• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Sapulpa, Hope Ya'll Have Open Carry Passed!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I anticipate attending a competition in Sapulpa Oklahoma on May 28 and 29. We'll be staying overnight there.
I'm hoping you folks have open carry passed by then. Oklahoma has reciprocity with Colorado for CCW permits, so I'll carry regardless. But I surely would prefer to open carry as is customary for me in my home state now.

The question naturally arises as to how long after your governor signs new legislation into law would it take effect?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

hrdware

Howdy Folks!
I anticipate attending a competition in Sapulpa Oklahoma on May 28 and 29. We'll be staying overnight there.
I'm hoping you folks have open carry passed by then. Oklahoma has reciprocity with Colorado for CCW permits, so I'll carry regardless. But I surely would prefer to open carry as is customary for me in my home state now.

The question naturally arises as to how long after your governor signs new legislation into law would it take effect?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin, I hope your stay in OK is an enjoyable one. Once the law is signed, it will not go into effect until Nov 1.

Our lawmakers like to give about 6 months from laws being signed until the go into effect so people can prepare for whatever the new laws require.

M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin, I hope your stay in OK is an enjoyable one. Once the law is signed, it will not go into effect until Nov 1.

Our lawmakers like to give about 6 months from laws being signed until the go into effect so people can prepare for whatever the new laws require.

Howdy Hrdware!
Nuts! Guess this trip to Oklahoma will be a concealed carry affair. As Chicago Cub fans are apt to note.... "Maybe next year!"

I hope to meet up with some bounty hunters in OKC and Tulsa while out that way. But mostly I am looking forward to my competition events in Sapulpa. We've been travelling down for those these past 3 years and always enjoy ourselves in Sapulpa. I've met some terrific people there, and made some good friends out that way.

Likely should mention the competition I'm going to attend is the "40th Annual Indian Territory Treasure Hunt" and is all about competitive metal detecting. A bit of skill and a ton of luck is what works at those competitions, and I usually do pretty darn good!

Anyhow, thanks for the response to my question.
Sure do appreciate you taking time to reply.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin