• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Steel Challenge in Boulder City (May 26th, 2012)

vintvn

STEEL CHALLENGE
Hosted By Venture Crew 45

May 26th, 2012
8:00AM to 12:00PM

Join Venture Crew 45 at the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club for competition in a 4-stage Steel Challenge.

• This will be a “lost brass” event. The events will end when all shooters have completed their shooting.
• Participants must bring their own firearm and ammunition. Limited ammo will be available for purchase.
• Eyes and ears are required to be worn while on property.

COST:

- $25 (FIRST ROUND OF 4 STAGES, 3 ATTEMPTS EACH),
- $10 ONE TIME EVENT RANGE FEE FOR NON-BRPC MEMBERS,
- $5 FOR ADDITIONAL STAGES (3 ATTEPMTS EACH)

Boulder City, NV

For more information, registration, and pricing, visit our website at : www.Crew45.org/sc

Have questions? Please email us at: ontarget@crew45.org

Attachments

• Steel Challenge Event Flyer Modified (3).pdf
    311.8 KB · Views: 94

The Big Guy

Sorry but I will not support any firearms related event in a city that doesn't respect my Rights.

Boulder City, Nevada
City Code

Bold added by me for emphasis

The following is a copy of a letter from the Boulder City Attorneys office.

TBG

Mr. Dieter,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I field at least two questions a week from concerned gun owners wanting to know the situation regarding Boulder City's handgun regulations. I must have assumed that I'd contacted you. In any event I apologize for the delay.

As the City Manager has correctly informed you, the Nevada Legislature took action a couple of years ago to preempt local government with regard to the regulation of firearms. The State has the final say on all areas of handgun ownership and use with one exception. The State Legislature has reserved to the local governments the authority to regulate the discharge of firearms. In all other respects (concealed weapon permits, open carry, etc.) the Legislature has sole authority. On that basis, it is no longer unlawful in Boulder City for a person who has an appropriate permit from the sheriff of their county of residence to carry a concealed weapon in Boulder City, the Boulder City Code notwithstanding. We are in the process of amending our code to exclusively address discharge of firearms within the City, but as to concealed or open carry, my office will not prosecute anyone for violating the old City Code.

Hopefully this information answers your question. Feel free to contact me by telephone to discuss any further questions you might have.

David R. Olsen, City Attorney
City of Boulder City
401 California Avenue
Boulder City, Nevada 89005
Office: (702) 293-9238
Fax: (702) 293-9438

Last edited:

The Big Guy

What was the date on this letter?

Don't have the date as I lifted it from the emails I used in my work with the City of Henderson but it had to have been withing the last few years.
This topic has been discussed on here in detail. If you search it, I'm sure you will find the original thread and be able to get the date.

I have carried in Boulder City many times with no problem. I have been in the parks there also without challenge. I don't think there is any problems there.

TBG

wrightme

How so? If no one shows up, the "Venture Crew 45" can let BC know that their event would have had a larger turnout if the BC code was in line with State Law. BC may or may not care about the additional revenue for their city, I have no idea. I do know that I'm not traveling over 100 miles to spend money in a city that still has a law on the books that goes against our Rights.

I like the city, its the city code that I have a problem with.

Don't spend money in the city. Spend money for the shooting group.

As example, if that group is the only one in BC that is fighting bad statutes, would you deny them support because of the city statutes that they are fighting against?

jdholmes

How so? If no one shows up, the "Venture Crew 45" can let BC know that their event would have had a larger turnout if the BC code was in line with State Law. BC may or may not care about the additional revenue for their city, I have no idea. I do know that I'm not traveling over 100 miles to spend money in a city that still has a law on the books that goes against our Rights.

I like the city, its the city code that I have a problem with.

1. Your protest seems irrelevant given that they themselves agree that preemption makes the law null.

2. Having a bad turnout does not let them know that it would have been larger if BC code was changed. There are any number of reasons they could speculate as to the low turnout. A low turnout is unlikely anyways, given that not enough people would agree with your stance to make any impact. Given that it is a private function you are protesting the event and its hosts not the city which further diminishes any impact that your protest would have. The city gets paid either way - what is the likelihood they would even hear about the low turnout or care?

There are just far more significant battles to fight, IMO. Picking at bones when there is a steak sitting on the table.

Last edited: