• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Janesville police officers see benefit in body cameras. With poll @ GazetteXtra.com

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://gazettextra.com/news/2012/may/06/janesville-police-officers-see-benefit-body-camera/

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/150412035.html#comments

Reader poll - Should police officers have discretion on when to turn on body cameras?
Yes 51% 79 votes
No 46% 71 votes
No opinion 1% 2 votes
152 total votes

Veho Muvi Pro DV Camera w/ 4 GB Micro SD $60.57
http://www.amazon.com/Veho-Muvi-Pro-Micro-Camcorder/dp/B0037P5CAI
From the Manufacturer
The Muvi Pro is the perfect micro sized digital video camera for capturing timestamped evidence either in covert situations or for security purposes. Do you have anti social behaviour problems ? Are you constantly being knocked off your bike ? Are you a doorman, police officer, traffic warden. The Muvi Pro is perfect for you.<>The muvi unique micro design enables digital video recording in situations where it may not be possible to use standard camcorders. Coupled with the extreme sports mounting kit the muvi will allow the user to capture high quality digital video and sound footage hands free. In noise activation mode you needn't be in the same room to start recording. It makes a perfect nanny cam or spycam while you are out of the house. <> With its robust thumb sized alloy metal casing you needn't worry about your Veho Muvi Pro. It features a 2 Mega Pixel lens and records in AVI format. Its the smallest in the world of its kind. The Veho Muvi Pro comes with a 4 gB Micro SD Card, that's enough for 3 hours footage, and with a built in rechargeable battery life of 2-3 hours, you'll never miss a thing. Easily connects to your computer via Micro USB, so you can upload your videos in seconds. It also charges through any USB giving complete portability.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

I belive that with in 10 years all LEOs will have video and audio recordings of all their actions from the time they start shift to the time they end shift.

ManInBlack

And somehow they'll still manage to "not have" the video/audio of harassment...

Yep; it's amazing how many tapes or recordings end up "lost" when they prove police misconduct.

But whenever they need to nail a defendant's ass to the wall, you can be sure they'll come up with the tapes and recordings...

ETA: On another note, it deeply disturbs me that a police officer having discretion of when he will be recorded while performing his job-mandated, official, public duties is even an option in a free society.

It destroys my faith in the American voting population that so many think that's a good idea. :(

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I am all for video recording of every single minute the officer is on duty! there are way too many incidents of abusive police these days, luckily witnesses are recording these incidents and bringing it to the attention of the general public.
These recording should be made tamper-proof so they cannot be corrupted by the officer or anyone in the police department, they should be made available to the accused at no charge.
It has gotten to the point where I hope to have a video system in my vehicle that is unable to be deleted or destroyed by the police, I have gotten harassed a few too many times in my life, wrongfully accused, and treated like scum by the very people who say their duty is to serve and protect.
I current use "U-Recorder" as an iPhone app during interactions, because the recording cannot be stopped without a PIN code, but the phone can be destroyed to make it disappear.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

A legalistic justification of an officer's demand to stop a citizen recording a law enforcement interaction will be interesting given that he, too, may/should be recording. "We are the only ones professional enough" to shoot ourselves in the foot.

M

McX

maybe they should develope, install, and use rectal cameras to make sure no one sneaks up on them. the 'hinder minder', or 'butt vision' project!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Smile, YOU are on candid camera.

Cop says, "Yo, bro! Wat'chu doin back there X?"

Last edited:
M

McX

it would make for some interesting court testimony:

the evidence was lost during a recent bout of the runs.
the 'chip' inside the unit was badly burned in a bean burrito attack.
this video is grainy.....it looks like crap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008BPUdQ1XA

i'd better go, i'm having too much fun with this.

Last edited: