• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCOTUS For President

ManInBlack

Face it Dangerclose and Meninblack your candidate sucked at being a winner, so did mine. But at least I'm looking at the bigger picture. For you to try to predict what is going to happen is foolish, at best. So to build a straw argument that Romney is the crown to be in 2016 is quit comical.

The last elected incumbent president to lose his party's nomination for a second term was Franklin Pierce in the 1840s. Try living in the real world, for a change.

The cult followers, such as you, didnt/don't help your candidate. Don't blame everyone else for his unelectability, the followers do/did most of the damage. Keep crying. :crying:

Hmm...I would say that mainstream Republicans like you are the cultists, because you have allowed your leaders to banish any independent thoughts from your mind and to delude you into believing that you can do the same thing and expect different results.

ManInBlack

I will NEVER vote for a candidate who appeals to the KKK/Stormfront voters. I don't care what their platform is.

???

That's interesting, because before the last election, I read articles which quoted David Duke and the guy who runs Stormfront as saying that Obama being elected was a great thing, because it would radicalize white people.

Besides, it is a logical fallacy to discredit someone simply because a group of people whom he has no control over may be attracted to some of his views.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy#Guilt_by_association_as_an_ad_hominem_fallacy
[h=3]Guilt by association as an ad hominem fallacy[/h] Guilt by association can sometimes also be a type of ad hominem fallacy, if the argument attacks a person because of the similarity between the views of someone making an argument and other proponents of the argument.
This form of the argument is as follows:
A makes a claim of P's status.B also makes a claim of P's status.Therefore, P is guilty by association. [h=4]Examples[/h]
  • "My opponent for office just received an endorsement from the Puppy Haters Association. Is that the sort of person you would want to vote for?"
  • "Spaghetti and meatballs is a better Pasta than Alfredo. Do you know who used Spaghetti and meatballs? Bill Cosby!"

Redbaron007

The last elected incumbent president to lose his party's nomination for a second term was Franklin Pierce in the 1840s. Try living in the real world, for a change.

Hmm...I would say that mainstream Republicans like you are the cultists, because you have allowed your leaders to banish any independent thoughts from your mind and to delude you into believing that you can do the same thing and expect different results.

And your point is? Are you saying you have the ability to predict what is going to happen in 2016? You may think you know, but you don't.

And it maybe Romney is again the lessor of two evils...what's your point? It's politics, that's the reality.

CO-Joe

It's cause and effect. History shows that when these things are allowed to flourish in society, as God is shunned away, the nation ceases to be. The writing is on the wall here too.

This genuinely made me chortle. How many empires grew and fell before the Hebrew people existed, as a culture, to name their god (the one I assume you're talking about), no less come to understand his wishes? I wonder how many chicken-littles in these failed states felt their societies were in threat of collapse because they were not meeting their pagan god(s) standards... While on the same topic I also wonder how many cultures suffocated under the very sacrifices they felt the gods demanded.

Large civilizations generally cease to be because they fail to adapt to changing times. When you must grow at all cost, cost will begin to overwhelm. So, don't blame it on the intellectuals and the queers.

ManInBlack

And your point is? Are you saying you have the ability to predict what is going to happen in 2016? You may think you know, but you don't.

And it maybe Romney is again the lessor of two evils...what's your point? It's politics, that's the reality.

If Romney is elected this November, a Republican nomination battle simply will not happen in 2016. Period. End of story.

And it's all thanks to folks like you.

Redbaron007

If Romney is elected this November, a Republican nomination battle simply will not happen in 2016. Period. End of story.

And it's all thanks to folks like you.

Thanks for making my point earlier! Always someone elses point!

Typical koolaid drinker. :D

ManInBlack

Thanks for making my point earlier! Always someone elses point!

Yes, yes...when Romney is elected and faces no major opposition from within his party in 2016, it will be the fault of we who don't vote for him and are yelling our lungs out about Constitutionalism, conservatism, and the Second Amendment, and how Romney doesn't know the first thing about any of them.

Tell me more about how I falsely blame others... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

You are more than welcome to vote for who you feel should be POTUS.

When you are off the wheel, you are generally ineffective.

The wheel is only effective in increasing our tyranny, it's harder to justify that wheel the more of us who don't want group think and want our independence jump off that wheel.

Go ahead vote for Romney and when he wins and we continue down this horrible track, you can feel good that you gave the system it's illusion of consent.

j4l

The difference between obama and Romney is simple, with obama, we know what direction we are going, down.We've nearly hit rock bottom as it is. With Romney, at least there is the possibility to start back up again.

Another thing to consider in this whole train of logic:
If you vote to keep Obama in, and he wins a second term- things can get MUCH worse than they are. Why? because as a second-term, he has nothing to lose, nothing to worry about in terms of back-lash to his actions. He doesnt have to worry about getting re-elected again, because he cant, and that is far, far more dangerous than a 1st term, on ALL levels.
I really think he has held-back on a lot of things, out of fear of losing a second term. With that fear removed....

Another item to consider- If the people- thinking in "lesser of two potential evils" logic vote Obama in again, that merely sends a signal that he is somehow acceptable, in spite of things. Politicos, at that level, only see things in that light. When they even bother to see things. Saying anything other than HELL NO! to them, gives them the impression they can keep right on going.
Always vote-out incumbents, whenever possible.

DangerClose

The cult followers, such as you, didnt/don't help your candidate. Don't blame everyone else for his unelectability, the followers do/did most of the damage. Keep crying. :crying:

Yeah, statements like that really show how you're "the bigger man" as a supporter of Romney. :lol:

You call Paul supporters "cult members," yet that's the description that should be used for Romney supporters. How else to describe people who hate Obama's policies so much that they push to vote for a big-government guy who has similar policies instead of supporting a constitutionalist for small government with a record to prove it and a record of being honest. Here's your sign: Cult Member Zombies for Romney.

It's not hard for anyone to see if they look around how a lot of the Romney and/or anti-Paul crowd simply closes their ears and their mind to discussion. Ron Paul supporters don't have to hide from discussions of the issues because they know they are right and they know they have the Constitution on their side. The big-government neocon crowd refuses to look at history, refuses to look at the Constitution, and, quite simply, are a bunch of hypocrites.

"Oh, look at us, we say we're for small government and all that... watch how we rally against mandated health care... we don't trust the government to oversee our health care. And using the Commerce Clause for it doesn't make it legal. What's that? Using the Commerce Clause to ban drugs we don't like instead of letting states do it? NDAA indefinite detention? Murdering U.S. citizens without due process or transparency? Oh, we trust government for those just fine."

I'll use my favorite example: Paul Ryan of WI. He supports TARP, the Patriot Act, NDAA, banning online gambling, and he's soooo conservative that his vaunted budget plan that all the other neocons like wouldn't even balance the budget until the year 2040. That's not to eliminate the 15+ trillion dollar debt. No, that's just to balance the deficit. These people are for small government? These people are conservatives? They are fake conservatives.

DangerClose

I will NEVER vote for a candidate who appeals to the KKK/Stormfront voters. I don't care what their platform is.

Despite the fact that Ron Paul is the candidate that most supports Israel being its own sovereign nation? When Israel bombed Iraq, Ron Paul was one of the only people in Congress and in the United Nations to not chastise them for doing what they thought was right to protect themselves. And ending ALL foreign aid may mean Israel doesn't get a couple billion, but it also means Israel's enemies won't get 4x or 5x that amount.

I bet the KKK likes Romney over Obama. So, now what?

Redbaron007

The wheel is only effective in increasing our tyranny, it's harder to justify that wheel the more of us who don't want group think and want our independence jump off that wheel.

Go ahead vote for Romney and when he wins and we continue down this horrible track, you can feel good that you gave the system it's illusion of consent.

And you can continue to blame others for your candidates failure. He isn't electable on a national scale.

Yeah, statements like that really show how you're "the bigger man" as a supporter of Romney. :lol:

You call Paul supporters "cult members," yet that's the description that should be used for Romney supporters. How else to describe people who hate Obama's policies so much that they push to vote for a big-government guy who has similar policies instead of supporting a constitutionalist for small government with a record to prove it and a record of being honest. Here's your sign: Cult Member Zombies for Romney.

It's not hard for anyone to see if they look around how a lot of the Romney and/or anti-Paul crowd simply closes their ears and their mind to discussion. Ron Paul supporters don't have to hide from discussions of the issues because they know they are right and they know they have the Constitution on their side. The big-government neocon crowd refuses to look at history, refuses to look at the Constitution, and, quite simply, are a bunch of hypocrites.

"Oh, look at us, we say we're for small government and all that... watch how we rally against mandated health care... we don't trust the government to oversee our health care. And using the Commerce Clause for it doesn't make it legal. What's that? Using the Commerce Clause to ban drugs we don't like instead of letting states do it? NDAA indefinite detention? Murdering U.S. citizens without due process or transparency? Oh, we trust government for those just fine."

I'll use my favorite example: Paul Ryan of WI. He supports TARP, the Patriot Act, NDAA, banning online gambling, and he's soooo conservative that his vaunted budget plan that all the other neocons like wouldn't even balance the budget until the year 2040. That's not to eliminate the 15+ trillion dollar debt. No, that's just to balance the deficit. These people are for small government? These people are conservatives? They are fake conservatives.

There is no perfect candidate...RP is a politician just like Obama, Romney, etc. He will tell people what they want to hear to get elected. He has preached this to his locals and hoped it would resonate country wide, it didn't. He isn't a god like many paulbots like to believe. Just like any politician, what he campaigns on may not what he gets done in office....it's called politics. If RP were to be elected as POTUS, I would be willing to bet, very little if any of his 'plans' would be implemented and congress would push through what they want, very similar to Romney.

If the paulbots want to execute change, it has to start from the ground up; local, state and elections for the house/senate. Those guys need to know, they are the ones, who have a better chance of effecting change, to listen to the people. Thinking RP getting elected will correct the ills of the country is fantasy land while doing LSD.

Unfortunately, you didn't read my prior posts about Romney; he wasn't my candidate. My guy lost, just like yours did; however, I have decided to push for the larger picture, as much as I don't agree with all of Romney's policies. The main goal is to remove Obama from office. Many think they know what he will do if re-elected, therefore, feel like they can go with a known quantity; but the fact is, one doesn't, and he is a radical leftist, just look at his writings and such. BO has remained centrist left, except Obamacare, more than likely he will veer more left. Do they know what Romney will do? Nope, but as stated earlier, he will be campaigning for office as soon as he is sworn in, like all prior presidents have.

It doesn't make any sense to....how someone that can support RP; but then be p1ss3d off because he didn't win, blame everyone for not voting for their candidate; and then want to support the candidate they were trying to defeat, who is complete opposite of their original candidate? It supports a theory a friend of mine has....they are basically Obama supporters, disguised as RP folks. :D

ManInBlack

And you can continue to blame others for your candidates failure. He isn't electable on a national scale.

Do you have a crystal ball? He never ran on a national scale; only in corrupt Republican party primaries. Using Republican primaries/caucuses, in which less than 10% of registered party members participate, as a barometer of national support, is foolish.

There is no perfect candidate...RP is a politician just like Obama, Romney, etc. He will tell people what they want to hear to get elected.

Apparently not - he could have said the things that every other candidate said, but that would have made him no different from Obomney. Ron Paul spoke to the Constitutional, logical, moral position, something that apparently doesn't count for anything anymore.

He has preached this to his locals and hoped it would resonate country wide, it didn't. He isn't a god like many paulbots like to believe. Just like any politiian, what he campaigns on may not what he gets done in office....it's called politics. If RP were to be elected as POTUS, I would be willing to bet, very little if any of his 'plans' would be implemented and congress would push through what they want, very similar to Romney.

Except that Ron Paul's platform is totally different from Romney's. If 100% of Romney's platform were enacted, we would have status quo. If only 10% of RP's was adopted, change would be radical.

There are plenty of things the president can do without approval of Congress, like withdrawing from unconstitutional wars (all of them) tomorrow, stopping the federal persecution of non-violent drug offenders, stopping domestic spying on American citizens, etc., etc., etc.,

If the paulbots want to execute change, it has to start from the ground up; local, state and elections for the house/senate. Those guys need to know, they are the ones, who have a better chance of effecting change, to listen to the people. Thinking RP getting elected will correct the ills of the country is fantasy land while doing LSD.

I would wager that RP supporters are way more active at the state and local level than typical Republicans. Unfortunately, there's plenty of shortsighted a-holes, like you, at all levels of politics.

Unfortunately, you didn't read my prior posts about Romney; he wasn't my candidate. My guy lost, just like yours did; however, I have decided to push for the larger picture, as much as I don't agree with all of Romney's policies.

Whichever one of the laughable mainstream Republican candidates you supported was substantially similar to Romney in all important policy areas.

The main goal is to remove Obama from office. Many think they know what he will do if re-elected, therefore, feel like they can go with a known quantity; but the fact is, one doesn't, and he is a radical leftist, just look at his writings and such. BO has remained centrist left, except Obamacare, more than likely he will veer more left. Do they know what Romney will do? Nope, but as stated earlier, he will be campaigning for office as soon as he is sworn in, like all prior presidents have.

My main goal is to fix my country. If Romney is elected, he will do whatever he wants because so-called "conservatives," like you, will not hold him accountable. You will just breathe a sigh of relief that "the Marxist" is out of the White House, and stick your head back in the sand (after dislodging it from your ass). Remember how much bullcrap Bush pushed through in his first term? And this was a so-called Republican!

Not only that, but you and those like you will be rabid Romney supporters come 2016. No thanks; I'd rather see you all learn a hard lesson.

It doesn't make any sense to....how someone that can support RP; but then be p1ss3d off because he didn't win, blame everyone for not voting for their candidate; and then want to support the candidate they were trying to defeat, who is complete opposite of their original candidate? It supports a theory a friend of mine has....they are basically Obama supporters, disguised as RP folks. :D

Some of us are opting out of the two-party horse race. You should try thinking for yourself sometime. It's really not as scary they have made you believe.

DangerClose

Sounds like your friend isn't good at understanding politics.

If someone starts supporting a candidate they were trying to defeat, who is the complete opposite of their original candidate, and that makes them "basically Obama supporters," what does that make the people who from the start support a candidate who is very similar to Obama without even having tried to support the candidate who is the opposite of both of them?

I think the term we might be looking for on that one is "big-government fake conservatives."

Redbaron007

Do you have a crystal ball? He never ran on a national scale; only in corrupt Republican party primaries. Using Republican primaries/caucuses, in which less than 10% of registered party members participate, as a barometer of national support, is foolish.

How many times has he ran for president? Isn't this the 3rd/4th time? He has tried as a libertarian, now as a Repub. Bottom line.....his comments don't resonate on a national scale. Why, who knows. But from my experience, the newsmedia didn't help, but neither does his followers, such as yourself. Calling people names because they don't support your guy doesn't work very well, regardless of your candidates stance on issues. Thats life.

Apparently not - he could have said the things that every other candidate said, but that would have made him no different from Obomney. Ron Paul spoke to the Constitutional, logical, moral position, something that apparently doesn't count for anything anymore..

If he spoke to them, as you say, why didn't they follow? Appareantly your thoughts are, if they don't think in your terms, they are wrong. Convincing yourself you and the RP followers are the only ones right, is in itself a falacy.

Except that Ron Paul's platform is totally different from Romney's. If 100% of Romney's platform were enacted, we would have status quo. If only 10% of RP's was adopted, change would be radical.

There are plenty of things the president can do without approval of Congress, like withdrawing from unconstitutional wars (all of them) tomorrow, stopping the federal persecution of non-violent drug offenders, stopping domestic spying on American citizens, etc., etc., etc.,.

There are many things the POTUS can do, in theory, but won't/don't; they have 4 years to work with others...it's called politics. RP's platform may be different, but in politics, like it or not, you have to sell it....which is something the paulbots can't and don't do. They basically crucify anyone who asks questions and attack the other candidates. If you can't sell it, no one will buy it. Look, AMC was able to sell the Gremlin, albeit, a short term.

I would wager that RP supporters are way more active at the state and local level than typical Republicans. Unfortunately, there's plenty of shortsighted a-holes, like you, at all levels of politics.

It's anecdotal, but not in my area. The RP supporters have only been active in the POTUS election...they are only seen every 4 years. Remember, using profanity in reasonable discussions to describe someone generally invalidates your argument. However, it exemplifies many of the RP supporters I’ve interacted with.

Whichever one of the laughable mainstream Republican candidates you supported was substantially similar to Romney in all important policy areas.

You continue to make my previous point above. Thank you!

My main goal is to fix my country. If Romney is elected, he will do whatever he wants because so-called "conservatives," like you, will not hold him accountable. You will just breathe a sigh of relief that "the Marxist" is out of the White House, and stick your head back in the sand (after dislodging it from your ass). Remember how much bullcrap Bush pushed through in his first term? And this was a so-called Republican!

Not only that, but you and those like you will be rabid Romney supporters come 2016. No thanks; I'd rather see you all learn a hard lesson.

Some of us are opting out of the two-party horse race. You should try thinking for yourself sometime. It's really not as scary they have made you believe.

I'd like to fix 'our' country, it's not 'your' country, too. To teach us a hard lesson, you would have an even more leftist run the country, just so 'you' can have 'your' way? See the consistant trend.....'your way'; again demonstrates the lack of effective campaigning.

Actually, I think quite a bit. Just not like 'you'. To be honest, we prolly have similar opinions in various areas, except RP. If RP had made in to the running, I would have voted for him too, despite his followers. :)

Keep your chin up.

Redbaron007

Sounds like your friend isn't good at understanding politics.

If someone starts supporting a candidate they were trying to defeat, who is the complete opposite of their original candidate, and that makes them "basically Obama supporters," what does that make the people who from the start support a candidate who is very similar to Obama without even having tried to support the candidate who is the opposite of both of them?

I think the term we might be looking for on that one is "big-government fake conservatives."

Actually, my friend is very involved in politics and has very good working knowledge. They have served in several campaigns, some successful, some not.

I'm supporting the candidate that removes Obama, as stated earlier, Romney wasn't my initial candidate. For the RP supporters to want the diametrically opposite from their losing candidate to win, isn't logical. There is a candidate who is closer to your candidate, but you refuse to support them because they are not your candidate...again defies logic.

Good luck in the future.

PistolPackingMomma

Actually, my friend is very involved in politics and has very good working knowledge. They have served in several campaigns, some successful, some not.

I'm supporting the candidate that removes Obama, as stated earlier, Romney wasn't my initial candidate. For the RP supporters to want the diametrically opposite from their losing candidate to win, isn't logical. There is a candidate who is closer to your candidate, but you refuse to support them because they are not your candidate...again defies logic.

Good luck in the future.

Pray tell, who would that be?

ManInBlack

How many times has he ran for president? Isn't this the 3rd/4th time? He has tried as a libertarian, now as a Repub. Bottom line.....his comments don't resonate on a national scale. Why, who knows. But from my experience, the newsmedia didn't help, but neither does his followers, such as yourself. Calling people names because they don't support your guy doesn't work very well, regardless of your candidates stance on issues. Thats life.

Your perspective is foolish. That's a statement of fact, not name-calling.

If he spoke to them, as you say, why didn't they follow? Appareantly your thoughts are, if they don't think in your terms, they are wrong. Convincing yourself you and the RP followers are the only ones right, is in itself a falacy.

Because spineless cowards like you don't care about the Constitution, logic, or morality, only "winning." And yes, if you don't think in those terms, you are wrong.

There are many things the POTUS can do, in theory, but won't/don't; they have 4 years to work with others...it's called politics. RP's platform may be different, but in politics, like it or not, you have to sell it....which is something the paulbots can't and don't do. They basically crucify anyone who asks questions and attack the other candidates. If you can't sell it, no one will buy it. Look, AMC was able to sell the Gremlin, albeit, a short term.

Again, the president does not have to "sell" withdrawing the troops or stopping unconstitutional executive branch actions; he simply issues an order. Your failure to understand basic civics is disappointing, but not surprising.

Ron Paul doesn't play politics, which is why he can't win over people like you. But hey, just go listen to some more Hannity and Limbaugh; they'll make it all better.

It's anecdotal, but not in my area. The RP supporters have only been active in the POTUS election...they are only seen every 4 years. Remember, using profanity in reasonable discussions to describe someone generally invalidates your argument. However, it exemplifies many of the RP supporters I’ve interacted with.

Considering that your experience is limited to mainstream, RINO politics, I'm not surprised at your lack of awareness. And you can kiss my ass; again, it's not name-calling if it's the God's-honest truth.

I'd like to fix 'our' country, it's not 'your' country, too. To teach us a hard lesson, you would have an even more leftist run the country, just so 'you' can have 'your' way? See the consistant trend.....'your way'; again demonstrates the lack of effective campaigning.

You, and those who think(?) like you, have given the country away, while I and others fight to preserve it. No, it is most certainly not your country. The campaign is effectively over thanks to numbskulls like you.

Actually, I think quite a bit. Just not like 'you'. To be honest, we prolly have similar opinions in various areas, except RP. If RP had made in to the running, I would have voted for him too, despite his followers. :)

Keep your chin up.

So, you admit that you are a spineless floozie, with no deeply-held principles, who will vote for any Republican, no matter what? Exactly as I suspected.

ManInBlack

I'm supporting the candidate that removes Obama, as stated earlier, Romney wasn't my initial candidate. For the RP supporters to want the diametrically opposite from their losing candidate to win, isn't logical.

None of us want Obomney to win. Only you do.