• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSI News

swinokur

Activist Member
Maryland Shall Issue® Special Alert: Paul Dembowski Resigns

It is our unfortunate displeasure that we announce the resignation of Paul Dembowski from his position as Legislative Director and from MSI as a whole. Paul had served as MSI’s president from 2008-2011 and took MSI from a fledgling educational group to an organization with over 6,500 members that consistently makes its presence known in Annapolis. Seeking a reduced role within the organization, Paul stepped out of the president’s position and into the then-newly created position of Legislative Director, allowing him to focus his efforts in Annapolis and remove himself from the everyday responsibilities for running MSI.

Paul worked tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment rights of Marylanders, spending countless hours in Annapolis meeting with representatives, writing position statements/legislative updates, and testifying in Annapolis, which frequently required him to schedule leave from his job around “Gun Day” hearings. Paul did this all in what little free time was available to him. Like many of us, he has a regular job, and like all of us, our work with MSI is entirely on a volunteer basis. He was truly a model of devotion to our mutual cause.

Despite Paul's departure, MSI will remain the 2nd Amendment advocacy group in Maryland. MSI's strength lies in its members and our membership has risen and will continue to rise to the occasion.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Some may dispute my tactics (while, at the same time, adopting them).

Some may dispute my public demeanor (while at the same time harboring the same thoughts but not speaking them for fear of "official reprisal")

But none can dispute my qualifications and dedication to advancing the restoration of MD 2A rights:

--Testified three times (in the last 4 years) before the MD House Judiciary Committee on Concealed Carry bills.
--Carry Permit holder in 3 states (soon to be 4)
--Appearances on several talk radio shows as "expert guest" on campus carry and general concealed carry issues
--Founding President of SCCC Chapter at East Carolina University--the largest and most active SCCC Chapter in that state
--20 years professional experience in graphic design, PR and advertising
--10 years professional experience as US DOJ contractor
--comprehensive knowledge of carry law (Statutory and case law) in WV, PA, VA, MD and NC
--comprehensive knowledge of State and Federal crime statistics in same states, especially regarding LEO crime, firearms-related crime and "gun control"/crime rate correlations

I'm certainly better qualified to address the MD legislature on the subject of 2A issues than the MSP Lieutenant who "testified" against HR-45 this year... :banana:

Sonora Rebel

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Attack on another gun rights group

Last edited by a moderator:

Sig229

Some may dispute my tactics (while, at the same time, adopting them).

Some may dispute my public demeanor (while at the same time harboring the same thoughts but not speaking them for fear of "official reprisal")

But none can dispute my qualifications and dedication to advancing the restoration of MD 2A rights:

--Testified three times (in the last 4 years) before the MD House Judiciary Committee on Concealed Carry bills.
--Carry Permit holder in 3 states (soon to be 4)
--Appearances on several talk radio shows as "expert guest" on campus carry and general concealed carry issues
--Founding President of SCCC Chapter at East Carolina University--the largest and most active SCCC Chapter in that state
--20 years professional experience in graphic design, PR and advertising
--10 years professional experience as US DOJ contractor
--comprehensive knowledge of carry law (Statutory and case law) in WV, PA, VA, MD and NC
--comprehensive knowledge of State and Federal crime statistics in same states, especially regarding LEO crime, firearms-related crime and "gun control"/crime rate correlations

I'm certainly better qualified to address the MD legislature on the subject of 2A issues than the MSP Lieutenant who "testified" against HR-45 this year... :banana:

Im not taking sides and I understand you have gotten under the skin of a few here on the MD board.
But with that said, perhaps the MSI needs someone with a little fire in the belly.

Put the MD Legislature and the MDSP on the defensive for a change.

Just saying.....

Last edited:

Dreamer

Im not taking sides and I understand you have gotten under the skin of a few here on the MD board.
But with that said, perhaps the MSI needs someone with a little fire in the belly.

Put the MD Legislature and the MDSP on the defensive for a change.

Just saying.....

Thanks--maybe you should send them a letter of recommendation for me... ;-)

KainVictus

Dreamer I know it won't happen I was just letting you know I thought you'd do a pretty damned good job. I can only assume you don't have a CC permit in MD which means you don't have friends in high places which means you're not going to get the job. End of story.

Sig229

Dreamer I know it won't happen I was just letting you know I thought you'd do a pretty damned good job. I can only assume you don't have a CC permit in MD which means you don't have friends in high places which means you're not going to get the job. End of story.

Hell, he/we could found a new gun rights organization in Maryland.