• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ebay crackdown on weapons parts

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have bid on several things lately, a set of pink furniture for an AR15, a cylinder for my colt Navy, an 1851 navy replica, and a few other things. Someone from Ebay is cancelling these because "They can be used to make a (careful, I am going to say it) GUN." No recourse, no complaints accepted. None of the things I bid on are weapons (unless you bang someone over the head with a stock).

Ranting over, feel free to add your Ebay weapons complaints

ManInBlack

Wow, that's unfortunate.

I recently purchased a picatinny Weaver adapter for my .22 from an Ebay seller. I "bought it now" for like $7.50, way less than I could get it locally and less than my usual internet suppliers, like Brownell's or Numrich.

Gil223

I have bid on several things lately, a set of pink furniture for an AR15, a cylinder for my colt Navy, an 1851 navy replica, and a few other things. Someone from Ebay is cancelling these because "They can be used to make a (careful, I am going to say it) GUN." No recourse, no complaints accepted. None of the things I bid on are weapons (unless you bang someone over the head with a stock).

Ranting over, feel free to add your Ebay weapons complaints

eBay has some particularly strange rules when it comes to"weapons", and especially anything to do with firearms. They are rather vague and their interpretation seems to be all-encompassing. "No firearms sales" (per se) is specified, no ammunition sales is not specified, but you never see any ammo listed there. And now it seems as if they're trying to ban holsters, and accessories as well as functional components of firearms. However, you can sell a case of machetes, a footlocker full of swords, and knives and daggers of all shapes, sizes and mechanical configurations. There's something inconsistent and confusing about their "weapons" policy. You might find this helpful... http://consumerist.com/2008/06/all-the-secret-paypalebay-email-addresses-and-phone-numbers-you-could-ever-want.html Pax...

P.S. Just found these as well... 1-801-545-2276 (eBay President, Direct Number Salt Lake City — Toll Number) and
1-408- 376-7514 (TOLL FAX Number) Ryan Downs, Senior Vice President Operations, PayPal, Inc. and eBay Inc.

Last edited:

Goingdef

I haven,t had any problems buying/selling Beretta parts up there, a few mags and components, holsters, laser grips and a few other parts and never had an issue and I thought the mags where pushing it but it stayed up and sold?

since9

Campaign Veteran
eBay's receiving a lot of scrutiny about this, particularly as they ship from worldwide to worldwide. The Norway massacre didn't help, as that nut case bought most or all of his "parts" via mail-order.

What's really interesting is why eBay is feeling the heat: The U.N. and the U.S. DoJ. Both are notorious for curbing interstate, not to mention international firearms trade. eBay is by no means equipped to handle the many and confusing state and federal laws with respect to interstate commerce and firearms, much less international laws, so they're shying away from it as much as possible.

Last edited:

zoom6zoom

Actually, they quietly flipped on that policy back in December and have been allowing certain types of listings again. Supposedly this coincided with the removal of the previous top guy at fleabay. And I guess when you come right down to it they're just dirty rotten capitalists like the rest of us. But who cares. I kissed them off years ago.

http://www.guns.com/ebay-flip-flops-on-gun-policy-7740.html

Last edited: