• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc in other states

copper top

Which of the states that honor ga permit are oc states? Loaded? Unloaded?
And how to go about being able to carry in sc oc/cc legally?

copper top

"...South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina..." HandgunLaw.us
Looks like they thought of that little workaround :(

just my luck :( oh well now to see about which states i can oc in and which ones i have to cc in thanks for your help in that matter

copper top

TN honors all facially valid permits.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
but is tn open carry state or do i have to conceal it do i have to let leo know im packing if pulled over i have the list of the 26 or so states that honor ga permit. In ga i do both oc as well as cc and havent really carried out of state due to so many dif gun laws but looking to carry in south eastern states

carsontech

Activist Member
Since your asking for a lot of information, its probably best you take a look at the links I describe below.

Check out the OC.org map. You can click on any state on the map in the link below to learn about the OC situation in that state. If you don't know already, in a lot of states you don't need any sort of permit to carry a handgun openly:

http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. You can click on a state to learn about the laws there:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit from and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/

Last edited:

copper top

Since your asking for a lot of information, its probably best you take a look at the links I describe below.

Check out the OC.org map. You can click on any state on the map in the link below to learn about the OC situation in that state. If you don't know already, in a lot of states you don't need any sort of permit to carry a handgun openly:

Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. you can click on a state to learn about there laws:

The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

thank you will most definately check them out that was what i was looking for i have no problem researching the answers if i know where to look

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you can traverse the Carolinas, you can come to Virginia and OC without worrying about any paperwork. We even get by with "sterile OC" - no government-issued identity document on the person.

There's a short list of places you can't carry and the only place I can think of off-hand that requires you to have a government permission slip while OCing is the General Assembly Building/Capitol Square and the House of Delegates chamber. (Senate does not allow anybody to carry in their playroom, regardless of what paperwork you might be packing.)

Come on up! Help keep Virginia green - bring money! Let us know when and where you will be and we'll try to set up an OC meet/greet/eat.

stay safe.

copper top

If you can traverse the Carolinas, you can come to Virginia and OC without worrying about any paperwork. We even get by with "sterile OC" - no government-issued identity document on the person.

There's a short list of places you can't carry and the only place I can think of off-hand that requires you to have a government permission slip while OCing is the General Assembly Building/Capitol Square and the House of Delegates chamber. (Senate does not allow anybody to carry in their playroom, regardless of what paperwork you might be packing.)

Come on up! Help keep Virginia green - bring money! Let us know when and where you will be and we'll try to set up an OC meet/greet/eat.

stay safe.
be carefull skidmark i might take you up on that. Even though i dont get to richmond very much i do go up there ocassionaly

hermannr

WA does not recognize GA, but then you can OC without a license, OR does not recognize GA, but you can OC there to without a license, except your license for GA will be honored, OC without a license is the same for ID, MT, NV. Unloaded OC? I thought that was a California exclusive?

Phoenix David

Arizona honors all states permits. More to the point if you are over the age of 21 and legally able to posses a firearm you can carry it concealed or open carry with out a permit (there are some restrictions such as places that serve booze)

copper top

Handgunlaws.us goes into a bit more detail. You can click on a state to learn about the laws there:

The PackNGo trip planer has good information on CC and OC. Just slect a state you have your permit from and click "Continue...", then click on all the states you want to know about and click "Continue..." again:

Thanks this was very helpfull :lol:

copper top

WA does not recognize GA, but then you can OC without a license, OR does not recognize GA, but you can OC there to without a license, except your license for GA will be honored, OC without a license is the same for ID, MT, NV. Unloaded OC? I thought that was a California exclusive?
It was cali when they allowed open carry but even with out a firearm i try to stay away from cali if at all possiblle

Kingfish

There are some cities in OR that legally prohibit loaded OC for non-permit holders.

copper top

This is my EDC gun. Six years and a couple thousand rounds through it and not a single issue at all.

That is great to hear. I looked at reviews of it and no one seemed to say anything too bad about it. Do you cc with it if so what holster do you use i have a cheap neoprene iwb holster but dont like the fact of no retention on it. For oc i have a serpa for it. With a slight mod to it where it dont extend past the gun now.

Kingfish

That is great to hear. I looked at reviews of it and no one seemed to say anything too bad about it. Do you cc with it if so what holster do you use i have a cheap neoprene iwb holster but dont like the fact of no retention on it. For oc i have a serpa for it. With a slight mod to it where it dont extend past the gun now.
I CCed the first 6 days after I got my first permit in TN in a custom leather iwb rig. I have OCed exclusively since. If I must CC now I usually carry in a secure off body rig. I did use an Uncle Mike's Ambi for a while and it was fine. I now OC in an iTac retention paddle holster.