• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How are peoples experiences with Hennipen County?

VII

First off, let me introduce myself.
My name is Tyler, and I've just registered with OCDO. I've been creeping on the site for the past month or so.

Anyways,
I made a trip down to the Grin Exchange building in downtown Minneapolis on April 12th and handed in my P2C application. Now I'm playing the waiting game with Hennipen county and its driving me nuts!
My question is, now long does it usually take to receive your permit? Do I get it by mail? Do I have to pick it up?

Thanks in advance!

VII

okay

okay, good. Now I can't imagine being denied considering I've only had minor traffic infractions, but if for some reason I were denied do you think that they would send me a letter stating the denial as well as the reason?

Irish.40

Yes, the sheriff has 30 days to deny. If you are not notified within that time. Then your permit is approved. I dropped mine off on the 16th of April so I should have it next week. By law they have to hand deliver or first class mail it by day 30. But the lady downtown said " expect 30 days plus mailing time. So you should either receive a denial letter or the permit by the 15th.

robdoar

okay, good. Now i can't imagine being denied considering i've only had minor traffic infractions, but if for some reason i were denied do you think that they would send me a letter stating the denial as well as the reason?
Yes.
624.714 said:
subd. 6.
(c). To deny the application, the sheriff must provide the applicant with written notification and the specific factual basis justifying the denial under paragraph (a), clause (2) or (3), including the source of the factual basis.

Last edited:

VII

Awesome.

I swear I can't wait until this is order. I'm anxious every morning when I head out o the mail box. Its cruel and unusual punishment. Good to know that they would at least send me a letter. Off topic, but does MN ever have any OC meets?

robdoar

I swear I can't wait until this is order. I'm anxious every morning when I head out o the mail box. Its cruel and unusual punishment. Good to know that they would at least send me a letter. Off topic, but does MN ever have any OC meets?

Quarterly breakfasts at the gopher bar. Picnic once a year.

Huskydriver01

First off, let me introduce myself.
My name is Tyler, and I've just registered with OCDO. I've been creeping on the site for the past month or so.

Anyways,
I made a trip down to the Grin Exchange building in downtown Minneapolis on April 12th and handed in my P2C application. Now I'm playing the waiting game with Hennipen county and its driving me nuts!
My question is, now long does it usually take to receive your permit? Do I get it by mail? Do I have to pick it up?

Thanks in advance!

Got mine in 10 days! Boy was I shocked

art kallenbach

Anoka County

Got my PTC a 18 months ago (Anoka County) and it took less than 2 weeks. Utah PTC took a little less than 3 months. My Instructor said it could take up to 6 months so I was a little surprised.

devildogdiesel0311

Got my PTC a 18 months ago (Anoka County) and it took less than 2 weeks. Utah PTC took a little less than 3 months. My Instructor said it could take up to 6 months so I was a little surprised.

got my utah in 31 days (including shipping time), this will be day 21 waiting on Washington county sheriffs department......i called their records department and was greeted by a mean olelady who told me washington county take the advantage of the "FULL 30 day period" i told her that was a maximum not a minimum.......she didn't like that at all.