• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona Here I come!

gunslinger493

:D
I will relocating to AZ from South Carolina next week. I got a new job in Chandler, starting on the 21st.
I just ordered a coyote tan (keeping with the desert motif) Serpa holster for my SIG P220 match.
I will be joining AZCDL when I get settled.

Does anyone know of any pro-gun movie theaters where OC/CC is allowed?

carsontech

Activist Member
You suck.... :D Just kidding, I'm just jealous.

My wife, son, and I are trying to get out of SC. We're trying to get to state where we can actually be ourselves, specifically around Tucson, AZ.

If AZ can't happen, there're some other states we have in mind. One requirement that the state must not regulate open carry with permits.

I don't want to bash SC too much, but I blame the "good old boy" politicians, and the people that elect them, for the lack of liberty in SC.

Did I mention we can't wait to get the heck out of SC? :lol:

Rossaroni

You suck.... :D Just kidding, I'm just jealous.

My wife, son, and I are trying to get out of SC. We're trying to get to state where we can actually be ourselves, specifically around Tucson, AZ.

If AZ can't happen, there're some other states we have in mind. One requirement that the state must not regulate open carry with permits.

I don't want to bash SC too much, but I blame the "good old boy" politicians, and the people that elect them, for the lack of liberty in SC.

Did I mention we can't wait to get the heck out of SC? :lol:

I left SC and moved to AZ 11 years ago. Best move I've ever made. I lived in Tucson for about 1.5 years. It was WAY too hot for me.

Sonora Rebel

I you want'a live near Tucson... w/o the city hassle. Check Avra Valley, Picture Rocks and Three Points areas (very affordable). If you like 'cookie cutter suburban communities'... Marana Upscale: Oro Valley

Heat... it's the desert... not a patch of sand surrounding the mall. It's not Miami hot... it's desert hot. Most noobs dunno how to dress for it.

Movie theatres will be posted at the entrance... (or not). Movie theatres in malls are at the mercy of the mall. I usually CC (regardless) in those areas.

Last edited:

decklin

Super jealous right now. I have been wanting to move to AZ for a long time. I've been looking at Northern Arizona.

Viking

welcome to AZ

For all the folks moving to AZ, WELCOME TO AZ !! We're not perfect, but we still believe in liberty, for the most part. The geography in all parts of the state is magnificant, the folks are friendly, the weather in the winter is AMAZING (try t-shirt, shorts, etc.) the mexican food is excellent, the sunsets are unbelievable, the politicians are, well...POLITICIANS, but we get by with them. The crime rate is lower than many states, and then there is the GRAND CANYON, which one must see up close & personal. The Phoenix Police Dept. (if you're in Phx.) is one of the best in THE WORLD, same with our firefighters, paramedics, etc. !! Generally, unless you're doing something absolutely stupid (and obviously illegal), the police leave you alone. We have,
IMHO, the best carry laws, OC & CC, in the USA !! Our firearms laws are good also, for the most part. If you endanger innocent people, you'll get a free
trip to a splendid, all expense paid, JAIL, courtesy of Sheriff Joe !!! For all the folks who want to move here but cannot just yet, keep trying, I think it's worth it !! BTW, on July 4th, it will be my 50th anniversery in AZ. I wouldn't live anywhere else !!

gunslinger493

I am all packed up ready to go!

I will leaving SC at around noon on the 14th
Long. long drive ahead but it will be worth it!

Viking

move to AZ

Howdy, Gunslinger -

Please be careful when traveling through all of the states you must traverse to get here !! Many (most ?) aren't as enlightened as AZ is about
carry laws, so pay attention to the other states laws (if you haven't checked them out already), stay under the radar and try not to get stopped for any reason !! I don't know which states have reciprocity w/ SC, but if you have that, great !! Enjoy when you get here, Chandeler is VERY nice !!

Cava3r4

I moved here from MN in JUN of 05. The first summer was the most difficult.
I STAY here during summers. I have 9 mo's of "great weather" compared to virtually NO "good" weather in MN. 95 degrees with 99 percent humidity in MN is worse then 105 with 8 percent humidity in AZ.
Wear a straw hat and sun blocker if you are going to be out in the heat of the day.
When you get here, if you are into MUSCLE cars, go to the Pavillion (talking stick) McDonalds on Sat at 6 PM (during summer), about 1-4 PM when it is cooler. It is at 101 to west on INdian Bend about 1/4 mile. It's free and lots of fun. I go almost every Sat.
I live on the north end of PHX metro.

Last edited: