Thread: Open Carry

Open Carry

i just started open carry and I would like to ask a Question, When you open carry do you have to have a special type carrying case before you can open-carry? When I bought mine it came with a holster in the case is that OK to open carry with?
    Also I should have my CCDW next week does that stop me from open carry?

Sorry about the heading we are new at this....
    Last edited by kygunowner; 05-06-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Ohhhhh man, you have to know the special handshake, the special shoes and, of course, the special case.

Nah, you'll need ammunition, for one. Now are we talking holsters? This is largely personal preference. I use an OWB bianchi holster. Retention is always a good thing, too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Stop making threads titled "Open carry" if you have a specific question (like the two you posted) reference that question in the title. Make the title something like "Cases for open carrying" or "OCing with a CCDW"

I assume you meant holster. You can OC with any holster you wish, without a CCDW I would suggest you not use an inside waist band (IWB) holster or just have it exposed out of your pocket as this may quickly turn into concealed carry.

Also, your CCDW has NOTHING to do with open carrying. The license is to carry a concealed deadly weapon, it chances nothing about open carrying. The only difference is now you can open carry without 1000' of a school (just not on school property in most cases).

**Does the special handshake**
    Last edited by 09jisaac; 05-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by kygunowner View Post
    i just started open carry and I would like to ask a Question, When you open carry do you have to have a special type carrying case before you can open-carry? When I bought mine it came with a holster in the case is that OK to open carry with?
    Also I should have my CCDW next week does that stop me from open carry?
    Just because you get your ccdw doesnt mean that you have to stop ocing. Just allows you to cover up when you need too.
    Do not argue with stupid people.....They drag you to their level and beat you with experience !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Stop making threads titled "Open carry" if you have a specific question (like the two you posted) reference that question in the title. Make the title something like "Cases for open carrying" or "OCing with a CCDW"

I assume you meant holster. You can OC with any holster you wish, without a CCDW I would suggest you not use an inside waist band (IWB) holster or just have it exposed out of your pocket as this may quickly turn into concealed carry.

Also, your CCDW has NOTHING to do with open carrying. The license is to carry a concealed deadly weapon, it chances nothing about open carrying. The only difference is now you can open carry without 1000' of a school (just not on school property in most cases).

**Does the special handshake**
    Why not IWB holster? Seems to me to be a perfectly sound choice. Someone needs to teach me the handshake!
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Why not IWB holster? Seems to me to be a perfectly sound choice. Someone needs to teach me the handshake!
    It is. I said it can quickly turn into a concealed carry. Without a permit this would be illegal. Say I have my shirt tucked into my pants, making IWB perfectly legal, then I bend to the opposite side of my firearm and my shirt pulls out. If my shirt covers my firearm then I am concealed carrying a deadly weapon. If, for some reason, I did not notice this and continue on my way I may be stopped.

I wish I could teach you the handshake, but I am just not for sure you are dedicated enough to reach the skill needed.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

What kind of gun do you have now? The one that came with a holster?

holster

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    What kind of gun do you have now? The one that came with a holster?
    Yes it's a 9mm XD 4 inch barrel

Quote Originally Posted by kygunowner View Post
    Yes it's a 9mm XD 4 inch barrel
    If it's the kit as pictured, then yes, that holster is sufficient.

Activist Member
    Gutshot. I would recommend that you try the galco king tuk, or comp-tac minatour. These holsters, unlike regular holsters that are the shape of the gun, have a large leather backplate and it eliminates the gun digging into your hip, and also spreads the weight out very well. These holsters are more comfortable, to me, than an OWB (most of them). If you're having problems concealing a certain gun, I would check them out.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Holsters

Personally, i thought that an IWB holster would tend to be the most uncomfortable thing ever but after experiencing the Galco Summer Comfort II holster (IWB), I was amazed at just how comfortable this thing really was! I have also been reading great things about both the Galco King Tuck & the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. I have to say, though I haven't ordered one yet, I am impressed with the fact that Crossbreed has a Lifetime Warranty & a Try It FREE Guarantee! You can't ask for more than that. Additionally, if you willing to forgo the Try It Free Guarantee, you can even purchase a Crossbreed holdter even cheaper by going to Crossbreed Seconds (http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/) and can save some hard earned cash.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Xd9mm

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    If it's the kit as pictured, then yes, that holster is sufficient.

THATS HER