• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preppers around world. One in seven thinks end of world is coming, Reuters Ipsos poll

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/01/us-mayancalendar-poll-idUSBRE8400XH20120501

Gottfried said:
"Whether they think it will come to an end through the hands of God, or a natural disaster or a political event, whatever the reason, one in seven thinks the end of the world is coming," said Keren Gottfried, research manager at Ipsos Global Public Affairs which conducted the poll for Reuters.

[ ... ]

Gottfried also said that people with lower education or household income levels, as well as those under 35 years old, were more likely to believe in an apocalypse during their lifetime or in 2012, or have anxiety over the prospect.

• 6% French,
  • 7% Belgian,
  • 8% British,
  • 22% American,
  • 22% Turk

LkWd_Don

LOL I wonder what effect taking Leap Years into consideration will have on the Mayan Calender. After all, How many days would have to be subtracted from December 21st 2012 to compensate since the advent of Leap Years? I think we would already have perished.

I look at it this way.. if the world were to end tomorrow.. so be it.. it is not worth worrying about.. So, live each day to the best of your ability (as if it may be your last) and when you meet your maker you will have few if any regrets.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I believe that, like our Julian Day Numbering system, the Mayan Calendar system counted days and not years, obviating "leap years" due to our microscopically accurate Coordinated Universal Time. The correlation algorithm between the MC and UTC must account for our Leaps of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years.