved in a justified self defense shooting.

I'm not convinced that Zimmerman's postings are pertinent to the main question of fact upon which a jury may deliberate. That question being - will the preponderance of any evidence introduced - support, or counter Zimmerman's claim of self defense.

Zimmerman has not been charged with the "crime" of racially profiling Martin. He is charged with the crime of murdering him.

Exclamation

Gosh, I wonder why he would ever think that?

In the United States in 2005, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten (statistically zero for the purposes of the study) black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.

Check out table 42. http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus05.pdf

I'm sure Stanley or Tawnos will be along presently to explain to us how this incredible disparity in the propensity to commit sexual assault is the result of the legacy of slavery and discrimination.

ETA: Also note that Hispanics are rolled into the "white" category in those fed.gov crime statistics.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 05-04-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    I'm sure Stanley or Tawnos will be along presently to explain to us how this incredible disparity in the propensity to commit sexual assault is the result of the legacy of slavery and discrimination.

ETA: Also note that Hispanics are rolled into the "white" category in those fed.gov crime statistics.
    Didn't you hear? It's because whites have "social capital" that blacks don't have. This allows them to hire better attorneys and so the statistis get skewed. It's also a main contributing factor for why 12% of the population makes up over 50% of the prison population.

Well at least that's the BS they're trying to foist on us in class. It's just another of the myriad "it's not your fault, it's society" arguments that are presented as incontrovertible "facts" by the "hire edumacashun" propaganda mills.
    Beretta92FSLady