• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A victory at the Republican state convention.

The Big Guy

My wife, who is a delegate to the Nevada Republican convention, told me that 2 important items passed and are included in the platform. They are guaranty of the 2nd amendment and reciprocity. These are important isues for us and now it’s official. (Now if we can get all Republican candidates to follow the platform, that would be great.)

Congressman Dr. Ron Paul has taken 22 of the 25 delegates to the National Convention to be held in August. This in my opinion is also great news for the 2nd amendment.

TBG

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Congressman Dr. Ron Paul has taken 22 of the 25 delegates to the National Convention to be held in August....

So does that mean that NV is voting for Dr Paul at the Convention in Florida?

I've been doing lots of research on this, and still can't figure this out. Dr. Paul is also getting more delegates in other states despite "losing" the primaries and caucuses. I've been following the delegate tracker at the NY Times' website, and they only say a small number of delegates are free from the primaries and caucuses, so of course show Romney with an insurmountable lead.

Just what ARE the true numbers of delegates for each candidate, or how do we find out?

The Big Guy

So does that mean that NV is voting for Dr Paul at the Convention in Florida?

I've been doing lots of research on this, and still can't figure this out. Dr. Paul is also getting more delegates in other states despite "losing" the primaries and caucuses. I've been following the delegate tracker at the NY Times' website, and they only say a small number of delegates are free from the primaries and caucuses, so of course show Romney with an insurmountable lead.

Just what ARE the true numbers of delegates for each candidate, or how do we find out?

First off you are not going to get a true and complete tally from the news media. Secondly in many of the primaries/caucuses the "votes" are only popularity contests, and the delegates are chosen later. In some states it is a winner take all and those delegates MUST vote for the winner on the first round. In other states they must vote for the candidate they are pledged to on the first round, and thereafter they can vote for whomever they wish. If in this case Romney does not win the needed votes on the first round, then many of the delegates are then free to vote for whomever they wish in the next vote.

One of the real important issues here is that even if a Ron Paul supporter must vote for Romney, he still can help decide who takes the VP slot, who becomes the Chair and what items are on the platform. In other words if there are enough RP supporters at the National convention they could tell Romney who his running mate will be and the platform upon which he will run.

Hope that explains it. As usual there was a lot of shenanigans going on this weekend by the party and Romney supporters in both NV and ME.

TBG

Last edited: