• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms purchases booming in Wisconsin. Orders ... send dealers scrambling

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Last edited:

smithman

Sounds like Wisconsin is due for a crime increase of a similar amount because that's what the Brady Campaign says. Oh wait, crime isn't increasing at a rate like that. Oops I guess the Brady Campaign lied to me. I wonder what else they are lying about?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Signs Of The Times.....Ruger Suspends Taking Orders....They Received 1 Million So Far

You have to love it when a major U.S. firearms manufacturer says..."Hold on!...We Received A Million Orders And Can't Take Anymore Just Yet!". :monkey

One of many links: http://offgridsurvival.com/rugerstopsacceptinggunorders/

Official Ruger Statement:

SOUTHPORT, CT –Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

The Company’s Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
Despite the Company’s continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.

protias

But, but, but, the Brady Bunch said firearm ownership was at its lowest level ever. Who am I to believe?! /sarcasm

For what little it is worth WI isn't the only state enjoying record fire arms sales. I work part time in a small mom & pop pawn shop in a rural area and our handgun sales have boomed and from the other dealers that I have talked with have seen the same thing. The dealers in the state of AR are seeing the same thing. Despite what the Brady Bunch whines the crime rate has gone down also except petty theft and some are getting their ass shot off for that even.

XDFDE45

"The Brady Campaign also says "the percentage of American households with a gun has been steadily declining over time" and that gun sales are concentrated among people who already own guns."

Apparently they missed the DOJ release earlier this year saying that while gun ownership continues to RISE crime has been going DOWN :banghead:.

protias

"The Brady Campaign also says "the percentage of American households with a gun has been steadily declining over time" and that gun sales are concentrated among people who already own guns."

Apparently they missed the DOJ release earlier this year saying that while gun ownership continues to RISE crime has been going DOWN :banghead:.

FBI also says firearm ownership continues to rise.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Too bad Brady Bunch doesn't actually check the yearly statistics for homicide, suicide and accidental shootings. They might be embarrassed by the facts. They just publish their baloney and expect that nobody will verify it.

bigdaddy1

Too bad Brady Bunch doesn't actually check the yearly statistics for homicide, suicide and accidental shootings. They might be embarrassed by the facts. They just publish their baloney and expect that nobody will verify it.

Thats why our government should require truth in advertising for any charitable organization. Blatantly falsifying data to gain donations is criminal in my opinion.

M

McX

saw in the local paper an article on this this am, pic of Moto's gun on his hip included. i love good press.