• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Political correctness (It's a wash!)

TechnoWeenie

Can't believe that things have gotten so bad that they start to invade my own home....

So, I'm doing some chores around the house, and started thinking about some things..

Whites, and coloreds, mainly... segregation...environment.. cleansing..etc

But then I realized, that I shouldn't call them coloreds... Because, in this politically correct day and age, someone might get the wrong idea... Didn't wanna call them 'blacks' because they're not all black, and someone, again, could be offended..

So, I'm sitting there thinking about whites and how best one should go about cleansing either group.... The whites aren't really white any more anyway, right?

After thinking about it some more, I realized that what really needed to happen, was segregation... I know it's controversial, but I wholeheartedly support it... You don't want the whites getting mixed up with other things... So, again, searching on the internet, I saw that so many people were against it. 'Integrate' they say..

So apparently people take offense to my idea of segregation and cleansing...

So I decided that I'd bow to political correctness, and avoid conflict by not segregating, and just lump everything into one category.... But I'm sure someone will complain about that too, saying they were SUPPOSED to be kept separate..

I get to thinking, what about the environment? If it was just whites, who cares, but now that they're together, what's the best? It's completely different for whites than it is others. Can't be too hot, or too cold...

So, I just dump everything in... and set it to warm wash, cold rinse.. That should be a happy medium....

I just wish I could do my damn laundry without politics getting involved....

And if you were reading this, thinking that I was talking about people, YOU are part of the problem..

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Add a small amount of trisodium phosphate (TSP) to your dishwasher or laundry loads - don't buy the rip-off synthetic. The good stuff is still available from Lowes and fine paint stores. Avoid anything that says "Trisodium Phosphate PF" - the PF means "Phosphate Free."

Your whites will be whiter, your coloreds will be brighter, and your dishes will sparkle & IMO will not (for the greenies) harm the environment.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2740228/posts

Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
Add a small amount of trisodium phosphate (TSP) to your dishwasher or laundry loads - don't buy the rip-off synthetic. The good stuff is still available from Lowes and fine paint stores. Avoid anything that says "Trisodium Phosphate PF" - the PF means "Phosphate Free."

Your whites will be whiter, your coloreds will be brighter, and your dishes will sparkle & IMO will not (for the greenies) harm the environment.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2740228/posts

Phosphate free Tri-sodium phosphate, what next sulphur free sulphuric acid or chlorine free sodium chloride?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I use soap nuts. Just toss 5 in a muslin baggie, throw into the washer and press start. Easy peasy.
If it was easy then everyone would do it.

How do you measure and compare the efficacy of your low concentration (~100 ppm, weight of raw berry) saponin only cleaning solution with a modern cleaning solution system?

Commercial soaps (e.g., Ivory with tallowate saponin) are quite expensive and of limited effect due to the small amount of Ethylene-Diamine-Tetraacetic Acid EDTA.

A common formulation is sodium carbonate (washing soda), disodium tetraborate (borax) and soap (saponin adjusted to prevent excessive agitator foaming) and an effective quantity (QS) of sodium percarbonate (bleaching oxygen). This is an inorganic system with the organic saponin only to bind and remove the dissolved contaminants. Organic proteases are occasionally used to make a "bio-detergent".

OC for ME

Cleansing or clean is a subjective term. I don't subscribe to societal norms regarding such matters.

You may think it is clean, yet I'll break out a flashlight and do a looking around, not so clean after all.

PistolPackingMomma

So you don't subscribe to societal norms but nothing natural is as good as the societal norm?

I never claimed soap nuts were equal to the formula of modern day cleaners; nor did I tell anyone they had to start using them. I've weighed the pros and cons of a saponin cleansing method versus the modern system, and chose what I felt was best for me. It just happens to be easy to use.

Your posts on the topic seem to suggest that you're one of those folks who have a subconscious desire to make everyone else do everything your way.

OC for ME

I could be wrong, but I think the above is my very first comment on cleaning, beyond cleaning firearms.

And yes, if it ain't clean my way it ain't clean.....everyone holds the same position.

Unless you don't mind your cat walking around on your counter tops in the kitchen or laying on the dinner table....while you eat. Everyone has their own thing about clean. Their 'dirt' is OK, other folks dirt is nasty.

It is not subconscious it is conscious, but I don't make a point about actually forcing you to do it my way. If you can't see the wisdom of doing 'it' my way, well, keep on doing it wrong....no biggie. I can only impart wisdom and not behavior.

PistolPackingMomma

I could be wrong, but I think the above is my very first comment on cleaning, beyond cleaning firearms.

And yes, if it ain't clean my way it ain't clean.....everyone holds the same position.

Really? Because I don't. But then again I don't have controlling or judgmental issues.

Unless you don't mind your cat walking around on your counter tops in the kitchen or laying on the dinner table....while you eat. Everyone has their own thing about clean. Their 'dirt' is OK, other folks dirt is nasty.

It is not subconscious it is conscious, but I don't make a point about actually forcing you to do it my way. If you can't see the wisdom of doing 'it' my way, well, keep on doing it wrong....no biggie. I can only impart wisdom and not behavior.

Thanks for making my point.

Now to stop derailing this thread into a pointless argument...*exits stage right*

DocWalker

Can't believe that things have gotten so bad that they start to invade my own home....

So, I'm doing some chores around the house, and started thinking about some things..

Whites, and coloreds, mainly... segregation...environment.. cleansing..etc

But then I realized, that I shouldn't call them coloreds... Because, in this politically correct day and age, someone might get the wrong idea... Didn't wanna call them 'blacks' because they're not all black, and someone, again, could be offended..

So, I'm sitting there thinking about whites and how best one should go about cleansing either group.... The whites aren't really white any more anyway, right?

After thinking about it some more, I realized that what really needed to happen, was segregation... I know it's controversial, but I wholeheartedly support it... You don't want the whites getting mixed up with other things... So, again, searching on the internet, I saw that so many people were against it. 'Integrate' they say..

So apparently people take offense to my idea of segregation and cleansing...

So I decided that I'd bow to political correctness, and avoid conflict by not segregating, and just lump everything into one category.... But I'm sure someone will complain about that too, saying they were SUPPOSED to be kept separate..

I get to thinking, what about the environment? If it was just whites, who cares, but now that they're together, what's the best? It's completely different for whites than it is others. Can't be too hot, or too cold...

So, I just dump everything in... and set it to warm wash, cold rinse.. That should be a happy medium....

I just wish I could do my damn laundry without politics getting involved....

And if you were reading this, thinking that I was talking about people, YOU are part of the problem..

When I joined the military many many years ago the military taught us that you should segrigate the whites and then lump anything else together it didn't matter if it was colored or black. It was whites and then everything else.

This is why my wife doesn't let me near the laundry room, evedently I'm not competent enough to do laundry. I have to thank the military for teaching me how to seperate the whites from everything else.

gunns

I guess I am part of the problem. I thought you were on a rant of some kind, I was thinking what in heck is wrong with this guy.

Goes to show you, I must be a racist. Thanks for reminding me.

OC for ME

Really? Because I don't. But then again I don't have controlling or judgmental issues.

Thanks for making my point.

Now to stop derailing this thread into a pointless argument...*exits stage right*
The Interwebs is terrible where the imparting of facial expressions is concerned....I don't know how to insert a wink into my posts. But, hey, to each their own.

DocWalker

I guess I am part of the problem. I thought you were on a rant of some kind, I was thinking what in heck is wrong with this guy.

Goes to show you, I must be a racist. Thanks for reminding me.

I can't help but read all your posts in Benders voice....your words fit perfect with his sarcastic wit...lol