• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCOTUS For President

scott58dh

Do NOT Waste Your Vote !

Do NOT WASTE your Vote !!!

Ron Paul = Ross Perot...

Considering Popular Vote ONLY,,, Ross Perot LOST (+/- a few votes,,, no need to get picky) the Vote for REPUBLICANS in Both Election years.

Electoral history of Ross Perot,,,

United States presidential election, 1992
Bill Clinton/Al Gore (D) - 44,909,806 (43.0%) and 370 electoral votes (32 states and D.C. carried)
George H. W. Bush/Dan Quayle (R) (Inc.) - 39,104,550 (37.4%) and 168 electoral votes (18 states carried)
Ross Perot/James Stockdale (I) - 19,743,821 (18.9%) and 0 electoral votes
Andre Marrou/Nancy Lord (L) - 290,087 (0.3%) and 0 electoral votes

United States presidential election, 1996
Bill Clinton/Al Gore (D) (Inc.) - 47,400,125 (49.2%) and 379 electoral votes (31 states and D.C. carried)
Bob Dole/Jack Kemp (R) - 39,198,755 (40.7%) and 159 electoral votes (19 states carried)
Ross Perot/Pat Choate (Ref.) - 8,085,402 (8.4%) and 0 electoral votes

(BOB DOLE ?!?! REALLY?!?! WHAT WERE THEY SMOKIN' ???)

Our Hands Are Tied, to SAVE SCOTUS, we're STUCK with Mr. ROMNEY,,, & THAT'S THE FACTS !!! :banghead:

()pen(arry

Our Hands Are Tied, to SAVE SCOTUS, we're STUCK with Mr. ROMNEY,,, & THAT'S THE FACTS !!!

It's amusing the way you pretend that there are two types of SC nominees, Good Guys and Bad Guys. I'm sure it makes life more comfortable. In the real world, Presidents like Romney nominate liberty-despising bastards like Scalia. Your twisted worldview precludes you from accepting this, but, unexpectedly, Kagan is more pro-liberty in many regards than Roberts or Alito.

The presumption that Romney is the lesser evil is borne of willful naïveté. Romney and Obama are identically evil. Thanks for putting them in power, over and over and over.

09jisaac

Scot, you do realize that it is this logic that keeps the evil (even the lesser of the evils) in office. To you doing what is right may be wrong, but it is never a waste. We won't ever be able to get our government back on track with your train of thought. You can shun what is right all you want, but I refuse to continue our current system of government.

I would MUCH rather Obama/Romney get elected this cycle and start fixing our system next than continue to elect based on the lesser of the two evils. Your thought process is lacking much thought and process.

Why do you even vote? Your "opinion" was already decided for you, and you follow along merrily. Largely without question or resistance. This is very little better than appointing a president, you only have the choice between two people that are largely the same. At least my school of thought allows me to vote for who I think best serves my wants.

scott58dh

In the real world...

It's amusing the way you pretend that there are two types of SC nominees, Good Guys and Bad Guys. I'm sure it makes life more comfortable. In the real world, Presidents like Romney nominate liberty-despising bastards like Scalia. Your twisted worldview precludes you from accepting this, but, unexpectedly, Kagan is more pro-liberty in many regards than Roberts or Alito.

The presumption that Romney is the lesser evil is borne of willful naïveté. Romney and Obama are identically evil. Thanks for putting them in power, over and over and over.

Originally Posted by scott58dh
Our Hands Are Tied, to SAVE SCOTUS, we're STUCK with Mr. ROMNEY,,, & THAT'S THE FACTS !!!

()pen(arry ,,,
"The presumption that Romney is the lesser evil is borne of willful naïveté. Romney and Obama are identically evil. Thanks for putting them in power, over and over and over."

09jisaac ,,,
"I would MUCH rather Obama/Romney get elected this cycle and start fixing our system next than continue to elect based on the lesser of the two evils. Your thought process is lacking much thought and process."

"In the real world",,, I'm just as displeased with our choices as You are.

Actually, both of you are wrong. The back room deals by those who Really are in Control = ***PUPPET MASTERS*** (Big Oil, Big Pharma, BIG CORRUPTION) already have the Election in THE Bag.

We are merely the PAWNS that HAVE to Shut-up, Drink the Kool-Aid & just take our PAYCHECKS home to the little ones for another day of being good boys & girls that play well with others.

So, until a Real Man comes along to SHAKE THINGS UP, we ARE Stuck In The Middle just Twiddling our Thumbs.

But don't Despair, it'll be sooner than you think.:question::exclaim:

sudden valley gunner

Automatically? You may be right on that point. But, 'The Fall of the Roman Empire', interesting read.

I would suggest reading this http://mises.org/preview/6034/Observations-on-the-Causes-of-the-Decline-of-Ancient-Civilization

currency manipulation, like we have in this country now is what may have lead to the fall of the Roman Empire, help install feudalism, and give us a thousand or so years of "dark ages". Yep another reason to vote for Ron Paul, we need to end the Fed.

Redbaron007

Obama lite, yes. Better than the hard stuff.

Obama is Left, when he gets re elected, he's got nothing to lose, that, is dangerous. Mitt is center, right sometimes, left sometimes, But I'll take an occasional left, center, right, than a hardline leftist with an agenda, nothing to lose, and nothing more to gain.

A non-vote works in Obama's favor.
A Ron Paul vote works in Obama's favor.
A Mitt Romney vote does not work in Obama's favor.

If the goal is to oust Obama....

During any election cycle, it is always the lessor of two evils that people vote for. It is after the fact you see their true colors. Throughout our political history, it has always been choosing the lessor of two evils. Politics is what it is, Politics. The argument here is the same one that has happened for years. Prior to internet forums, this conversation was conducted at work, church, the local coffee shop and family outings. Nothing new.

For anyone to predict what Romney will/won't do is sticking their finger up in the air to make a decision. To determine what Obama will do in a second term is in fantasy land, too.

What a person has to do is look at their TOTAL past and make a judgment call as to what THEY think the candidate will do in the future. Yeah, some will base it only on the TV news and ads; others will do detail research to reach their decision.

IMHO, I will support Romney. The biggest deciding factor me is the SCOTUS appointment opportunity. There is a better chance of fighting for a centrist/right judge with Romney, than with Obama. Plus, I don't see Romney, like Obama, being real radical the first term...Romney will want to keep the conservatives, cause if he doesn't, he has no prayer for 2016 thus giving the Democrats a real possibility to regain the POTUS.

The actual uncertainty is with Obama; he will be free to do what he pleasures...will he be more radical, IMHO, prolly. Is there a possibility of him staying the same or moving center, yep, although not a probability. During his time as POTUS, he seems to be more center than what he has said in the past. Subsequently, without having to run for re-election, I don't see him remaining. The question then begs, how bad can he get? I don't know and neither does anyone else, but my guess, it will be worse.

However, there is a higher probability Romney will stay centrist/right to protect his base, for the first term. Most of the Senators and House Reps will want to ride his coattails, too; so they too will want to remain favorable in the constituent’s eye.

So, I say all that to say, the safer bet is Romney, rather than Obama. JMHO.

ManInBlack

IMHO, I will support Romney. The biggest deciding factor me is the SCOTUS appointment opportunity. There is a better chance of fighting for a centrist/right judge with Romney, than with Obama. Plus, I don't see Romney, like Obama, being real radical the first term...Romney will want to keep the conservatives, cause if he doesn't, he has no prayer for 2016 thus giving the Democrats a real possibility to regain the POTUS.

Yeah, right! "Conservatives" like you will say that he is the lesser of two evils in 2016!

No modern party will turn its back on an incumbent president (aka proven winner in the horse race).

DangerClose

Do NOT WASTE your Vote !!!

Ron Paul = Ross Perot...

Perot could have taken votes away from the left as well as the right. If you look up his stances on various issues, he's a bit of a lefty (such as on guns).

People never like to give credit/blame for Bush1 losing due to his own actions. His backtracking on "Read My Lips, No New Taxes" was HUGE. That alone may have cost him the election.

Ron Paul would destroy Obama in the general election. But the GOP would rather Obama win than Paul win.

Romney will want to keep the conservatives, cause if he doesn't, he has no prayer for 2016 thus giving the Democrats a real possibility to regain the POTUS.
Which "conservatives" are those? The ones that raise the debt ceiling, the ones that can barely find 100 billion to cut despite automatic increases via Baseline Budgeting in effect, the ones who don't want you to be free enough to choose to gamble online or not, the ones who love the Patriot Act, NDAA indefinite detention, policing the world, unconstitutional wars, and Paul Ryan budgets that won't balance the budget until the year 2040? Those "conservatives"?

What happened the last time those "conservatives" had a Romney-like President? A couple wars, health care expansion, trillions more debt, TARP, bailouts, the decimation of civil rights.... Hell, Bush2 is probably more conservative overall than Romney, and still those things happened. There's a handful of real small-government people in there now thanks to 2010, but not enough.

Last edited:

DangerClose

Yeah, right! "Conservatives" like you will say that he is the lesser of two evils in 2016!

No modern party will turn its back on an incumbent president (aka proven winner in the horse race).

Four more years of Obama might be better than eight years of Romney.

The Republican Party deserves to lose this election for all the crap they've pulled and bs candidates they push for. Romney? Santorum? wtf. People make jokes saying Ron Paul should run as a Libertarian, well, Romney should run as a Democrat.

I'm not even adding in they deserve to lose for the CORRUPTION they are guilty of. Caucus Chairs ignoring the rules and doing whatever they want, people being forced to properly finish the caucus in the parking lot or do-over the whole thing... AND NOBODY CARES. Three GOP committee guys from St. Charles (2 this year, 1 in 2008) admitted on camera they purposely pushed their agenda and broke caucus rules... AND NOBODY CARES. Un-freakin-real.

When Democrats say the Republican Party is corrupt, believe them.

Problem is, Democrats deserve to lose too for their bs candidate. Where'd all those anti-war protests go anyway from when Bush was President? Do people not know Obama loves killing people with drones every day? And loves destroying your civil rights? And loves bailing out rich guys and big banks? Obama is President, so they conveniently ignore all that stuff.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Four more years of Obama might be better than eight years of Romney.

I totally agree. Any Republican, even as distasteful as Romney, will cause all of the faux conservatives, like the ones who inhabit this forum, to become complacent, and blind to the further degradation of their liberties, just as they did under the reign of George Bush the Younger.

sudden valley gunner

I totally agree. Any Republican, even as distasteful as Romney, will cause all of the faux conservatives, like the ones who inhabit this forum, to become complacent, and blind to the further degradation of their liberties, just as they did under the reign of George Bush the Younger.

They'll just blame us for not voting Romney. Say we lost the election for them.

Redbaron007

Face it Dangerclose and Meninblack your candidate sucked at being a winner, so did mine. But at least I'm looking at the bigger picture. For you to try to predict what is going to happen is foolish, at best. So to build a straw argument that Romney is the crown to be in 2016 is quit comical.

The cult followers, such as you, didnt/don't help your candidate. Don't blame everyone else for his unelectability, the followers do/did most of the damage. Keep crying. :crying:

Redbaron007

Executive Order - Promoting International Regulatory Cooperation

Intersting Executive order signed by Mr BO. There are some who say this is the beginning of his way to promote the small arms treaty in the US. Not sure I believe it; but it is an interesting EO. For you Romney haters, is this what you potentially want to deal with in another term with BO?

Whether you like it or not, it is the lessor of two evils. Ron Paul is out of the picture.

09jisaac

Intersting Executive order signed by Mr BO. There are some who say this is the beginning of his way to promote the small arms treaty in the US. Not sure I believe it; but it is an interesting EO. For you Romney haters, is this what you potentially want to deal with in another term with BO?

Whether you like it or not, it is the lessor of two evils. Ron Paul is out of the picture.

Ron Paul IS less evil of the three. If your only goal is to get Obama out of office, then why don't you vote for who you want in office? Paul would be highly electable if people would think about how our system was designed and out it should work. I always see/hear people supporting Paul's views then someone like you comes up and says that that he isn't electable. If we are able to vote, then whoever we want in office is electable.

beebobby

I will NEVER vote for a candidate who appeals to the KKK/Stormfront voters. I don't care what their platform is.

Redbaron007

Ron Paul IS less evil of the three. If your only goal is to get Obama out of office, then why don't you vote for who you want in office? Paul would be highly electable if people would think about how our system was designed and out it should work. I always see/hear people supporting Paul's views then someone like you comes up and says that that he isn't electable. If we are able to vote, then whoever we want in office is electable.

RP may be the lessor of the evils; but he is not in the picture now. The RP supporters/cult didn't help his electability. They attacked everyone who had different opinion, just like on these threads, which turned people away. He may have the best points, but the delivery killed him. I've tried to have face to face discussions with cult members, all they want to do is attack you when you attempt to discuss his points. Then those who don't think see RP as an extremist via news outlets. And you wonder why he can't get any traction?

PistolPackingMomma

The lesser of two evils is still EVIL.

Whether Ron Paul can win or not, he's still getting my vote. I reject the idea that I have to choose between what has already been decided for me.

It's quite liberating once you get off the hamster wheel. Try it sometime. ;)

Redbaron007

The lesser of two evils is still EVIL.

Whether Ron Paul can win or not, he's still getting my vote. I reject the idea that I have to choose between what has already been decided for me.

It's quite liberating once you get off the hamster wheel. Try it sometime. ;)

You are more than welcome to vote for who you feel should be POTUS.

When you are off the wheel, you are generally ineffective.