Thread: Sandy Police - Doing the right thing - WVCPD take notice

Sandy Police - Doing the right thing - WVCPD take notice

Well, the weather is warming up again, so it's no surprise that more of us are shedding our coats and exposing our guns more often. I'm posting to say that my hat goes off to the Sandy police for behaving EXACTLY like well-informed police should when somebody calls MWAG at the park playing tennis with his kids. (brings back memories of Centennial Park in WVC a couple of years ago).

Anyhow, I'll make this story short and simple, and that is the beauty of this as well. In essence, they came, they parked way off in the south east corner of the parking lot atop Flat Iron Mesa Park on Sunday afternoon and observed me from afar in their cars. They did not approach me. They did not question me. They did not harass or illegally detain me in violation of title 77-7-15, threaten my kids or shove ignorant and biased opinion down my throat. They did not call their buddies with AR-15s in for backup or any of the BS that the West Valley bacon did.

I finished up my time with my kids at the park without incident, and we left. This was the ideal LEO encounter, or rather non-encounter, and it was perfect. So, all you guys down there enforcing the law down in Sandy, you guys ROCK!!! Keep up the good work, and send Chief Nielsen and his band of thugs over in West Valley a manual on how to properly handle a call about MWAG. They could use a lesson out of your book.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Last edited by LovesHisXD45; 05-03-2012 at 06:08 AM.
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Centurion
    But there will be blood in the streets if we don't detain, investigate, infringe in an effort to make sure you're not a felon in possession!

Please read above with liberal helpings of sarcasm!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Congrats will have to reference this incident next time the West Valley causes a issue with a citizen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LovesHisXD45 View Post
    Anyhow, I'll make this story short and simple, and that is the beauty of this as well. In essence, they came, they parked way off in the south east corner of the parking lot atop Flat Iron Mesa Park on Sunday afternoon and observed me from afar in their cars. They did not approach me. They did not question me. They did not harass or illegally detain me in violation of title 77-7-15, threaten my kids or shove ignorant and biased opinion down my throat. They did not call their buddies with AR-15s in for backup or any of the BS that the West Valley bacon did.
    EXCELLENT!

This is exactly how reports of lawful behavior that make a sensitive sally vaguely uncomfortable should be handled. Observe, and hopefully lecture the sensitive sally on not abusing the 911 system.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Good Story - Happy Ending.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    But there will be blood in the streets if we don't detain, investigate, infringe in an effort to make sure you're not a felon in possession!
    By their very words, they prove their disdain for the rule of law and the Constitution, witness this tidbit from PoliceOne.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rb416 on Monday, May 07, 2012 07:40 AM
    You can not tell if someone has a permit just by looking at him. That gives cause for the contact from the officers responding to the call. I don't know about GA, but my permit from WA does not have my picture on it. So how would the officers know if he was the same person listed on the permit. Many people have said it here already. This ******* was looking to sue and knew exactly how he was going to get it done......

IMHO the 911 operator should have asked if the person with the gun in the park was doing anything with it, or was it just in a holster. If it was just in a holster, there is no problem, that is perfectly legal..and no tax payer funds should have been expended in checking out this perfectly legal holstered gun. That's how it works here.

But, until they get to that point, your Sandy PD does need a Kudu or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post

You'd love it in Colorado, where it's common place to infringe on the rights of the many in order to catch one or two cri-mi-nile folks.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

How many and for long?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    IMHO the 911 operator should have asked if the person with the gun in the park was doing anything with it, or was it just in a holster. If it was just in a holster, there is no problem, that is perfectly legal..and no tax payer funds should have been expended in checking out this perfectly legal holstered gun. That's how it works here.

But, until they get to that point, your Sandy PD does need a Kudu or two.
    I think this comes in under the "community policing" policies where basically any call is responded too, and if requested, the officers will contact the complainant and explain to them the resolution...

I think the whole thing is ridiculous, but that's at least my understanding of it...

And really, after all, the cops have every right to come look, just like anyone else has the right to watch you in a public place. For all you know it was a slow night and they were bored, hehe. Kudos for them for not taking it any further.
    Last edited by gobbly; 05-28-2012 at 01:39 AM.