• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Mexico Restores Arizona CCW Reciprocity

gvaldeg1

There has been a lot of confusion and angst about New Mexico dropping recognition of the Arizona CCW (along with 10 other states). Fortunately Gov. Susana Martinez reacted to the tsunami or firestorm of emails and had the New Mexico DPS restore those reciprocities and recognitions. As of May 1, 2012 this is the reciprocity list:

http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/reciprocity-agreements/

Gov. Martinez is an NRA member and made perfect scores on the live fire portion on the NM CCW permit test with the 45 auto and 38 revolver. I hope that this allays a lot of the consternation that has resulted from this. My son and daughter-in-law live in New Mexico and I travel there often. I have both Arizona and Utah CCW permits.