• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc'ing in starbucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazardousMijo

i went to a starbucks today. i ordered a hot coco like always. then this lady comes up to me and says "Do You Have A Permit For That Thing!!!!". i told her in a calm voice no and went about my business. A few moments later she returns, cutting everyone in line to tell me that i cant have a firearm in Starbucks. once again i told her in a calm voice that there was no sign saying no firearms and that Washington is a open carry state. Then she tells me she placing me under citizens arrest for brandishing a weapon. once again i told her we are an open carry state and i can legally carry a firearm, yada yada yada. this just makes her lose her mind. she demands i surrender my firearm and hand myself over to the police. she then try ed to reach for my gun. I ******* SNAPPED!!! I shoved her to the ground and told her don't do that. she got and again tried to reach for my gun. i peppered her till the police showed up. man what a day

ARADCOM

Right On!

i went to a starbucks today. i ordered a hot coco like always. then this lady comes up to me and says "Do You Have A Permit For That Thing!!!!". i told her in a calm voice no and went about my business. A few moments later she returns, cutting everyone in line to tell me that i cant have a firearm in Starbucks. once again i told her in a calm voice that there was no sign saying no firearms and that Washington is a open carry state. Then she tells me she placing me under citizens arrest for brandishing a weapon. once again i told her we are an open carry state and i can legally carry a firearm, yada yada yada. this just makes her lose her mind. she demands i surrender my firearm and hand myself over to the police. she then try ed to reach for my gun. I ******* SNAPPED!!! I shoved her to the ground and told her don't do that. she got and again tried to reach for my gun. i peppered her till the police showed up. man what a day

Now THAT's the kind of post I like to read. A real life narrative of a typical OC'ers day!

;-)

Metalhead47

lg-wtf-mug.jpg

Man, glad I picked up the jumbo sized popcorn at the store (while OCing) this weekend.
asset.php

SO, who wants to start the pool on just when this thread will be locked?

HazardousMijo

What was the outcome? Anyone charged with anything

No. The police showed up asked if i wanted to press charges and i said its ok. i got my hot chocolate (free of charge wooot) and i went on with my day. the cop told me i did the right thing, even though i had grounds to defend myself. field day for the press about some armed Mexican shooting a poor defenseless lady. scary stuff

Schlepnier

WOW...... 0_O

Did the cop at least explain to her what she did wrong and what the law is?

What exactly was her responce when you explaned to her the second time about washington states open carry status?

Inquiring minds want to know.
:banana:

HazardousMijo

WOW...... 0_O

Did the cop at least explain to her what she did wrong and what the law is?

What exactly was her responce when you explaned to her the second time about washington states open carry status?

Inquiring minds want to know.
:banana:

when the cop told her i was well within my rights to open carry. she said i was a terrorist or something like that. i dont know, i wanted my coco

the second time your referring to im guessing is the second time she reached for it. she reached for it again without saying much, or i didn't hear. the only thing on my mind was "SPRAY HER!!!!!!!!" flags going up, heart racing and stuff

Schlepnier

when the cop told her i was well within my rights to open carry. she said i was a terrorist or something like that. i dont know, i wanted my coco

the second time your referring to im guessing is the second time she reached for it. she reached for it again without saying much, or i didn't hear. the only thing on my mind was "SPRAY HER!!!!!!!!" flags going up, heart racing and stuff

You said it made her "loose her mind" when you explaned OC to her. i'm curious what her responce was before she demanded your surrender and attempted the first pistol grab.

fire suppressor

You must have OC foam otherwise the entire Starbucks would have been in a cloud. I won't carry spray and a gun I don't want to go to court after killing someone and have the judge ask me why I shot and killed the person instead of macing them. Too much liability for me

fire suppressor

No your not I'm just going along for the ride trying to see how much info I can get out of him nothing ells to do tonight :) I am certified to carry OC foam at work you can not spray someone until the police arrive and not effect everyone in the store. Especially in a store as small as Starbucks and especially the sprayer

Last edited:

HazardousMijo

You said it made her "loose her mind" when you explaned OC to her. i'm curious what her responce was before she demanded your surrender and attempted the first pistol grab.

i tried to word it the best i could but maybe that wasn't a good way to describe it. hmm thinking...... hard to show an expression here. she wasn't surprised, or shocked...but maybe something above that. like someone just told her no for the fisrt time i guess is the best way to explain if that helps

HazardousMijo

No your not I'm just going along for the ride trying to see how much info I can get out of him nothing ells to do tonight :) I am certified to carry OC foam at work you can not spray someone until the police arrive and not effect everyone in the store. Especially in a store as small as Starbucks and especially the sprayer

Foam???

BobR

can not spray someone until the police arrive

Wouldn't that depend on technique? A few squirts directly up someones nostrils when needed can keep the overspray down quite a bit. ;)

I know when I need that special pick-me-up and Starbucks is closed, a spray or two straight up my nostrils will keep me going for a while! It doesn't seem to bother my co-workers at all.

I always preferred the foam that is orange and leaves an ultra-violet marker after it is washed off. If that one isn't available a nice lavender scented one will work in a pinch. :)

bob

Superlite27

What kind of questions did the reporter ask you?

There was press involved, right?

I mean, here in St. Louis (which is a pretty decent sized town) I've seen KSDK air stories about fist fights in the mall parking lot on a slow news day.

Certainly such a remarkable interaction with a physical assault (by a female, none the less!) a peppering, and one of "those open carriers" the press loves to pounce on would certainly draw a crowd of news crews.

Certainly.

As in: Without a shred of doubt.

Let us know when the story airs.

BTW: You were keen enough not to speak to the reporters, right? After all, just because you didn't use your firearm to defend yourself, you did use another tool and it is still a self-defense situation. Your attorney will probably be full of advice on how to handle the subsequent investigation.

You do have an attorney, right?

After all, when the news segment airing the video clip of the Starbucks employee crying and relating her experience of the big bad gun wielding bully pepper spraying the poor defenseless little old lady, folks are going to be calling for your head al la Zimmerman.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Use of less lethal force

Which Starbucks, what location? Provide date and time please.

Purpose to verify the validity of the reporting of this alleged incident. A proper cite, redacted police report, or news article would have been nice, but have no fear the information or lack thereof can be confirmed by FOIA or a simple visit to the appropriate Starbucks.

Ever so often we get reports of similar dramatic first encounters that generally (always?) are works of fiction. The ball is in HazardousMijo's court. Verify.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I can think of maybe one story in the entire history of this forum which hasn't been conveyed in a "piecemeal" fashion. And that was a stupid one. Obviously, there's some reason folks really want to gripe. Perhaps they shouldn't beat around the bush.

I wonder if anybody cares to challenge the veracity of the story directly, rather than impugn it by implication and innuendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.