• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Working at the hospital

11B2O

I know I can't carry into the hospital where I work, but I was wondering if I could leave my gun locked in a container in my car without it breaking the law because the parking lot is still owned by the hospital and it is a educational hospital at that. I think it might be ok, based off this
Section 25. G.S. 120-32.1No rule adopted under this section shall prohibit the transportation or storage of a firearm in a closed compartment or container within a person's locked vehicle or in a locked container securely affixed to a person's vehicle. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a legislator or legislative employee who parks a vehicle in a State-owned parking space that is leased or assigned to that legislator or legislative employee may transport a firearm to the
parking space and store that firearm in the vehicle parked in the parking space, provided that: (i) the firearm is in a closed compartment or container within the legislator's or legislative employee's locked vehicle, or (ii) the firearm is in a locked container securely affixed to the legislator or legislative employee's vehicle.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2011/Bills/House/PDF/H650v5.pdf

chiefjason

Best option is off site parking to stay legal. I don't believe the statute you quoted applies at all to educational property.