• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can i CC at work even though I signed a contract ?

AK47hero

I know I could be fired but can any legal actions be taken against me? looked for the laws regarding this but couldn't find any.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Perhaps for a civil tort, a loss that the contracting parties might claim.

ecocks

Perhaps for a civil tort, a loss that the contracting parties might claim.

Well, it would be pretty hard for you to defend from trespass if your contract is with the owner/renter of the property. Obviously, if that is the other contract party, then the owner/lessor/whatever has pretty clearly informed you that they do not wish you to carry on their property.

Operator_223

I got the same problem -- carrying at work or on the job

i got the same problem. I work in very remote sites in west texas or new mexico, miles and miles from the nearest road working at natural gas booster stations etc. we are "prohibited" by both my employer and the customer from having a fire arm on their property or on my truck or in the office. well.... I can always get another job..... but Im not likely to come back from the dead or jump up out of a wheelchair.

just keep it very quiet, very discreet. you never know when a disgruntled employee "got screwed" and comes in for some payback, or you are 34 miles from the nearest paved road and your truck craps out and you are now a camper in the desert.

im not telling you to break the "law", but Im telling you to consider your priorities.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There is a very good possibility that your employer could charge you with wilfuil criminal trespass. You knew carry at work was not allowed. You did so after being told by your employer not to have a firearm on the property.

There is no requirement that the notice not to carry/instruction to leave has to happen immediately before the placing of a trespass charge.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
just keep it very quiet, very discreet. you never know when a disgruntled employee "got screwed" and comes in for some payback, or you are 34 miles from the nearest paved road and your truck craps out and you are now a camper in the desert.

im not telling you to break the "law", but Im telling you to consider your priorities.

Maybe not breaking "the law" but certainly you are encouraging him to violate his contract with his employer and place his employer's relationship with the client in jeopardy. Doing the latter leaves him open to being sued by his employer for loss of income should his action in violation of company employment contract result in terminartion of the contract with the client. And since you are encouraging him to violate the contract, he can turn around and sue you.

Discretion is the better part of valor. Silence trumps discretion when dealing with not adhereing to 100% compliance with contracts and/or the law.

stay safe.