• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roanoke, breaking news

nuc65

Activist Member
http://www.wset.com/story/18150881/police-at-scene-of-man-with-gun-in-roanoke

A very short story with no details, but the way it reads initially is that a man had a gun in the park. Working on trying to determine if this is a county park or city park. As followers may know, Roanoke has a history of violating preemption and ignoring the VA statutes in favor of their own interpretations.

I'll post some more as I figure it out, or as others figure it out.

The converse may be true that there exists another legit reason for the MWAG article.

45acpForMe

Gang gun of choice

" police seized seven shotguns and five hunting rifles"

I can kind of understand the shotguns but how many gang members in Chesapeake run around with hunting rifles? Do they know something we don't? Are they planning a hunting expedition soon? :uhoh: