Thread: oc in other states

oc in other states

Which of the states that honor ga permit are oc states? Loaded? Unloaded?
    And how to go about being able to carry in sc oc/cc legally?

Out of luck in SC, they do not recognize the GWL as there is no training requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Out of luck in SC, they do not recognize the GWL as there is no training requirement.
    Woudnt i be able to get another states non residents licence that is honored by sc?

"...South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina..." HandgunLaw.us
    Looks like they thought of that little workaround

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    "...South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina..." HandgunLaw.us
    Looks like they thought of that little workaround
    just my luck oh well now to see about which states i can oc in and which ones i have to cc in thanks for your help in that matter

TN honors all facially valid permits.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by WCrawford View Post
    TN honors all facially valid permits.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
    but is tn open carry state or do i have to conceal it do i have to let leo know im packing if pulled over i have the list of the 26 or so states that honor ga permit. In ga i do both oc as well as cc and havent really carried out of state due to so many dif gun laws but looking to carry in south eastern states

Since your asking for a lot of information, its probably best you take a look at the links I describe below.

Check out the OC.org map. You can click on any state on the map in the link below to learn about the OC situation in that state. If you don't know already, in a lot of states you don't need any sort of permit to carry a handgun openly:

http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. You can click on a state to learn about the laws there:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit from and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Since your asking for a lot of information, its probably best you take a look at the links I describe below.

Check out the OC.org map. You can click on any state on the map in the link below to learn about the OC situation in that state. If you don't know already, in a lot of states you don't need any sort of permit to carry a handgun openly:

Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. you can click on a state to learn about there laws:

The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

thank you will most definately check them out that was what i was looking for i have no problem researching the answers if i know where to look

If you can traverse the Carolinas, you can come to Virginia and OC without worrying about any paperwork. We even get by with "sterile OC" - no government-issued identity document on the person.

There's a short list of places you can't carry and the only place I can think of off-hand that requires you to have a government permission slip while OCing is the General Assembly Building/Capitol Square and the House of Delegates chamber. (Senate does not allow anybody to carry in their playroom, regardless of what paperwork you might be packing.)

Come on up! Help keep Virginia green - bring money! Let us know when and where you will be and we'll try to set up an OC meet/greet/eat.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    If you can traverse the Carolinas, you can come to Virginia and OC without worrying about any paperwork. We even get by with "sterile OC" - no government-issued identity document on the person.

There's a short list of places you can't carry and the only place I can think of off-hand that requires you to have a government permission slip while OCing is the General Assembly Building/Capitol Square and the House of Delegates chamber. (Senate does not allow anybody to carry in their playroom, regardless of what paperwork you might be packing.)

Come on up! Help keep Virginia green - bring money! Let us know when and where you will be and we'll try to set up an OC meet/greet/eat.

stay safe.
    be carefull skidmark i might take you up on that. Even though i dont get to richmond very much i do go up there ocassionaly

WA does not recognize GA, but then you can OC without a license, OR does not recognize GA, but you can OC there to without a license, except your license for GA will be honored, OC without a license is the same for ID, MT, NV. Unloaded OC? I thought that was a California exclusive?

Arizona honors all states permits. More to the point if you are over the age of 21 and legally able to posses a firearm you can carry it concealed or open carry with out a permit (there are some restrictions such as places that serve booze)
    Nobody ever wishes that they had brought a smaller gun to a gun fight.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post

Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. You can click on a state to learn about the laws there:

The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit from and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

Thanks this was very helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    WA does not recognize GA, but then you can OC without a license, OR does not recognize GA, but you can OC there to without a license, except your license for GA will be honored, OC without a license is the same for ID, MT, NV. Unloaded OC? I thought that was a California exclusive?
    It was cali when they allowed open carry but even with out a firearm i try to stay away from cali if at all possiblle

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    There are some cities in OR that legally prohibit loaded OC for non-permit holders.

Bought a taurus 24/7 9mm. First 50 rds. through no problems decent grouping but could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by copper top View Post
    Bought a taurus 24/7 9mm. First 50 rds. through no problems decent grouping but could be better.
    This is my EDC gun. Six years and a couple thousand rounds through it and not a single issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    This is my EDC gun. Six years and a couple thousand rounds through it and not a single issue at all.
    That is great to hear. I looked at reviews of it and no one seemed to say anything too bad about it. Do you cc with it if so what holster do you use i have a cheap neoprene iwb holster but dont like the fact of no retention on it. For oc i have a serpa for it. With a slight mod to it where it dont extend past the gun now.

That is great to hear. I looked at reviews of it and no one seemed to say anything too bad about it. Do you cc with it if so what holster do you use i have a cheap neoprene iwb holster but dont like the fact of no retention on it. For oc i have a serpa for it. With a slight mod to it where it dont extend past the gun now.
    I CCed the first 6 days after I got my first permit in TN in a custom leather iwb rig. I have OCed exclusively since. If I must CC now I usually carry in a secure off body rig. I did use an Uncle Mike's Ambi for a while and it was fine. I now OC in an iTac retention paddle holster.

Help with the term loaded as in cfr49.156 f (i believe) saying it is illeagle to transport a loaded firearm does it mean i can have a loaded mag just not bullet chambered? Argh all this research has my head twisted in so many ways

§
    Help with the term loaded as in cfr49.156 f (i believe) saying it is illeagle to transport a loaded firearm does it mean i can have a loaded mag just not bullet chambered? Argh all this research has my head twisted in so many ways
    49 cfr § 173.54 (f) is what i read apologies for my mistake

§

49 cfr § 173.54 (f) is what i read apologies for my mistake
    As per dot in atlanta that rule has to do with a load of firearms may not be loaded. Not personal firearms in personal transportation.