• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Abingdon gun show

papa bear

Almost forgot about it and only got there Sunday. still had a good time. it mostly seemed like there were more gun booths than anything.
i worked the VCDL booth. BTW, y'all need to buy tickets from Al and the boys.
had some interesting encounters, a lot of the people were from TN. does anyone know what the grass roots group is in TN?
there were a few people that had no clue what VCDL was, ran in to one that thought it was a militia. some asked if it was like the NRA, of course the answer is no.
ran into the guy again, where his son had to defend himself in FL, killing his assailant. he was cleared of all and no charges were pressed. but when he got back to Washington county the DA (and a bad lawyer) forced him to turn in his CHP. this was so wrong on so many levels. we advised him to reapply and see what that would do. i have encouraged him to come online and tell his story.hope he does.
got to meet PARAMEDIC. good to meet you buddy, and of course his wife. he is an open carrier like us. had a discussion with one of the board members that believes CC is the only way to carry.
also got into a discussion with another board member, about the upcoming shoot at the Roanoke rifle and revolver club (May 12,2012 be there if you can). he said i would not be able to carry. if this is true there is no way i am going to be there this seems like a silly thing for the Virginia Citizens Defense League to advicate
come on if i am too dangerous to carry there then i am too dangerous to carry in PUBLIC. just my thoughts and if you have no problems being disarmed than, please do attend