Thread: Eric Cantor PAC supprting gun-hating Lugar over gun rights supporter Richard Mourdock

Eric Cantor PAC supprting gun-hating Lugar over gun rights supporter Richard Mourdock

Has anyone heard about this?

Cantor-allied Young Guns Network urges non-Republicans to vote in Lugar race
    Barney Keller, a spokesman for the Club for Growth, which has been laying down heavy cash on Mourdock's behalf, said of the mailer, “Regrettably, Eric Cantor’s actions confirm the worst of what grassroots conservatives dislike about a Washington Republican leadership that is more interested in protecting its own than in promoting conservative principles and candidates.”
    David Codrea writes about this today:

Republican ‘Young Guns’ solicited Democrats to support anti-gun Lugar
    The strategy is insidious: “[I]t is targeted to non-Republicans, as it reminds voters that Indiana's GOP primary is an open one in which Democrats and independents can vote.”

There is no principle the so-called “moderates” will not forego, and no constituency they will not abandon in their single-minded party über alles focus. Thus scare tactics are being employed, often, and by those who know how, with fear-generating headlines like “[Democrat Joe] Donnelly has a better chance of beating Mourdock than Lugar in the general election.”

As far as pure gun owner interests go, so what? He’s a damn sight better than Lugar.
    Here is the 'Young Guns' flier -- Remember, it's for the Children!

Eric has never given much but lip service to 2A, and most of that has been weak.

But in politics the incumbent is always preferable to the challenger. Even when the incumbent is tainted. To be otherwise is to admit the possibility of losing one's own place at the trough.

Why else do they spend millions in campaigns to get jobs that do not pay enough to make the one of Obama's ($250,000)millionaires?*

stay safe.

*That's a rhetorical question. Really it is.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Clearly not a 2A fan

Eric Cantor is only a Conservative to the national TV audience. We in Virginia (especially those of us in the 7th District) know better. I do support his votes about 70% of the time. For the other 30% he is just damed wrong!
    Last edited by The Wolfhound; 05-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Cantor seems worried -- Robo-Calls alerting supporters of Primary Challenge

Cantor seems worried. He wants his supporters to place yard signs supporting him for the June 12th Primary.

Of course, he doesn't mention his challenger by name. He won't even debate him.

His challenger at least belongs to the GOA and VCDL, unlike Eric.

Eric Cantor is a *****. Got absolutely zero respect for him. If he'd like to argue his case then I'm more than willing to explain it to his face at a location of my choosing. He's welcome to contact me through pm here

Another black mark against Cantor.

I would really like to see high turnover in congressional representation. Maybe these guys would start governing instead of campaigning.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 05-08-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post

I would really like to see high turnover in congressional representation. Maybe these guys would start governing instead of campaigning.
    Well Lugar lost to his challenger in the primary, so no more Lugar as a RINO anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Well Lugar lost to his challenger in the primary, so no more Lugar as a RINO anyway.
    The key will be to see if the new guy can win in the fall. Lugar is better than an anti-gun opponent winning the final election.

TFred

Banned

Like all of them?

Governing requires courage. Cantor has none:

GOP leaders go slow on Eric Holder contempt vote
    Hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt? Not so fast, says House Republican leadership.

Speaker John Boehner of Ohio, Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy of California have decided to slow Rep. Darrell Issa’s drive to hold the attorney general in contempt over the controversial Fast and Furious program, a move that could infuriate conservatives who have been calling for Holder’s resignation.

The delay could be a month or even longer, according to lawmakers and aides familiar with the issue.

Some within House GOP leadership circles would like Issa to abandon his plan for a committee and floor vote, which was sparked by a 64-page memo last week, which laid out the case for contempt.

They fear negative political fallout from citing the U.S. attorney general with contempt of Congress in an election year.

House GOP leaders are remaining mum on their plans. On Wednesday, Boehner, Cantor and McCarthy met privately — without any staff present — to discuss how to handle what many House Republicans complain is a glacially slow investigation into the scandal, according to several sources with knowledge of the meeting. Under the Fast and Furious program, federal agents allowed roughly 2,000 guns illegally purchased in the United States to “walk” to Mexican drug cartels as part of a botched plan to track down who was behind the purchases.
    GOP = Cowards and Fools.

An alternative.

Thanks for spoiling my day, Repeater!

Can't imagine why investigating a CRIMINAL would be politically dangerous, though. *sigh* except that acceptance of blatant criminality seems to be the norm nowadays. God (Allah, Bhudda, voices telling me what to do, etc.) help us.

So I guess now the question is, will Cantor support the nominee, Mourdock?

I haven't looked to see if anything's been said yet.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Thanks for spoiling my day, Repeater!

Can't imagine why investigating a CRIMINAL would be politically dangerous, though. *
    It's like cannibalism RR!

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    So I guess now the question is, will Cantor support the nominee, Mourdock?

I haven't looked to see if anything's been said yet.

TFred
    I don't really trust MSNBC, but this is interesting. If the reporting is accurate, it would seem that at least Cantor knows when to cut his losses. This article was published just prior to the primary election:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...elf-from-lugar

Although, from the end of the article:

"A GOP campaign operative called Cantor’s move “wise” and said any further connection to Lugar would “hurt him with the activist base of the party.”"

I think that ship has sailed, and is already half-way to France.

TFred

That ship...

Is searching for its iceburg.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

I wish there was a viable alternative to Cantor! Sometimes I vote for the best candidate, lately it's been more of who will do the least amount of damage. I won't throw away a symbolic for somebody that has no chance just to make a statement.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdoc View Post
    I wish there was a viable alternative to Cantor! Sometimes I vote for the best candidate, lately it's been more of who will do the least amount of damage. I won't throw away a symbolic for somebody that has no chance just to make a statement.
    In almost every election, I have to vote for the better of the bad.

Eric Cantor had a big event at the Hylton in Short Pump about a month ago or so. I debated going and open carrying and eventually did. I got there a little late so I couldn't get inside of the actual ballroom but I did see/hear most of it from the doorway. There was CIA and Secret Service there watching me but they never said a word to me. Nobody did.....