• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Synthesis, Wisc.DoT Safe Routes to School 'Walking School Bus' and Gun Free Sch Zones

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.dot.wi.gov/localgov/docs/saferoutes-toolkit.pdf

Guns are prohibited on school buses.

The route evaluation considers trash and litter, dogs, air quality but not legally armed citizens' households. I have warned my local boards of the presence of guns and ammunition on my property within 100 feet of the road and on my hip.
======================================================================
Living rent free in your head. "The Quixotes of this Age fight with the Wind-mills of their owne Heads." John Cleveland, The character of a London diurnall, 1644

H

Herr Heckler Koch

That's why Synthesis is in the title. (Synthesis: The formation of a complex and coherent concept by combining simpler things. The logical combination of elements, material or abstract, into a synthesized entity.)

Guns are prohibited on school buses and in school zones. Safe Routes to School creates 'Walking School Buses' with a volunteer leader analogous to the bus driver and that is required to evaluate the route for hazards that do not yet avoid armed households.

Last edited:

Grizz272

"I have warned my local boards of the presence of guns and ammunition on my property within 100 feet of the road and on my hip."

Why would you "Warn" any boards about what is on your property or on your hip?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Arguing against my community's participation in Safe Routes to School and Project Safe Neighborhoods.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Why would armed citizens be a threat to grade schoolers?
Who said they were? Intrusive government campaigns in the name of Keep Our Own Kids Safe KOOKS are threats to the arms of armed citizens.

Interceptor_Knight

He's trying to make a point that GFSZ laws are silly and that reasonable responsible adults in the neighborhood are not a threat. Too bad the scene at the meeting may look something like this...

Our next new business item, we have another correspondence from that Doug guy and he is stating that his guns and ammo are a threat to children walking to school
:shocker:

Last edited: