• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCOTUS For President

stainless1911

Banned
I know he wont appoint a constitutionalist to SCOTUS. That isnt the point. He is 1,000 times more likely to appoint someone more towards the center than Obama, you know that as well as I, or anyone else. We know that Obama is going to go left, we are going for (once again), the lesser of two evils.

ManInBlack

We know that Obama is going to go left, we are going for (once again), the lesser of two evils.

Speak for yourself; I am going for the good. It's not my fault the rest of the country hasn't caught on yet.

Mitt Romney will restrict our rights in some way, shape, or form (not only on firearms). Obama is already doing so and will continue.

I refuse to be responsible for either.

stainless1911

Banned
lol, aint that the truth.

Trouble is, we have to vote Obama out, thats at the core of this election, no one matters this time around but him. The right is going to carelessly and irresponsibly vote him in by splitting our votes between several people who can't win.

Obama will win by a minority.

sudden valley gunner

If Paul drops out, my backup plan, as of right now, is Gary Johnson.

"FOR EVERY ROMNEY, THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE ROMNEY."

Me Too! I was even lucky enough to get a picture with Gary Johnson, and I was OC. He is a very likable guy in person and down to earth, had no problem just hanging out with us ordinary folks.

ManInBlack

lol, aint that the truth.

Trouble is, we have to vote Obama out, thats at the core of this election, no one matters this time around but him. The right is going to carelessly and irresponsibly vote him in by splitting our votes between several people who can't win.

Obama will win by a minority.

OK, what if Romney wins this time? By your logic, we'll have to support him in 2016, too, because he'll be the "lesser of two evils" compared to whichever disreputable leftist the Democrats come up with!

How does this help the state of things in the long term?

Last edited:

ManInBlack

In 2016, the republicans should be running someone to replace the centerist Mitt, and they should pick someone this year, and start planning and setting him up for election.

The last time an elected president lost his party's nomination was Democrat Franklin Pierce in 1856. The parties are even more centrally controlled, top-down organizations than they were in the past. Besides, if Mitt wins a close one in 2012, there is no way the Republican Party will dump a proven winner in 2016. It just won't happen.

So, since you know it won't happen, do you have any other good reasons to vote for Romney, with an eye toward fixing our country in 2016 and beyond?

PistolPackingMomma

I dont theink there IS a good reason to vote for Romney. Like I said, Im voting against, Obama.

The fault with your logic is that Romney will not beat Obama; only replace him. What good will that do us? Obama, or Obama lite?

If every person who said they "would vote for Ron Paul, but..." and left off the "but" part, then he could win by a landslide.

stainless1911

Banned
Obama lite, yes. Better than the hard stuff.

Obama is Left, when he gets re elected, he's got nothing to lose, that, is dangerous. Mitt is center, right sometimes, left sometimes, But I'll take an occasional left, center, right, than a hardline leftist with an agenda, nothing to lose, and nothing more to gain.

Last edited:

Dreamer

422860_2844535636430_1350553559_32219912_398545846_n.jpg

Jack House

I know. It really ierks me. :mad:

I want Ron Paul to win. No hesitation, no reservation. Fact is though, the republicans are, well, stupid.
They're not stupid, Paul is a threat to their way of life. They cannot abide that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

PistolPackingMomma

So vote for him.

or you can vote for Romney: "Vote for me, I've been on your side of the issue at least once!"

A liberal, conservative and independent walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hello Mitt."