Thread: Synthesis, Wisc.DoT Safe Routes to School 'Walking School Bus' and Gun Free Sch Zones

Herr Heckler Koch

Synthesis, Wisc.DoT Safe Routes to School 'Walking School Bus' and Gun Free Sch Zones

http://www.dot.wi.gov/localgov/docs/...es-toolkit.pdf

Guns are prohibited on school buses.

The route evaluation considers trash and litter, dogs, air quality but not legally armed citizens' households. I have warned my local boards of the presence of guns and ammunition on my property within 100 feet of the road and on my hip.
    ================================================== ====================
    Living rent free in your head. "The Quixotes of this Age fight with the Wind-mills of their owne Heads." John Cleveland, The character of a London diurnall, 1644

Am I missing something? I don't find any reference to firearms or guns with a search of the PDF.

Herr Heckler Koch
    That's why Synthesis is in the title. (Synthesis: The formation of a complex and coherent concept by combining simpler things. The logical combination of elements, material or abstract, into a synthesized entity.)

Guns are prohibited on school buses and in school zones. Safe Routes to School creates 'Walking School Buses' with a volunteer leader analogous to the bus driver and that is required to evaluate the route for hazards that do not yet avoid armed households.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 05-07-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Question

"I have warned my local boards of the presence of guns and ammunition on my property within 100 feet of the road and on my hip."

Why would you "Warn" any boards about what is on your property or on your hip?

Herr Heckler Koch
    Arguing against my community's participation in Safe Routes to School and Project Safe Neighborhoods.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    If you are the only one who "gets" your point, perhaps you erred in trying to make it. Painting yourself as an extremist will not benefit gun rights education on the island.

Why would armed citizens be a threat to grade schoolers?

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    Why would armed citizens be a threat to grade schoolers?
    Who said they were? Intrusive government campaigns in the name of Keep Our Own Kids Safe KOOKS are threats to the arms of armed citizens.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    He's trying to make a point that GFSZ laws are silly and that reasonable responsible adults in the neighborhood are not a threat. Too bad the scene at the meeting may look something like this...

Our next new business item, we have another correspondence from that Doug guy and he is stating that his guns and ammo are a threat to children walking to school
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 05-08-2012 at 04:15 PM.