Thread: not sure if i was arrested, will i get denied?

not sure if i was arrested, will i get denied?

Hey all,

New to the forums and there is some great information here. I just submitted my paperwork yesterday, but I'm trying to ease my mind. I ran three different background checks on myself and all I could find was illegal operation of mv without insurance (had a fender bender with an insurance lapse) which I listed on the application under convictions. For the arrested question I wasn't sure, so I marked yes and briefly tried to list as much information as I had from a possible arrest in 1999. A someone tried to say I stole their kitchen table, but the judge threw it out. I could have sworn I was finger printed, but there is no record that I can find. To be safe from seeming to be hiding anything I listed what I could. The odds seem like this would get me denied for not being specific enough though there was no conviction?

I've been arrested. Doesn't mean a damn thing. Police arrest all kinds of people for both legal and illegal things.

You should have no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

I figured it was better to be honest even if I didn't have all the info (crossing fingers)

You should be fine.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I can help you out. I go to all the firearms board hearings and learned a lot about how backgrounds are dealt with at the firearms board (and how it works into the process). It may be handled in a peculiar manner, but if it is, you should still be fine at the BFPE.

my email is jonathan at ctgunsafety.com

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    You should be fine.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I can help you out. I go to all the firearms board hearings and learned a lot about how backgrounds are dealt with at the firearms board (and how it works into the process). It may be handled in a peculiar manner, but if it is, you should still be fine at the BFPE.

my email is jonathan at ctgunsafety.com

Jonathan
    Wow, you guys are great here thank you. I'll look forward to being a part of this great forum!