• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article about me in The Northern Light

jessecain1

Interesting that people think that Blaine cops are a problem. I've lived here for fifteen years, never had a single problem with them. I ride a Harley, wear a patch on my back, OC to city council meetings and walks around town, never a single incident.

I'd drop the whole issue. Her letter is incoherent and no one will be convinced by it anyway.

Let me rephrase what i said, as it came off that i have an issue with the department as a whole. there is one officer who has a history of false arrest, false statements on reports and taking underage girls drinking... sorry for the hijack to the o.p

sudden valley gunner

Let me rephrase what i said, as it came off that i have an issue with the department as a whole. there is one officer who has a history of false arrest, false statements on reports and taking underage girls drinking... sorry for the hijack to the o.p

I'd be interested in knowing about this officer . If he hasn't done it OC related this may not be the place for it. But I will publicly name officers when bad behavior is done, that way when someone else has a problem they can google the name and see related issues. PD's are not known for being forthright with reports. If you are interested PM me or come to Bakerview Starbucks tomorrow.

ncwabbit

Samatha, a query, while IANA, since you purposely sought out this individual's addy through means 'normal' ppl might not have access to, i wonder if sending them anything could be construded as stalking?

wabbit

ps: best of luck on finishing your transition in a timely fashion and getting your documents changed over as that will be an important milestone in your life.

rapgood

Samatha, a query, while IANA, since you purposely sought out this individual's addy through means 'normal' ppl might not have access to, i wonder if sending them anything could be construded as stalking?

wabbit
Nope. An actor must "intentionally and repeatedly harass or repeatedly follow another person" before the actions are considered to be stalking. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9a.46.110
The operative phrase being "repeatedly."

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
A brief reply about how many legally carry concealed firearms might be good. And the national and statewide statistics that support why. Then imply that only an ignoramus pees their pants because of the mere sight of a legally carried sidearm outside of law enforcement.

If you are not a member of the NRA, you can question this person's assumptions and show her to be nothing more than a fear-mongering repeater for blind statism. Then, you can join the NRA, and thank her for helping you to see that (despite its many faults) it is a powerful organization that helps protect the rights of all Americans as our oldest civil rights protection organization.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
The officers knew all about open carry and respected my right to open carry. They didn't ask for ID and said they have been trained on open carry and fully support it. They asked me if I had any felonies or anything else that would prohibit me from owning a firearm so I handed over my ID because I really didn't care if they ran my information. My ID still has my old name and the wrong gender marker since I just started to transition less than six months ago and haven't received my "walking papers" from my counselor so that is why the police report said I was male.

I found the address of the woman who wrote the letter using some resources I had from my process serving business so I'm thinking about sending her one of the OC pamphlets.

Bad idea contacting her, she is anti gun and likely this will only generate another encounter. The less noise on her little post the less notice it will gather.