Thread: Preppers around world. One in seven thinks end of world is coming, Reuters Ipsos poll

Herr Heckler Koch

Preppers around world. One in seven thinks end of world is coming, Reuters Ipsos poll

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8400XH20120501

Quote Originally Posted by Gottfried, Ipsos
    "Whether they think it will come to an end through the hands of God, or a natural disaster or a political event, whatever the reason, one in seven thinks the end of the world is coming," said Keren Gottfried, research manager at Ipsos Global Public Affairs which conducted the poll for Reuters.

[ ... ]

Gottfried also said that people with lower education or household income levels, as well as those under 35 years old, were more likely to believe in an apocalypse during their lifetime or in 2012, or have anxiety over the prospect.
    • 6% French,
    • 7% Belgian,
    • 8% British,
    • 22% American,
    • 22% Turk

• 6% French,
    • 7% Belgian,
    • 8% British,
    • 22% American,
    • 100% intelligent American
    • 22% Turk
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Politicians are the tyrants 3000 miles away; thug cops are 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. (Adapted from Benjamin Martin, fictional character extraordinaire)

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    • 6% French,
    • 7% Belgian,
    • 8% British,
    • 22% American,
    • 100% intelligent American
    • 22% Turk
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8400XH20120501

• 6% French,
    • 7% Belgian,
    • 8% British,
    • 22% American,
    • 22% Turk
    LOL I wonder what effect taking Leap Years into consideration will have on the Mayan Calender. After all, How many days would have to be subtracted from December 21st 2012 to compensate since the advent of Leap Years? I think we would already have perished.

I look at it this way.. if the world were to end tomorrow.. so be it.. it is not worth worrying about.. So, live each day to the best of your ability (as if it may be your last) and when you meet your maker you will have few if any regrets.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I will not Support WAC H&K USP .40

Herr Heckler Koch
    I believe that, like our Julian Day Numbering system, the Mayan Calendar system counted days and not years, obviating "leap years" due to our microscopically accurate Coordinated Universal Time. The correlation algorithm between the MC and UTC must account for our Leaps of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years.