• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry One In The Chamber- Store Clerk Hits Mag Release When Racking Slide Shootout

Jake8x7

Activist Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GW8L2dabUo&feature=related

Store clerk draws his handgun during a botched robbery...and hits the mag release while racking the slide. Luckily the robbers can't shoot well either.

This is one of the reasons why it's so important to carry with a round in the chamber...when your adrenaline is rushing, the more fine motor actions you need to do, the more chance of messing up.

Jake8x7

Last edited:

zack991

I guess he figured that the robber would stop everything he was doing to allow him to rack his slide. The clerk is a complete idiot.

Last edited:

FishHunter911

Can't fix stupid and common sense is something you are born with or without... obviously, he missed the day it was handed out.

Jack House

No one else notice how he seemed to be blindly shooting over the isle. Shooting where there was another victim of the robbery?

That's the first thing that stood out to be me.

This video might be good to show my friends that freak out whenever they find out I carry with one I the pipe.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GW8L2dabUo&feature=related

Store clerk draws his handgun during a botched robbery...and hits the mag release while racking the slide. Luckily the robbers can't shoot well either.

This is one of the reasons why it's so important to carry with a round in the chamber...when your adrenaline is rushing, the more fine motor actions you need to do, the more chance of messing up.

Jake8x7

This is absolutely so true. The less you have to do from pulling the weapon to pulling the trigger the better off you are. All of my carry guns are "pull and pull". No external safeties, always in full battery, and ready to do their part.

MyWifeSaidYes

This is not only a good video for carrying one in the pipe, it's also good for:

1.) showing that you will get hit with adrenaline

2.) showing that you need to practice with your weapon

3.) showing that you need an extra magazine - so you don't have to scoot along the floor chasing the one you dropped

4.) showing that you should practice various scenarios - why did he grapple with the bad guy?

5.) showing the guy that survived things that were done 'wrong'.