Thread: Working at the hospital

High Point, NC

Working at the hospital

I know I can't carry into the hospital where I work, but I was wondering if I could leave my gun locked in a container in my car without it breaking the law because the parking lot is still owned by the hospital and it is a educational hospital at that. I think it might be ok, based off this
    Section 25. G.S. 120-32.1No rule adopted under this section shall prohibit the transportation or storage of a firearm in a closed compartment or container within a person's locked vehicle or in a locked container securely affixed to a person's vehicle. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a legislator or legislative employee who parks a vehicle in a State-owned parking space that is leased or assigned to that legislator or legislative employee may transport a firearm to the
    parking space and store that firearm in the vehicle parked in the parking space, provided that: (i) the firearm is in a closed compartment or container within the legislator's or legislative employee's locked vehicle, or (ii) the firearm is in a locked container securely affixed to the legislator or legislative employee's vehicle.
    The M4...serving scum the laws of terminal ballistics at 2,900FPS

State Researcher
    Lebanon, VA
    G.S. 14‑269.2 could be problematic for you.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Hickory, NC, ,
    Best option is off site parking to stay legal. I don't believe the statute you quoted applies at all to educational property.