• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Ltr to Sen Heller on opposition to Fed Court Judge Nominee Cadish

davidmcbeth

Banned
The NRA is going to run out of ink if they are going to be writing letters in respect to gov't officials who think that the 2nd amendment is not a personal right.

Before heller, I would say 100% of demorats has this opinion.... and now, still 75% maintain its not a personal right...and 100% treat gun owners like heller, mcdonald, etc never existed.

Rollbar

May 11, 2012

Mr. J.B. Sims
P.O. Box ****
Fallon, NV 89407-6871

Dear Mr. Sims:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the nomination of Elissa Cadish to the United States District Court for the District of Nevada. I appreciate hearing from you.

The role of the United States Senate in confirming the President's nominations is one of the most important constitutional obligations we have as senators, and it is a duty that I take very seriously. As you know, Elissa Cadish was nominated by President Obama on February 16, 2012, to the United States District Court for the District of Nevada. Please be assured that I have noted your views regarding Ms. Cadish’s nomination. Should I have opportunity to consider her nomination before the full Senate, I will certainly keep your concerns in mind.

Throughout my time in both the House of Representatives and the Senate, I have fought to protect the Second Amendment. As a gun owner, I welcomed the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, which made clear that every law abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. We must work to protect this right by enforcing laws that keep guns away from terrorists and criminals. The rights of responsible gun owners should not be compromised by individuals who use firearms to commit crimes. You can be certain that I will continue to use my leadership position in the Senate to defend the Second Amendment and to protect the interests of Nevada's gun owners.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
HARRY REID
United States Senator

HR:kt

Here is what I got and the red type was indeed red.

The Big Guy

Of course you did... and so did anyone and everyone who wrote him a letter I'm sure.

Nope, I didn't. Horse s… Harry no longer sees the benefit (to him) in corresponding with yours truly.

Do you think I might have upset his delicate sensitivities somewhere along the way???

TBG

varminter22

Okay... I'm confused. The letters from the NRA and the NFAC are to Republican Senator Dean Heller, NV, and the response comes from Wh*re House Harry? What's up with that?
Uh, the response from Dirty Harry is because I/we also wrote to him (personally, as private citizens) to express our disgust with his support of Cadish.

Obviously, it is no surprise to receive that response from him!

The Big Guy

Ummm...Cadish is Obama's nominee, not Reid's...

Actually she was suggested to Obama by Reid. In order for the nominee to be considered, both Senators from her home state have to support the nomination. She was cut off by Heller who refused to support her nomination. Of course H.S. Harry then proceeded to try an end run by trying to get the rules changed so that Heller could not block her.

TBG

varminter22

SFA thank you letter to Senator Heller:
SFA_Thanks_SenHeller_May11_2012_rsz.JPG