• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Concealed Fireem Permit Coursre / NRA Pistol Course

jpm84092

Greetings to my 2A friends in Illinois - the only State with little or no recognition of the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

I have never posted in this forum, but some of you follow me on Wisconsin Open Carry dot Org and the WI open carry forum. In addition to my "day job", I am an experienced firearms instructor with multiple NRA ratings and a State of Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor rating. Wisconsin (you know - Illinois largest state park) recognizes the UT permit and a UT permit will allow you to carry a concealed firearm when you visit Lake Geneva (and you all know where that is).

I live in Utah, but visit Wisconsin at least annually. My "day job" pays well so I do not charge nearly as much for my courses as the local Illinois Instructors do. I am not "dissing" them, but I believe in quality instruction that is affordable. Many people do not get quality firearms education because they cannot easily afford the class, (For references regarding my skill levels, go to the Wisconsin version of this forum and ask about the "Yellow Cat"). I am a member of the USCCA, the Vietnam Veterans of America (Chapter 236), and a life member of NRA. I am also ex-LEO.

The price for my UT CFP course begins at $40 and gets discounted from there. NRA member = discount. Wisconsin Carry Member = discount. Veteran = discount. Combat Vet = deeper discount. Indeed, if I ever have a student with the Medal of Honor, I pay him the course fee for the honor of teaching it. See www.yellowcatpersonaldefense.com for the discount schedule.

I am contemplating a trip to Wisconsin over Memorial Day to visit my mother who is in a nursing home in Janesville, WI and am trying to get an idea of the interest that Illinois Citizens might have in my course(s). I have classroom facilities in East Troy (a few miles NE of Lake Geneva - take US 12 to Interstate 43. Exit US 20 and the airport, where I have classroom facilities, is right there.) I would also consider traveling to Illinois if I had classroom facilities (since there is no range work for the UT permit, that might mean a private residence). Please respond to this thread, or better yet, PM me. If you have "special needs" or wish some sort of specialized training, please PM me with that. (One of my former WI students wants a course for older folks with disabilities.

Jim (The Yellow Cat With The M-4)

jpm84092

Another Visit To Wisconsin in August

Hi

I was not able to make the Mother's day trip, but have another trip scheduled to attend a High School Reunion. Thus, the Yellow Cat will again be available to teach the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit to IL residents who want to travel to WI (around East Troy - a few miles North of Lake Geneva). I can teach on Friday, the 24th of August, Saturday, the 25th of August (providing the course is over by 4 pm), or Sunday, the 26th of August. Or, all three if there is enough demand.

All fees are below $40 - see www.yellowcatpersonaldefense.com for discounts.

Jim

MKEgal

I mentioned your UT class on the WI Carry FB page & 4 people are interested.
I've told them to come over here & contact you themselves, but wanted you to be aware that there is at least a little bit of interest.

Last edited: