• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Structure and Elements of a Disinformation Campaign-leveraged to support gun cont

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012...nd_elements_of_a_disinformation_campaign.html
Instead, the Trayvon campaign will be leveraged to support other objectives, such as:
  • Promoting gun control
  • Weakening self-defense laws
  • Expanding hate crime and hate speech laws
  • Supporting reparations and other forms of special treatment for blacks
  • Energizing leftist political activism during an election year
  • Justifying and encouraging black-on-white violence, civil unrest, and riots
The principle process is the Narrative Fallacy - a narrative cannot be falsified.

Ruby

WOW! All I can say is Wow. But then this type of disinformation has been around for a long time. Just another reason that I don't watch TV. This is the result (one of them) of 40 or 50 years of persistent yet subtle brain washing of the American people. So subtle that people don't even notice or question. The people who do this know exactly what they are doing; appealing to emotions usually gets the desired results quickly. Appealing to the intellect takes more time. I have said for a very long time that we have a shortage of people with critical thinking ability in this country and I still beleive it's true. God help us and this country!

Thank you for posting this, I hope others will read it also.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Thank you very much. You are very much kinder than some other correspondents here on OCDO.
Strategy

Social science research offers some useful insights into how people typically make decisions:
  • Reasoning is only a small part of forming opinions or judgments
  • Judgments are often based on inadequate information
  • Early and negative information has a disproportionally heavy impact
  • Anecdotal, easy-to-remember information is also overly weighted

Therefore, disinformation campaigns use simple, powerful, negative, emotional arguments that tell a story. Since people resist changing their minds about emotionally loaded topics, the media campaign has to ramp up quickly, before the facts have a chance to catch up to the narrative.
These insights are the stuff of Bayesian Analysis that we can use to our benefit, jurors in the court of public opinion.

Ruby

I'll tell you who is responsible for Trayvon's death: his parents. Where were they when he was suspended from school 3 times, when he was caught with drugs, when he was caught with a bag full of women's jewelry??? They didn't pull the trigger, but they put him in a likely posititon for that to happen. If they had done something about their son's behavior, maybe he would still be alive. If it hadn't been George Zimmerman, it eventually would have been someone else. But of course it's so much easier to blame someone else, especially someone of a different race, than to take responsibility yourself.

This is just one example of one of the things that is wrong with todays society. I don't have children mind you, but I was and am my parents child. My parents and grandparents whole focus was us kids. We didn't get away with anything. They were not distracted, as a lot of today's parents are, by everything that came along. We didn't get into much trouble because we knew we would be punished, either with corporeal punishment or losing priviledges. We ate meals together, did things together, etc. There was not the everyone going their separate ways that I see today. Our parents knew where we were all the time and we had better be home by curfew or we could forget abput social priviledges for a while. I'll give you and example. Last week while I was at work at Lowe's I had a woman at my counter with a baby in arms and a two year old. I t turned out that she wanted to go get something else and she told the two year old to stay there and she would be right back. I was aghast! She was going to leave one of the most precious things in her life to me, a stranger that she had never seen before! I told her that I could not be responsible for her child and to take him with her. This is what I am talking about! What's wrong with people????

Alright, I'll get off my soapbox now.

ManInBlack

The media pretended that Zimmerman was white for several days and then coined the new term "white Hispanic" purely to prop up the organizers' argument that whites as a group were to blame for Martin's death. More than any other aspect of their coverage, this tactic shows the depth of the media's commitment to the disinformation campaign.

This is a great point. When have you ever heard the term "white Hispanic" other than in this story and federal government crime statistics (where all Hispanics are rolled into the "white" category to artificially increase the crime rate of whites relative to other groups)? I have never heard an actual person describe himself as a "white Hispanic." What does that even mean? A Spaniard, or someone living in the Americas descended from pure Spanish stock, would simply be "white" or "European."

OC for ME

,snip> ...and she told the two year old to stay there and she would be right back. I was aghast! She was going to leave one of the most precious things in her life to me, a stranger that she had never seen before! I told her that I could not be responsible for her child and to take him with her. <snip>
How do you know she has never seen you before. A store employee, on the clock, has some level of unwarranted trust by the average citizen in that store, rightly or wrongly. Just as the average citizen believes that all LEOs are good decent public servants, even when presented with facts to the contrary.

Finally, you would not be responsible, watch over, the child if she had just left the child there over your objections? Is this a typical response when you encounter a young child who appears to not be accompanied by a 'parent'? There is no right or wrong answer here. I'm just asking a question.

William Fisher

This is a great point. When have you ever heard the term "white Hispanic" other than in this story and federal government crime statistics (where all Hispanics are rolled into the "white" category to artificially increase the crime rate of whites relative to other groups)? I have never heard an actual person describe himself as a "white Hispanic." What does that even mean? A Spaniard, or someone living in the Americas descended from pure Spanish stock, would simply be "white" or "European."

What about that college student that took heat (no punn intended) for discribing himself as a White African American when the class was told to discribe themselves?

WOD

Divide And Conquer at it's most powerful level. These people are highly skilled, and know how to push buttons, and pull heart strings. You can see how well they've played us, just by trying to have a political discussion with someone who doesn't agree with you. Things tend to get heated, for no apparent reason, just look at a ManInBlack and Beretta exchange on this forum. Really, we need to remove the emotional attachments to ideas, in order to discuss them. More times than not, discussions break down, because either side views a differing opinion on an issue, as an attack on their very soul!

All of the market strategies, done by ad agencies today, have enlisted the aid of psychologists, behavioral scientists, and sociologists, since the 1950's. In essence, 60 years of studies crafting a methodology, to enslave us to their will, at their will. No Joke! They don't need to use Subliminal Messaging, as it was originally presented (and subsequently deemed not legal!), thy found that they can achieve the same results without it. All they had to do was identify, what people will identify with, and use imagery instead of texts, symbolism. We trusted our Moms, and so do they .... to sell us things .... insecurity, fear, guilt, shame, all at an economical and affordable price!

Ruby

How do you know she has never seen you before. A store employee, on the clock, has some level of unwarranted trust by the average citizen in that store, rightly or wrongly. Just as the average citizen believes that all LEOs are good decent public servants, even when presented with facts to the contrary.

Finally, you would not be responsible, watch over, the child if she had just left the child there over your objections? Is this a typical response when you encounter a young child who appears to not be accompanied by a 'parent'? There is no right or wrong answer here. I'm just asking a question.

You know what I meant when I said she had never seen me before. It's a figure of speech. We do not need to split hairs here.

No, I would not be responsible for her child, I would call my supervisor and let her handle it. As an employee of Lowe's, I CANNOT do that; if I did I would be making Lowe's liable for the child's safety and well being. I would also probably be looking for another job. So you see, there is a real legal position to consider and as an employee, I have to take that into consideration. Babysitting a child is not part of my job there and cannot be. You have side tracked my post and are trying to make me look cold hearted, which I am not. My point was the unthinking irresponsibility of the parent by just walking off and leaving her child, placing her responsibility on someone else. Lowe's cares very much about their customers' children; when one gets lost in the store they pull out all the stops to find that child.

A few years ago I worked in a children's toy store in Southcenter Mall. One evening I noticed that there were a couple of children playing at the Thomas Train table, with no adult anywhere in sight. They had been there quite some time. When I asked where their parents were, one of them said that Dad was at the phone store. I called mall security and told them about it, where upon they came and got the children (2), took them to Dad, and told him to NEVER do that again or he would be getting a ticket from the police. Technically, it's child abandonment. My boss used to get really angry when parents did that, we were not there to babysit, we were there to work.

I think I have explained this enough and I will not continue to discuss it.

Ruby

My apologies to Herr Heckler Koch and the other posters on this thread for getting the thread off topic. My intentions were to attempt to put the blame where it belongs; actions or the lack thereof always have consequences, as we all know. I can't even discuss this case at work, that's how emotional everyone is about it, thanks to the media. And thank all of you for your patience.

OC for ME

<snip> As an employee of Lowe's, I CANNOT do that; if I did I would be making Lowe's liable for the child's safety and well being. I would also probably be looking for another job. <snip>
Lowe's is responsible/liable for that child's safety and the safety of every customer who enters one of their stores.