• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You might not want to write that on the forum.....case in point

We-the-People

So George Zimmerman out in Florida has now had comments from his 2005 MySpace account pulled up from the depths of the archival storage of the internet...and those comments may play a part in his upcomming trial.

A prime example of why we should never "spout off flippantly" in this (or any other) forum or social media. You never know when you're remarks may suddenly be used against you, even if taken out of context.

Here's the news story:

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?ps=931&rip_id=%3CD9UGMO884%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=18921084&src=most_popular_viewed&page=2

PistolPackingMomma

"It's not just speculation and innuendo. He has a history and a habit of profiling people," Crump said. "He thinks certain things about certain racial groups."

zomg, that's so unusual!!!

:rolleyes:

Baked on Grease

zomg, that's so unusual!!!

:rolleyes:

Maybe in his defense they can play an episode of Family Guy, or Futurama, or any of Russel Peters stand-up routines. If any of the judge, jury or prosecutor laugh then that evidence should get thrown out. ...cast the first stone etc...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

We-the-People

"It's not just speculation and innuendo. He has a history and a habit of profiling people," Crump said. "He thinks certain things about certain racial groups."

Yup, and Jesse Jackson does the same thing. Paraphrasing from memory he said "America has come a long way when I, a black man, hearing a group of young men behind me, turns and is relieved to see that they are white". Yup THE Jesse Jackson said that.... now wouldn't that be "thinking certain things about certain racial groups"???

rushcreek2

I would agree that anything we post on this or another forum could potentially come back to haunt us if we are involved in a justified self defense shooting.

I'm not convinced that Zimmerman's postings are pertinent to the main question of fact upon which a jury may deliberate. That question being - will the preponderance of any evidence introduced - support, or counter Zimmerman's claim of self defense.

Zimmerman has not been charged with the "crime" of racially profiling Martin. He is charged with the crime of murdering him.

ManInBlack

Gosh, I wonder why he would ever think that?

In the United States in 2005, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten (statistically zero for the purposes of the study) black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.

Check out table 42. http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus05.pdf

I'm sure Stanley or Tawnos will be along presently to explain to us how this incredible disparity in the propensity to commit sexual assault is the result of the legacy of slavery and discrimination. :rolleyes:

ETA: Also note that Hispanics are rolled into the "white" category in those fed.gov crime statistics.

Last edited:

We-the-People

I'm sure Stanley or Tawnos will be along presently to explain to us how this incredible disparity in the propensity to commit sexual assault is the result of the legacy of slavery and discrimination. :rolleyes:

ETA: Also note that Hispanics are rolled into the "white" category in those fed.gov crime statistics.

Didn't you hear? It's because whites have "social capital" that blacks don't have. This allows them to hire better attorneys and so the statistis get skewed. It's also a main contributing factor for why 12% of the population makes up over 50% of the prison population.

Well at least that's the BS they're trying to foist on us in class. It's just another of the myriad "it's not your fault, it's society" arguments that are presented as incontrovertible "facts" by the "hire edumacashun" propaganda mills.