Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: MSI News

  1. #1
    Activist Member swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    984

    MSI News

    Maryland Shall Issue® Special Alert: Paul Dembowski Resigns

    It is our unfortunate displeasure that we announce the resignation of Paul Dembowski from his position as Legislative Director and from MSI as a whole. Paul had served as MSI’s president from 2008-2011 and took MSI from a fledgling educational group to an organization with over 6,500 members that consistently makes its presence known in Annapolis. Seeking a reduced role within the organization, Paul stepped out of the president’s position and into the then-newly created position of Legislative Director, allowing him to focus his efforts in Annapolis and remove himself from the everyday responsibilities for running MSI.

    Paul worked tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment rights of Marylanders, spending countless hours in Annapolis meeting with representatives, writing position statements/legislative updates, and testifying in Annapolis, which frequently required him to schedule leave from his job around “Gun Day” hearings. Paul did this all in what little free time was available to him. Like many of us, he has a regular job, and like all of us, our work with MSI is entirely on a volunteer basis. He was truly a model of devotion to our mutual cause.

    Despite Paul's departure, MSI will remain the 2nd Amendment advocacy group in Maryland. MSI's strength lies in its members and our membership has risen and will continue to rise to the occasion.


    Last edited by swinokur; 05-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    I'll gladly take the position if it's still open...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  3. #3
    Activist Member swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    984
    As Larry the Cable guy so aptly stated:

    "That's funny right there. I don't care who you are."


  4. #4
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Some may dispute my tactics (while, at the same time, adopting them).

    Some may dispute my public demeanor (while at the same time harboring the same thoughts but not speaking them for fear of "official reprisal")

    But none can dispute my qualifications and dedication to advancing the restoration of MD 2A rights:

    --Testified three times (in the last 4 years) before the MD House Judiciary Committee on Concealed Carry bills.
    --Carry Permit holder in 3 states (soon to be 4)
    --Appearances on several talk radio shows as "expert guest" on campus carry and general concealed carry issues
    --Founding President of SCCC Chapter at East Carolina University--the largest and most active SCCC Chapter in that state
    --20 years professional experience in graphic design, PR and advertising
    --10 years professional experience as US DOJ contractor
    --comprehensive knowledge of carry law (Statutory and case law) in WV, PA, VA, MD and NC
    --comprehensive knowledge of State and Federal crime statistics in same states, especially regarding LEO crime, firearms-related crime and "gun control"/crime rate correlations

    I'm certainly better qualified to address the MD legislature on the subject of 2A issues than the MSP Lieutenant who "testified" against HR-45 this year...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Attack on another gun rights group
    Last edited by John Pierce; 05-11-2012 at 12:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Some may dispute my tactics (while, at the same time, adopting them).

    Some may dispute my public demeanor (while at the same time harboring the same thoughts but not speaking them for fear of "official reprisal")

    But none can dispute my qualifications and dedication to advancing the restoration of MD 2A rights:

    --Testified three times (in the last 4 years) before the MD House Judiciary Committee on Concealed Carry bills.
    --Carry Permit holder in 3 states (soon to be 4)
    --Appearances on several talk radio shows as "expert guest" on campus carry and general concealed carry issues
    --Founding President of SCCC Chapter at East Carolina University--the largest and most active SCCC Chapter in that state
    --20 years professional experience in graphic design, PR and advertising
    --10 years professional experience as US DOJ contractor
    --comprehensive knowledge of carry law (Statutory and case law) in WV, PA, VA, MD and NC
    --comprehensive knowledge of State and Federal crime statistics in same states, especially regarding LEO crime, firearms-related crime and "gun control"/crime rate correlations

    I'm certainly better qualified to address the MD legislature on the subject of 2A issues than the MSP Lieutenant who "testified" against HR-45 this year...


    Im not taking sides and I understand you have gotten under the skin of a few here on the MD board.
    But with that said, perhaps the MSI needs someone with a little fire in the belly.

    Put the MD Legislature and the MDSP on the defensive for a change.

    Just saying.....
    Last edited by Sig229; 05-11-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Im not taking sides and I understand you have gotten under the skin of a few here on the MD board.
    But with that said, perhaps the MSI needs someone with a little fire in the belly.

    Put the MD Legislature and the MDSP on the defensive for a change.

    Just saying.....

    Thanks--maybe you should send them a letter of recommendation for me... ;-)
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Patuxent River MD
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Thanks--maybe you should send them a letter of recommendation for me... ;-)
    Dreamer let me know where to send the reccomendation and I'll have it in the mail tomorrow.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by KainVictus View Post
    Dreamer let me know where to send the reccomendation and I'll have it in the mail tomorrow.
    Don't bother. It won't ever happen. Trust me on this.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Don't bother. It won't ever happen. Trust me on this.

    Norton is right on this. Trust ME...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Patuxent River MD
    Posts
    97
    Dreamer I know it won't happen I was just letting you know I thought you'd do a pretty damned good job. I can only assume you don't have a CC permit in MD which means you don't have friends in high places which means you're not going to get the job. End of story.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by KainVictus View Post
    Dreamer I know it won't happen I was just letting you know I thought you'd do a pretty damned good job. I can only assume you don't have a CC permit in MD which means you don't have friends in high places which means you're not going to get the job. End of story.
    Hell, he/we could found a new gun rights organization in Maryland.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Patuxent River MD
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Hell, he/we could found a new gun rights organization in Maryland.
    I'd join up for the time I'm here and probably stay in while I was wherever I go when I leave the Navy to pursue my law career.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •