• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not sure if i was arrested, will i get denied?

HWilliams

Hey all,

New to the forums and there is some great information here. I just submitted my paperwork yesterday, but I'm trying to ease my mind. I ran three different background checks on myself and all I could find was illegal operation of mv without insurance (had a fender bender with an insurance lapse) which I listed on the application under convictions. For the arrested question I wasn't sure, so I marked yes and briefly tried to list as much information as I had from a possible arrest in 1999. A someone tried to say I stole their kitchen table, but the judge threw it out. I could have sworn I was finger printed, but there is no record that I can find. To be safe from seeming to be hiding anything I listed what I could. The odds seem like this would get me denied for not being specific enough though there was no conviction?

VW_Factor

I've been arrested. Doesn't mean a damn thing. Police arrest all kinds of people for both legal and illegal things.

You should have no worries.

KIX

You should be fine.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I can help you out. I go to all the firearms board hearings and learned a lot about how backgrounds are dealt with at the firearms board (and how it works into the process). It may be handled in a peculiar manner, but if it is, you should still be fine at the BFPE.

my email is jonathan at ctgunsafety.com

Jonathan

HWilliams

You should be fine.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I can help you out. I go to all the firearms board hearings and learned a lot about how backgrounds are dealt with at the firearms board (and how it works into the process). It may be handled in a peculiar manner, but if it is, you should still be fine at the BFPE.

my email is jonathan at ctgunsafety.com

Jonathan

Wow, you guys are great here thank you. I'll look forward to being a part of this great forum!