Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: oc in other states

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27

    oc in other states

    Which of the states that honor ga permit are oc states? Loaded? Unloaded?
    And how to go about being able to carry in sc oc/cc legally?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Out of luck in SC, they do not recognize the GWL as there is no training requirement.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Out of luck in SC, they do not recognize the GWL as there is no training requirement.
    Woudnt i be able to get another states non residents licence that is honored by sc?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    "...South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina..." HandgunLaw.us
    Looks like they thought of that little workaround

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    "...South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina..." HandgunLaw.us
    Looks like they thought of that little workaround
    just my luck oh well now to see about which states i can oc in and which ones i have to cc in thanks for your help in that matter

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    589
    TN honors all facially valid permits.

    Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by WCrawford View Post
    TN honors all facially valid permits.

    Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
    but is tn open carry state or do i have to conceal it do i have to let leo know im packing if pulled over i have the list of the 26 or so states that honor ga permit. In ga i do both oc as well as cc and havent really carried out of state due to so many dif gun laws but looking to carry in south eastern states

  8. #8
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Since your asking for a lot of information, its probably best you take a look at the links I describe below.

    Check out the OC.org map. You can click on any state on the map in the link below to learn about the OC situation in that state. If you don't know already, in a lot of states you don't need any sort of permit to carry a handgun openly:

    http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

    Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. You can click on a state to learn about the laws there:

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/

    The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit from and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

    http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Since your asking for a lot of information, its probably best you take a look at the links I describe below.

    Check out the OC.org map. You can click on any state on the map in the link below to learn about the OC situation in that state. If you don't know already, in a lot of states you don't need any sort of permit to carry a handgun openly:

    http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

    Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. you can click on a state to learn about there laws:

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/

    The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

    http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/
    thank you will most definately check them out that was what i was looking for i have no problem researching the answers if i know where to look

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA, ,
    Posts
    8,903
    If you can traverse the Carolinas, you can come to Virginia and OC without worrying about any paperwork. We even get by with "sterile OC" - no government-issued identity document on the person.

    There's a short list of places you can't carry and the only place I can think of off-hand that requires you to have a government permission slip while OCing is the General Assembly Building/Capitol Square and the House of Delegates chamber. (Senate does not allow anybody to carry in their playroom, regardless of what paperwork you might be packing.)

    Come on up! Help keep Virginia green - bring money! Let us know when and where you will be and we'll try to set up an OC meet/greet/eat.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    If you can traverse the Carolinas, you can come to Virginia and OC without worrying about any paperwork. We even get by with "sterile OC" - no government-issued identity document on the person.

    There's a short list of places you can't carry and the only place I can think of off-hand that requires you to have a government permission slip while OCing is the General Assembly Building/Capitol Square and the House of Delegates chamber. (Senate does not allow anybody to carry in their playroom, regardless of what paperwork you might be packing.)

    Come on up! Help keep Virginia green - bring money! Let us know when and where you will be and we'll try to set up an OC meet/greet/eat.

    stay safe.
    be carefull skidmark i might take you up on that. Even though i dont get to richmond very much i do go up there ocassionaly

  12. #12
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,343
    WA does not recognize GA, but then you can OC without a license, OR does not recognize GA, but you can OC there to without a license, except your license for GA will be honored, OC without a license is the same for ID, MT, NV. Unloaded OC? I thought that was a California exclusive?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Phoenix David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    508
    Arizona honors all states permits. More to the point if you are over the age of 21 and legally able to posses a firearm you can carry it concealed or open carry with out a permit (there are some restrictions such as places that serve booze)
    Nobody ever wishes that they had brought a smaller gun to a gun fight.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Since your asking for a lot of information, its probably best you take a look at the links I describe below.

    Check out the OC.org map. You can click on any state on the map in the link below to learn about the OC situation in that state. If you don't know already, in a lot of states you don't need any sort of permit to carry a handgun openly:

    http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

    Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. You can click on a state to learn about the laws there:

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/

    The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit from and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

    http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/
    Thanks this was very helpfull

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    WA does not recognize GA, but then you can OC without a license, OR does not recognize GA, but you can OC there to without a license, except your license for GA will be honored, OC without a license is the same for ID, MT, NV. Unloaded OC? I thought that was a California exclusive?
    It was cali when they allowed open carry but even with out a firearm i try to stay away from cali if at all possiblle

  16. #16
    Regular Member Kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    WA does not recognize GA, but then you can OC without a license, OR does not recognize GA, but you can OC there to without a license, except your license for GA will be honored, OC without a license is the same for ID, MT, NV. Unloaded OC? I thought that was a California exclusive?
    There are some cities in OR that legally prohibit loaded OC for non-permit holders.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Bought a taurus 24/7 9mm. First 50 rds. through no problems decent grouping but could be better.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by copper top View Post
    Bought a taurus 24/7 9mm. First 50 rds. through no problems decent grouping but could be better.
    This is my EDC gun. Six years and a couple thousand rounds through it and not a single issue at all.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    This is my EDC gun. Six years and a couple thousand rounds through it and not a single issue at all.
    That is great to hear. I looked at reviews of it and no one seemed to say anything too bad about it. Do you cc with it if so what holster do you use i have a cheap neoprene iwb holster but dont like the fact of no retention on it. For oc i have a serpa for it. With a slight mod to it where it dont extend past the gun now.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by copper top View Post
    That is great to hear. I looked at reviews of it and no one seemed to say anything too bad about it. Do you cc with it if so what holster do you use i have a cheap neoprene iwb holster but dont like the fact of no retention on it. For oc i have a serpa for it. With a slight mod to it where it dont extend past the gun now.
    I CCed the first 6 days after I got my first permit in TN in a custom leather iwb rig. I have OCed exclusively since. If I must CC now I usually carry in a secure off body rig. I did use an Uncle Mike's Ambi for a while and it was fine. I now OC in an iTac retention paddle holster.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Help with the term loaded as in cfr49.156 f (i believe) saying it is illeagle to transport a loaded firearm does it mean i can have a loaded mag just not bullet chambered? Argh all this research has my head twisted in so many ways

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    §
    Quote Originally Posted by copper top View Post
    Help with the term loaded as in cfr49.156 f (i believe) saying it is illeagle to transport a loaded firearm does it mean i can have a loaded mag just not bullet chambered? Argh all this research has my head twisted in so many ways
    49 cfr § 173.54 (f) is what i read apologies for my mistake

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    warner robins
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by copper top View Post
    §

    49 cfr § 173.54 (f) is what i read apologies for my mistake
    As per dot in atlanta that rule has to do with a load of firearms may not be loaded. Not personal firearms in personal transportation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •