• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want a Glock 30. Should I?

Levi

Now, my darling wife has spent THAT money and is working on my future earnings, as well. :banghead:

Trying to match up availability of money with availability of gun is proving to be tricky!

That's why I keep a separate account.

swinokur

Activist Member
Originally Posted by davidmcbeth I am not personally in love with Glocks ... many PDs are actually getting away from them

Maryland State Police have started a transition to Glock from Beretta. Can you provide a cite for your post?

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

Even if a few departments are moving to something else, I doubt it would qualify as 'many'.

Change is normal...and often political.

j4l

Even if a few departments are moving to something else, I doubt it would qualify as 'many'.

Change is normal...and often political.

And, as often as not (in terms of issued-equipment) has more to do with budgets, lowest-bids, etc, than anything specific to any brand,make, etc.

WalkingWolf

I have never owned a glock, but now that reports are coming out of glocks attacking their owners and blowing off certain appendages I know now I have made the right choice... :banana: :monkey

waterfowl woody

nothing new. glock leg has been around for a long time due to the trigger needing to be pulled to field strip the weapon. All of those issues come down to a ND, here is a tip for glock owners.......UNLOAD YOUR GUN BEFORE CLEANING IT!

I own many glocks and never had any issues, reliable and takes abuse. On the other hand I carry a M&P now, but will never give up any of my glocks.

LoneEchoWolf

nothing new. glock leg has been around for a long time due to the trigger needing to be pulled to field strip the weapon. All of those issues come down to a ND, here is a tip for glock owners.......UNLOAD YOUR GUN BEFORE CLEANING IT!

I own many glocks and never had any issues, reliable and takes abuse. On the other hand I carry a M&P now, but will never give up any of my glocks.

Agreed, As long as your smart and your finger never touches the trigger unless your ready to shoot, as it should be, then youll be fine. and remember to unload before cleaning or stripping your sidearm. but that should be done regardless of safety features on your handgun.

As for finding a place to pick up a Glock, its not the best selection and of course you need a FFL to ship to but, www.Rockyourglock.com has a small selection of Glock handguns, and they do alot of personalzation to the glocks. thats if you cant find a FFL locally that carries the Glock your looking for. also www.glockmeister.com has a few if you have already fired the Glock and know what you want exactly, both sites if im not mistaken give you options to customize the Glock before its bought and shipped, I.E. Night sights, plugs, trigger setups, Ect.

~Wolf~
Semper-Fi

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Does anyone know for sure if the G30sf is coming out as a Gen4? And, if so, any idea when?

When I had a few dollars last month, I couldn't find anyone local to me with a G30 of any kind in stock.

Now, my darling wife has spent THAT money and is working on my future earnings, as well. :banghead:

Trying to match up availability of money with availability of gun is proving to be tricky!

When they bring out the gen4 G30 they will do away with the "SF" designation. The new gen4 frames come from the factory as a SF gun and when you add the medium back plate it converts it to a regular Glock grip, and when you add the large plate it makes the grip slightly larger than the normal grip.

Marco

Where did you obtain this information? I know the largest PD dept in the commonwealth of VA carries Glock and Chesapeake VA just switched over. I read recently somewhere that something like 60-70% of depts issue Glocks.

As an owner of several Glocks.. don't let the stat foul you...

Most Gov't contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder that meets their requirements.
Why do you think the US mil are carrying Beretta's instead of Sig's.... it isn't because the Beretta's are better.

Grizz

+1 for the Glock 30.

I have had mine for over a year now and its what I carry every day. I started as a CCer and still do occasionally when I see fit, but I now mostly OC. It is a little thick for CC, but it can easily be done with the proper holster/wardrobe. Here is a holster that I highly recommend for IWB www.kholster.com. They make holsters for many makes and models, and it is an extremely comfortable IWB CC platform.

Another recommendation I have is to obtain some pearce grip extensions www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-30 for the magazines as the originals can give you an unpleasant "pinky pinch" when firing.