• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On sheep, wolves & sheepdogs

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You just gotta love the enthusiasm of a guy whose signature is longer than his posts, and makes use of both color and varying fonts. The real test will be to see if that enthusiasm stays at the same level.

And yes, I am well aware of the size of my sig line. And that in this case it is longer than my post.

stay safe.

PistolPackingMomma

I am not a sheep, a sheepdog or a wolf.

I'm a human being who chose to defend my family and mine alone.

gunns

Sheepdog. Its not really a choice, a person can be characterized as either a Sheep, Sheepdog or Wolf. No combination there of. Its also defined by actions and experience.

ManInBlack

Sheepdog. Its not really a choice, a person can be characterized as either a Sheep, Sheepdog or Wolf. No combination there of. Its also defined by actions and experience.

Or, merely a citizen who makes the conscious choice to exercise his right to be armed in defense of self, family, community, and liberty.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT MY ENTHUSIASM TO WANE,,,,, WHEN DID ****IT**** HAPPEN TO YOU ?!?!?

Sorry, dude, but I just never worked up enoughh enthusiasm to litter my posts with color and font/size changes just for the heck of it.

Now, if you are refering to my enthusiasm for RKBA and the effort to keep The Powers That Be in check - I guess that you have not bothered to check.

Seriously, what do you achieve (other than looking like a bad 60's light show or an even worse 70's disco dance floor) with all that [strike]crap[/strike] stuff? If you think it draws attention to the thoughts you might have, I guess we better break the news to you - it does not.

stay safe.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I do know that if push came to shove, we'd be at each others side defending what really matters, right?
I sincerely doubt that you will be at my side defending what I think really matters. I'm already at it while you are playing with crayon-colors and trite trash. When your push arrives at shove and you realize it, it will be too late for you and I'll already be dead.

Daylen

Nothing wrong with that, just doing my part as a TRUE PATRIOT :cool: to help other SHEEPDOG RKBA BRO'S & SIS'S,,,:exclaim: :lol:

PEACE & RKBA FOREVER !!!

Yes there is, it is a terrible analogy that leads to people taking on airs of superiority with no evidence of being superior.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One of the understood rules of internet decorum is that typing in all caps or bolding excessively is that it represents yelling at people and is most discourteous.

Enter into this mix the apparent new found choice of adding color and oversize fonts to such posts and the net effect is as if one where screaming at others. It buries whatever message is being attempted by turning off the readers desire to pursue reading further and reflects poorly on OCDO.

Also I would point out that the Social Lounge was never intended as a soap box for anything and everything - it is not a "free speech zone." The purpose was to provide a sub-forum where movies, books, or other things of common interest beyond RKBA could be discussed. It was never the intent to be an outlet wherein people could be insulted, attacked, called out and equally important could be yelled at with impunity.

IMHO - we all should posts responsibly or not at all. It is both a matter of what we say and how we say it.

Politely asking that the author of these posts cease and resume posting in a manner more in keeping with traditional good standards.

gunns

Or, merely a citizen who makes the conscious choice to exercise his right to be armed in defense of self, family, community, and liberty.

Yes and by making that choice you prove that you are not a sheep. The choice was illusionary (probably not a word lol), you really had no choice, you either acted or you didn't. Free choice is a trick.

ManInBlack

Yes and by making that choice you prove that you are not a sheep. The choice was illusionary (probably not a word lol), you really had no choice, you either acted or you didn't. Free choice is a trick.

It must be fun to live in a fantasy world...

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm definitely a sheepdog. Bear in mind that when the herd is attacked, the sheepdog defends themselves against the wolves, first, and if there's any fight left, they'll defend the sheep, too.

When it comes to my son, I'll defend him before myself.

OC for ME

I'm definitely a sheepdog. Bear in mind that when the herd is attacked, the sheepdog defends themselves against the wolves, first, and if there's any fight left, they'll defend the sheep, too.

When it comes to my son, I'll defend him before myself.
'Sheepdogs' will forfeit their life to save the sheep.

This is why I am not a sheepdog.

I don't care about the other sheep when 'my sheep' are with me. When it's just me, then the other sheep may, may, get some help. I get tossed into the Big House due to me being a sheep dog for all the other sheep, my sheep may no longer have a sheepdog to protect them.

Nope, the other sheep have a choice and they chose poorly. (don't start the 'what about a little kid' canard)