Thread: Cpl renewal in less than 6 weeks

Question Cpl renewal in less than 6 weeks

Got it in the mail today... WOW Wayne county!!!
    The new card says date is good from 07/04/2012 - 07/04/2017
    So should I carry old card also? It's not 07/04/2012 yet?
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

Interesting. Is 07/04/2012 the expiration date of your current license?
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Maybe they are using DD/MM/YYYY now and it goes into effect tomorrow.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Cool correct

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Interesting. Is 07/04/2012 the expiration date of your current license?
    my old CPL experiation date is 7-4-12
    the new card says its good from 7-4-12 to 7-4-17
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

Cool hahahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Maybe they are using DD/MM/YYYY now and it goes into effect tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post
    Got it in the mail today... WOW Wayne county!!!
    The new card says date is good from 07/04/2012 - 07/04/2017
    So should I carry old card also? It's not 07/04/2012 yet?
    Yes, carry the old card until it expires, then use new card.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post
    my old CPL experiation date is 7-4-12
    the new card says its good from 7-4-12 to 7-4-17
    Great! I didn't know they were doing this already. I knew a law was in the works for this but I don't remember it taking effect yet. Now everyone will get the full five years instead of four if you renew early.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

It was "immediate effect".
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

To be more clear I don't remember it being passed and signed into law. I do remember a discussion about it a while back and you stating it would be immediate.
    Wheels

Any county not doing it is breaking the law and should be notified of the change.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Well, I live in Ingham and my CPL expires in September, so I will be renewing mine soon.
    Wheels